The Omen : How can Damien grow up to be President?

How can Damien grow up to be President?

If he was born in Rome.

The ending of the first movie ... and even the sequels to a certain degree implied that his ambitions were to be President.

Re: How can Damien grow up to be President?

Much the same way Obama did. Yea I went there lol

Unlike Obama, Damien's place of birth records weren't sealed. :)

To be honest I believe he was born in Hawaii but I don't like that he got all his college transcripts sealed.

and obama being the antichrist isnt that farfetched either lol could this film have predicted the future

Obama being the antichrist is pretty far fetched....especially since his term is almost over.

Obama being the antichrist is pretty far fetched....especially since his term is almost over.

Well, if his inaction and appeasement policies allow the Islamic regime in Iran to develop atomic weaponry, which subsequently plunges the world into nuclear war and allows Islamic radicalism to envelope the world, then yes, he was basically the antichrist. Not too far off I fear.

Well its December 2016 and that didn't happen...but hey we have a new contender for the Anti Christ...did any book mention orange as being the color of the beast.

He was an American citizen at birth, which would still make him eligible to become President.

According to the Constitution, a person can only be eligible for President if he is a "natural born" citizen of the United States, which court cases have determined means born on "incorporated territory" of the U.S., which Rome most definitely is not. Even if he had been born on the U.S. embassy grounds, he would not be eligible. The embassy is technically a U.S. possession, but it is not "incorporated" into the U.S.

That's why there was so much blather over whether Obama and McCain were eligible to run, since Obama was rumored to be have been born in Kenya, and McCain was born in the Panama Canal zone. Even though Obama's mother was a U.S. citizen, and both of McCain's parents were, that wouldn't matter if they were born on overseas territory. Obama managed to produce a Hawaiian birth certificate, and Congress passed a statute stating retroactively that McCain was a natural-born citizen, though some people believe that statute would have been deemed unconstitutional if it had been challenged.

Whilst President Obama was born in Hawaii; Damien, like John McCain (born in Panama); George Romney (born in Mexico); and Ted Cruz (born in Canada) can't be president under the Constitution. However when its one of theirs, Republicans always ignore that rule, as in the three I mentioned. So Damien could have run as a Republican. Tea Partier, no doubt.

At least there will be plenty implied.

Well said!!! Thank you!!!

He has the money. He is a major shareholder of Thorn Industries and is buddies with the Koch Brothers, Mitt Romney, Donald Trump and Sheldon Adelson. People with the money controlls the elections. In today's politics and elections the new slogan is "It's the money stupid".

He was an American citizen at birth, which would still make him eligible to become President.

I'm almost certain that a person has to be an American citizen born on American soil.

His parents were American citizens. That makes him American. The only country that lets children of foreign parents become instant American citizens is the United States. Possibly Damien would have had dual citizenship but he was American first.

Rescue the damsel in distress, whip the bad guy, save the world.

His parents were American citizens. That makes him American.

Exactly. I can't believe anyone would even debate this.

- - - - - - -
I am not a fan. I just happen to enjoy movies. Fans are embarrassing.

In The Final Conflict Damien mentioned that he intended to run for the senate. He would certainly be eligible for that. Even if he isn't eligible to become a U.S. president, would it really be necessary for him to be president anyway? Here's that verse again:

"From the eternal sea he rises, creating armies on either shore, turning man against his brother, 'til man exists no more."
He could still use his powers to manipulate and influence the president, or any other world leader. The Antichrist's mission is to cause trouble, but he wouldn't need to be president himself.

Speaking of this, I noticed that I happened to watch this movie today (Election Day) by coincidence. I didn't even plan it out that way. I hope it isn't a sign of anything.

He changed his name to Donald Trump after eventually moving to America.

Woody Anders is the birthday man/ Hey Laddy Laddy La / He does it because it's his jam/ Hey Laddy Laddy Lo

That was Biff Tannent

You can't top the Pop

Hey Diddler, Diddler….the cat and the fiddler LOL

"Thus, it is not surprising that when Congress enacted the first U.S. naturalization law in 1790, that law declared that “the children of citizens of the United States, that may be born beyond the sea, or out of the limits of the United States, shall be considered as natural born citizens.”