Legion : I know, another post about the message board shutdown…

I know, another post about the message board shutdown…

But I couldn't help it because it really really sucks. It seems like nowadays things are constantly taken away from people who enjoy it because idiots can't control themselves.

90% of my time on IMDB is in the message boards and yeah there's a lot of trolling but why can't people just ignore it and continue using the boards for what they are meant for. I for one am pretty upset by this whole deal so am pretty much giving up on the site once they are closed. I can see trailers elsewhere and the thing that made IMDB special was sharing views and opinions of TV and films.

I of course am pissed at the trolls but I am also pissed at Amazon/IMDB. Many people still ignore the bs and have fun on here, so why give into the hate and shut it all down...

"The saddest thing in life is wasted talent." ~ A Bronx Tale (1993)

Re: I know, another post about the message board shutdown…

Most of the problems were over at the general boards. I have no problem with shutting those down.

It's the loss of these individual boards for movies/shows which is the tragedy.

Movies are IQ tests; the IMDB boards are how people broadcast their score.

Exactly. Not really a fan of Reddit so there's not many other places to chat about the stuff

It is really amazing to me though that there are so many super far right crazies on IMDB. Like I always thought a site devoted to the arts would bring in more like refined spiritually open types not the worst kind of like neo nazi trash

----------------------------------

So yeah, that's how I feel anyways

There are morons everywhere unfortunately. The people that enjoy the discussions are the ones that make the message boards so entertaining

There are crazies on both sides.
I think some of the reasons are because of verbal attacks.
Like if I give an opinion or truth, especially if it's something I have strong feelings for. I never curse, get off subject, verbally attack and make it personal by insulting or making fun of complete strangers.
But, I get replies from some people that just can't control their mouth, especially with the foul language. They try to put me down or say my opinion is stupid and their's is right. I just click the 'ignore' button.
But, there are many trolls that ruin it for the ones that keep it clean.
I'm sure there are other reasons why they are taking it down.

You are exactly what the problem is. I lean so far to the right that I almost tip over and yet I don't go trolling anything. I've seen far more hateful venom spewed by people on the left than I have any other political affiliation. Oh the irony....