Computers and Software : I need help with my Chromebook, please: keyboard is messed up!

I need help with my Chromebook, please: keyboard is messed up!

Types random weird characters

When I try to input my password to unlock it, it types the weird characters from one key and then a bunch of sixes at infinity (by itself, after I typed 1 key!)

It types randomly a five and an apostrophy instead of my chosen le`5 (that!) letter.

I cannot use the five or the six: they minimize my screen into a desktop that displays all of my windows. Also kicks me out of my tab, but not before going several back browser strokes, by itself, enraging me when I search for the work tab I was on.

Also a US pops up. But when I went to settings, keyboard, it's all normal, I am on US, not international lingo.

It's a nightmare. Can you please help me restore without a powerwash, please?

How it happened:
Randomly, I'm typing, prob hit the wrong keys, and all of a sudden, pop up says "Keyboard shortcuts have been changed slash bar" Happens all the fkn time. I ignore it, it's fine. Types normal. Reboot. back to normal.

This time, it messed it all up.

I have no apps. I didn't DL anything. I didn't catch a virus. I don't go to questionable sites nor phishing, didn't click weird links.

What I tried:

Rebooted several times, with power key. Full reboot.
Went to settings, accessibility, shortcuts, keyboard, it's all normal
I watched YT vids
I spent several hours googling
I called mfr & Geek Squad: they both want dough to tell me how to restore it.

PS: I have tons of files in my downloads. My Drive is full. I have like 4 other drives, don't even know websites or passwords, LOL and they're full too. So I can't do a powerwash, don't want to. Also the EC reset might wipe out my files (temp files) Don't want to do that. This stupid CBook ports don't recognize my external drives or anything I plug into it, so can't save my stuff for free on HD.

Thanks for any input. It shouldn't be that complicated to fix. I just read that typing CTRL & space bar should restore back to US but it's already US. I tried that ,didn't do work. I rebooted. Same thing.

Sorry for being long-\`5 winded.

It randomly types apostrophy number `5 whenever I type letter T or K and most of the time it does not. However, when it does, it kicks me out and I can't do any work.

My password is password

Re: I need help with my Chromebook, please: keyboard is messed up!

Nimda did it

Anybody a keyboard or chromebook whiz kid, here?

My password is password

I mean… I can't even get Xmassy avatars or anything!

My password is password

Insurgent, is that you? Doggy?

So you were serious when you type that about Nimda?

My password is password

Nah that /. wasn't me… I was just kidding with my post to Christina because a couple people here have stated nimda fucks with their devices

is the chromebook nearing the 5 year mark? mine was working fine, and then next day it started doing weird stuff like resetting settings and not performing well. then it simply died. chromebooks have a 5 year lifespan. or they did 4 years ago.