The Sandbox : How did you discover imdb forums/filmboards?

How did you discover imdb forums/filmboards?

That's if you can recall. I can't for the life of me how I encountered the imdb forums. I guess I discovered filmboards by looking for the imdb forums.

https://mightdeletelater.freeforums.net/

Re: How did you discover imdb forums/filmboards?

When I visited the site to find some information about a particular film, I noticed there were message boards where people were having discussions about it.

I honestly don't know how else you would discover them, you fucking idiot.

My password is password

I was looking for an explanation to a movie. I googled what was such and such movie about. IMDb was listed in the search results.

It was a huge accident.

Love Guru.Doctorate in the kumasutra.Zen Master

did you post on imdb?

My password is password

Very briefly towards the end of it. I think Nzer drew me here, that's right everyone, blame her lol.😅😅

Durrrrr

Are you some kind of retard? I found Filmboards the same way everybody else did:

That dude looks a lot like nimda.

Late 90's for imdb but I never used the forums much until Lost and Battlestar Galactica were on tv.

2017 for Filmboards, Snow sent me the link and I followed Syeds blood trail here to finish him off when he fled here after the severe beatdown I gave him on TMDb.

until Lost and Battlestar Galactica were on tv.

do you remember between season 1 - 2 everybody was speculating like fuck about what could be down the hatch? a few months before season 2, some dude came out and said pretty much exactly what it was, a Scottish dude names Desmond who is pushing a button to stop blowing the world up. Nobody believed him because of how strange it sounded and it turned out to be true lol.

That was 15+ years ago, so no, I do not remember it.

Screencaps of beatdown or your lying again gramps!

My password is password

It's all in nimda's very own History of Filmboards writeup which he posted a few years ago and set the stage for what was to come in the early days of this site. It all began with Syed flying back to Filmboards, or whatever it was called back then, in literal tears.

Try not to shit yourself, retard.

FM and others promoted imdb1 before the IMdb ship sunk.

I was there for a long time, then kept hearing about V2 and Exile. Haven't posted on those in forever. Especially V2 that bans everyone.

I kept hearing about film boards so I decided to join last year. Glad I did because it's faster pace. Also a member of a couple of side boards too but probably can't join anymore.

My favorite sideboards are EbonysBoyfriendtalk and ChristinasViolinlair.

I catfish in person.

Green bunny linked me to Monkey's before the boards closed. Joined here in 2018 since it was talked about on the other places.

No, I'm from Ohio. I only work in outer space…

I found them when watching The Shield back in the day, but quickly moved to other forums for that show. Later on, I kind of rediscovered the IMDB boards and got sucked in.

I really got into it during a battle with Mootown on the Evil Dead board around 2012 or so. We later became board allies. Then I got sucked into the GOT and Star Wars boards and it all went to shit.

I found out about v2 first. I found out about this place from v2….

I'm the nicest guy around.

Darth Tykohns takeover of the Star Wars board was classic shit!

That was pretty funny.

I wanted to talk about the Walking Dead, I found IMDB. Imagine my surprise when I tried to do that as a serious poster I found this site when Ash told me about it!

Found the main page in 99 when I used to surf the Nightmare on Elm Street web rings. One brought me to a link to an imdb page. Started reading the boards in 2001, but didn't post until 2003 on the Freddy Vs. Jason board. Back then, shit was a lot less toxic. The cunty posters were pariahs and we all became friends.

Went offline for a few years because my social life became super active, and started posting on a bunch of shit as well as Soapbox in 06. Place started stressing me out, so I left for years until around 2010. That's when I became infamous.

🌈 ☭ ⸸ 🇵🇸 ⚜ Ⓐ ✊🏿

I had no idea people were on IMDb way back then. I feel like I'm excluded or something. Back in 2003 I was practically married and hanging out at online game chat rooms.

Imdb goes back to the early 90's I think. I remember at least one user who was there back in the day.

But yeah, I miss those days of a bunch of movie fans just being friendly.

🌈 ☭ ⸸ 🇵🇸 ⚜ Ⓐ ✊🏿

But yeah, I miss those days of a bunch of movie fans just being friendly.

Yeah. I wonder why that all changed?

I think it's because younger people started going there more as more and more people got the internet and became internet savvy. I know trolling was always worse during the summer and holidays. I also don't think the site owner gave a shit about the messageboards, and they slowly got out of hand.

Back to the younger users thing; I know back then, there were mostly adults. Me and this other guy in 2003 were the only 15 and 16 year olds with mostly people over 18 on that board. In 06, I noticed a lot more people my age and younger.

🌈 ☭ ⸸ 🇵🇸 ⚜ Ⓐ ✊🏿

So this each generation of Internet savvy people become ruder and meaner? Lol

By being a transvestite.

Found IMDB King Kong 2005 forum when it came out and that board was pretty active right after the film came out. I then found the Actors & Actresses, Watercooler, Sandbox and then the Soapbox shortly thereafter. I also started posting on the LOST IMDB board around 2006/2007 which at times was busier than the Soapbox.

When IMDB closed I went to V2. I think Nimda sent a PM to me (and others) on V2 inviting us here, but didn't join at the time. When Carter banned a group of us I started my own board so the small group of friends I had could post somewhere. Then eventually came here when I noticed it was a lot more active.

Panther, do you still have your forum?

Nah it's pretty much a tumbleweed now.

Sorry about that. Must be disappointing.

Do you think nimda appreciates his members as much as his members appreciate him?

Thank you. Regarding Nimda, I have no idea. I think this is a question to address Twizlee, not me.

Why would you pass along a personal question meant for you to Twizlee? I'm asking your opinion. It's like this, everyone has built a forum as an alternative to filmboards. None have been as successful as filmboards. We all keep returning to filmboards. Even the pariah's return. Fugazi is back after basically getting ran off from filmboards a couple of years ago.

My theory is this…

It must be cause we all like nimda. It's nimda that we are attracted to. His zodiac is Aries. Aries are the first zodiac in astrology. That's the reason people gravitate and fall in line behind the Aries.

Sometimes I feel like he just doesn't appreciate his members as much as we appreciate him. Aries can be a bit selfish.

Well because Twizlee is the closest to him and I believe they are either married or live together? She would know his best interest better than any of us. Except maybe this mysterious brother of his everyone talks about, but we never see….

If you are asking my opinion, I think there are quite a few things that could be done to improve this site and that there needs to be stricter rules. It seems some members are banned for doing practically nothing and others (that should have been banned a long time ago), are able to remain. Although I don't know the history on everyone, except what I have heard through the grapevine. I don't believe that users should be allowed multiple accounts for one. But I can guarantee that is not going to change.

Bottom line: I think Nimda likes what ever makes the board more active and going, despite what harm or annoyance it may cause other members.

Yeah yeah yeah but you are avoiding my question. Why are you avoiding my question? I asked you a direct question, Panther. The very least you can do is be respectful. So now I'm going to ask you another direct question.

Are you going to answer the question about if you think nimda appreciates his members as much as his members appreciate him? Notice how I used the plural form of the word "member". So Twitlee as an example is irrelevant.

I actually did answer that question. This is what I said:

Bottom line: I think Nimda likes what ever makes the board more active and going, despite what harm or annoyance it may cause other members.

Do I think he appreciates some members? Probably. But I think he views most of us as replaceable.

I actually did answer that question. This is what I said:

Do I think he appreciates some members? Probably. But I think he views most of us as replaceable.

Oh you edited. Okay fair enough. I think he views us as replaceable also. He's allowed many impersonators to play us like we are all characters in a universe meant for reboots and remakes.

Apparently the brother is a recluse in lives in the attic.

My password is password.

nimdas brother still posts here as lukejbarnett

Well because Twizlee is the closest to him and I believe they are either married or live together?

@twizlee

Dafuq lol

🙂

I was actually invited here (I got the invitation in a PM to me back when I was on IMDB2, an invitation which I actually still to this day very much appreciate).

Google!

A friend of mine told me about both.

Fred Wood is everywhere.

http://movie-dude.com/Fred%20Woods.htm