Amy Adams : I'm a little tired of her…

I'm a little tired of her…

Why is she in any big movie right now? I don't see the people she portrays anymore... I just see Amy Adams... She is a decent actor and stuff but she might need a little break from the spotlight... She is so overused and boring now...

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: I'm a little tired of her…

Than don`t watch her movies

This

Well, that is hard when she is in every blockbuster right now.

Post deleted

Not only, but often. :)

she has been in exactly one blockbuster: Man of Steel released a year ago. that hardly qualifies as her being in "every blockbuster right now."

"It's hard for me to watch American Idol because I have perfect pitch."
-Jenna, 30 Rock

Blockbuster List:
The Fighter (2010)
The Muppets (2011)
The Master (2012)
American Hustle (2013)
Man of Steel (2013)
Her (2013)
Big Eyes (2014)
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

That's only 7 movies in 5 years (not counting B vs S). They've all been well received movies though I guess the jury is still out in MoS.
To me the list speaks well of her acting talent and choice of projects. Nic Cage should have such problems.

. . . The Bones tell me nothing.

I wouldn't consider all of those blockbusters. Her and The Master were indie, art films. The Fighter and American Hustle, okay I guess they're blockbusters it's a stretch of the word. Muppets and MOS, fine.

She's a young talented pretty actress who gets consistent work in different films. most would consider that a good thing especially since she's over 35

"It's hard for me to watch American Idol because I have perfect pitch."
-Jenna, 30 Rock

Blockbuster List:
The Fighter (2010)
The Muppets (2011)
The Master (2012)
American Hustle (2013)
Man of Steel (2013)
Her (2013)
Big Eyes (2014)
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Are you aware of what a "blockbuster" is?

Man of Steel and Batman V Superman are really the only blockbusters you have listed, though I guess you could put The Muppets in that category as well.

Wow, I couldn't disagree more...liking or disliking an actor or actress is subjective and everyone is entitled to their opinion. But...a couple of things about your "list"...you have eight different films over a six year period and one hasn't even been released yet. Approximately 200-250 films receive a wide release through the studios in a given year, so if anything, I'd say Ms. Adams is way underused since she's only in 8 out of a possible 1,200 or more films during that time period....another thing is only 2 or 3 of these could really be considered "blockbusters". I also think she is generally considered the best actress working today by many of her peers. She is incredibly versatile, especially considering the range required for Doubt, The Master, The Fighter, Junebug, American Hustle, Enchanted, as films portraying vastly different characters. Another thing that speaks well for her is that I've seen several up and coming actresses say she was the actress that they most admired and felt inspired by...anyway, here's the point; it's one thing to express your opinion that you're tired of her, you think she is overused and boring. That's your perogative, but saying she is in every big movie or blockbuster hurts your credibility. Fans of Amy Adams certainly feel like she doesn't work enough while patiently and anxiously awaiting her next film. For me, she is the one actress that I will go to see a film just because she's in it. She is amazing; and can be equally effective as the femme fatale in "American Hustle" or the girl next door in "Her". You literally have hundreds of films to choose from that don't have Amy Adams in them, so take your pick of them. One other thing, the movies you mentioned have vastly different appeal, so I highly doubt you would have gone to see all of these films: The Muppets, The Master, Her, and Big Eyes, if only Amy wouldn't have been in them.

You sure you're not confusing her for Jennifer Lawrence? ;-)

Robert
----------------------
I have a Tivo and know how to use it!

Hey Einstein……try using proper grammar before you go calling a fellow poster an idiot!

Haha, nice comeback

Must have taken a lot of effort for you to say that. Hope you feel better soon.

You've done some bad things, sweetie.

I just wanted to see if someone on this website shared my oppinion, I guess I was mistaken.

You are not mistaken. It's just that apparently our society has no tolerance for people who don't adore every actress who is popular. I personally do not care much for Ms. Adams partially because I'm sick of seeing her cast in every damn major film Hollywood has made in the last few years. You are not alone.

Amy Adams is excellent in every part she plays. Your claim of overexposure merely reflects that she gets parts, because people who make films know she will do the job they want of her and more.

If you don't like seeing so much of her, then don't go to movies she is in. Sounds rather obvious.

I personally do not care much for Ms. Adams partially because I'm sick of seeing her cast in every damn major film Hollywood has made in the last few years

Sigh. Perhaps you're overstating it just a little?

Would you like me to give you a list of the blockbuster movies she hasn't been in the last few years? Here's a hint. It would be a really long list.

This is true of just about any movie star. The A-listers get cast for name and face recognition. They play the same character (or a slight variation thereof) in every film.

If she takes a break from the spotlight her career will most likely end. When celebrities take a break or start turning down major roles, the roles dry up.

By all means, Amy Adams should definitely sabotage her career because you find her to be overused.

Post deleted

I think the exact same thing of Zoe Saldana. That woman annoys the hell out of me. She's an average actress, and yet she's in Star Trek, Avatar, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Losers, etc? How many franchises does she have to be in? She's not even that good. I do love Amy Adams though. But I feel you.

You heart me? What is that? Is that like I love you for pussies?

How can you call Big Eyes a blockbuster when it hasn't even come out yet? Batman V Superman I'll give you. That's a given

I don't expect you to like Amy. I don't understand why people act as if its not possible to avoid actors and actresses you don't enjoy. There are actresses and actors I don't enjoy. I don't pay attention to them or watch their movies so I don't have a chance to be tired of them.

Being a big fan of Ms. Adams, I do understand there are such things as differences of opinion. But I do try hard and listen for the substance of complaints about her, and can't seem to ascertain any. the critics tend to merely say they don't like her without saying why.

I think she combines an appearance somewhat more glamourous than the girl next door look, but not wholly devoid of that look, with an intelligence and great emotional range. She can play tough or vulnerable, often in the same film. While she does not look like either, she reminds me of some of the great stars of the past in that regard, like Joan Fontaine or Lauren Bacall. Not as challenging perhaps as Ms. Bacall - perhaps the Joan Fontaine comparison holds up better.

SO what's not to like about her?

Thank you!!! No range whatsover. A good actor/actress makes you forget who you are watching. All I see is Amy Adams in everything! And he 'try to be sexy snarl scene' in American Hustle made me cringe..

She's only in so many movies because she's a great actress and she can pretty much do whatever she wants. She can sing, she can do drama, and she can do comedy. I mean if you really have a problem with her I would say stop watching her movies. I'm a huge fan of hers but that's because she's a great actress and she's hot. The way I see it regardless of how you feel about her; she isn't going away anytime soon. So either stop seeing her movies or just suck it up, because she's going to be in more Oscar Nominated films and anything related to Man of Steel and DC.

I keep mistaking her for Kirstin Wiig.

Yeah 1c84 she's kind of everywhere lately...

I've been feeling this way for like 5 years. She is the most unexceptional/unexciting actress to reach the A-list in recent memory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opcKTe7ePgk

Post deleted

Post deleted

I think Amy Adams is a great actress. She's beautiful, talented and can act.

I agree but I am not tired of her, it's more that she seems to be in everything anymore and it may be a case of over saturation.

I'm not sure why people responded rudely to your comments. Any good actor/actress in just about everything may be a little too much no matter who it is.

I agree with those who note that it's not like there will be great roles for Amy Adams in say another 15 years. She's probably past the halfway point in terms of optimal age for Hollywood parts for a woman. So she must be working as hard as she can and as often as she can. I don't blame her at all.

Yea I agree. She can't act and she's so old she should not have been made Lois Lane. I don't get it.

Can't act? Seriously? Maybe you just have no sense of things. Um, I think 5 Oscar noms qualifies her as a great actress... same number as Susan Sarandon, Audrey Hepburn, Shirley McClain, Cate Blanchett, Liz Taylor, Ann Bancroft and Olivia de Havilland. Only 1 behind Glenn Close, Cate Winslet, Sissy Spacek, Vanessa Redgrave, Judi Dench and Jessica Lange. She also has 67 various critics awards nominations (which she won 25), 6 Golden Globe nominations (won 2) and 8 Critics Choice Awards (won 4). I'd say that puts her in pretty good company and qualifiers her as one of the best (ever). Just sayin'.

You're probably right. I was harsh. I was very miffed about her being cast as Lois Lane. She's too old and she is no Margot Kidder. I can't see her as an aggressive person who doesn't care about getting herself into trouble even if it may still more than 1/2 the time. It's true anyone who gets nominated for an Oscar alone has proven they can act, BUT it doesn't mean all roles they're chosen for were perfect for them either. Now IM just satin....

It's okay, dude. You get to have an opinion too.
I agree with you. I'm wondering what the deal is with her lately. It seems like she won some debate and now we have to like her or we're being sexist or something. I don't get it.

If she farted in bed I would not chuck her out.

I think she's heard OP. She hasn't been in a single movie in 2015.

Post deleted

One thing that will never happen, me getting tired of watching Amy Adams on Screen.

Libera te tu temet ex inferis.
pro ego sum diabolus, pro ego sum nex.

So true, she's one actress along with Sandra Bullock that I truly enjoy her performances😀 and watching her movies. 😎

"Young White Blonde Tall European Green eye Girl born in the US that Loves Movies"

yeah my signature LOL

I think she's an amazing actress. She's older and wiser, she isn't a Jennifer Lawrence who became super stardom from a teen novel.

State champ in martial arts, trained with firearms, I eFF'n dare you!

Yeah she turns up quite a bit and especially this year. She has that Sam Jackson syndrome where she just seems to be in every movie that comes out. The difference with Sammy is that he doesn't look like a deer in headlights for half the movie.
Ofc I'm overstating this, and I can't wait for some white knight to jump on me to defend her.

She sucks balls. No talent, no charisma, no wit, no charm, no acting ability. Only appears in bull *beep* Hollwood assmaster movies.

I think she's getting type cast.

I just saw Arrival and she was the same as in American Hustle. She has this look on her face like I'd keep asking her if she was alright, want to give her a hug, or buy her an ice cream. She plays these quietly disturbed girls and it's all about her facial expression.

I assume she is getting offered these parts and it's limiting her acting range.

She could give a *beep* what you all think of her. She is just doing her thing.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfQ-w3gbLas