Horror : I can no longer stand Jordan Peele's movie Get Out

I can no longer stand Jordan Peele's movie Get Out

I should have listened to Steve Lake when he was describing why the subject matter of the film was awful. I wanna add my own descriptions as well: insulting. The movie is an insult to our intelligence and it basically promotes black magic as being cool. I'm sure everyone would think twice about drinking tea and taking selfies.

Re: I can no longer stand Jordan Peele's movie Get Out

Movie sucked.

The film is definitely overrated. It was an okay film but people talked about it like it was the cure for cancer. I don't think it's a bad film however.

What part involves magic though? They seemed to use hypnosis and surgery to fulfill their scheme.

I didn't like the movie when I first saw it. I tried giving it a chance. I tried understanding critical praise, and I was able to at some point, but I have to admit that I don't like the movie at all and I felt guilty for having laughed at certain parts of the movie.

Of course voodoo is scary to the mainstream audiences for good reason too, and the way Jordan expressed that concept within the plot, was brilliant. The movie is especially scary if you've ever been the victim of black magic. It was such a brave thing for him to do. I think it an extremely unfortunate situation where audiences misunderstood the sheer horror of that religious practice and how it ruins the lives of everyone involved, and that's the most terrifying thing. I hope that explanation helps you.

It's easy for me to review his movie without ever having the experience, and education he has. If I were on his prestigious level as an actor/director/screenwriter/comic genius- I wouldn't have written or directed about that subject in the same way Jordan did. I would have insisted that some black actors replace some of the villains that were portrayed by white actors. That way people like Steve Lake wwouldn't accuse Jordan Peele of being racist towards white people.

I really wish I could work for Jordan Peele on one of his film projects or even TV, maybe a radio podcast. He's is like the most brilliant person of color in film history and I truly feel that way.

I found it pretty middling, certainly not worthy of the praise it received.. 'Us' I found to be completely awful and didn't bother finishing.