Computers and Software : How does a vpn keep you safe when using torrents?

How does a vpn keep you safe when using torrents?

Protect your privacy! Use a VPN When Downloading Torrents
Your country is N/A. Your IP Address is *** *** ** **
Your Internet Provider is tracking your torrent activity! Hide your IP ADDRESS with a VPN!
We strongly recommend using NORD VPN to anonymize your torrenting.

Re: How does a vpn keep you safe when using torrents?

It encrypts your data to and from a different location thereby rendering tracking you much more difficult (But not impossible).

I use them often while working as I don't often want ISPs seeing what I'm sending and to whom but trusting the right VPN provider takes as much effort as deciding to use one in the first place.

I'd recommend shadowsocks for full control over your own data

LOL. 🤡🌎

Is utorrent still a good app, havent downloaded since 2009 or 2011

I'd recommend qbittorrent instead. It has zero bloatware and is faster at retrieving files too (And it's opensource!).

LOL. 🤡🌎

VPN masks your IP address. VPN creates a virtual network that masks your IP address, and creates a different IP address used within the encryption. Providing you with anonymity when surfing and or downloading using torrents.

I love movies!

Cheers dude

LOL. 🤡🌎

Idk. I'm hardcore and just straight up used to download. Never once got a letter. They don't really give a shit about what you're downloading, it's the uploading that's the problem.

Lmao 🙄

Avoid the Disney Company and Searchlight Pictures, which they own - they will take action most of the time.

And you're taking a gamble with anything from -

CBS All Access
FX

And Paramount (usually if it's a recent release)

Anything else, you probably can get away with downloading/uploading.

Too Hot To Handle…irl

Some ISPs will phone you up if they see you're creating a lot of traffic by torrenting. That happened when I was using a relative's internet; the support guy who phoned was surprisingly helpful and explained how to set the bandwidth limits on a torrent client.

These days I mostly use a debrid or "premiumizing" service that as a bonus runs torrents on their own servers then gives me a download link. Sometimes they've already torrented stuff for other people and the download is ready instantly. Only drawback is they don't offer to split files into multipart rars, so now my friend is trying to download a 66 gigabyte file that I torrented for him. And they won't run a torrent for weeks or months, which I sometimes had to do for poorly seeded files in the past.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.