I Need To Know : Hollywood Sign in Movie

Hollywood Sign in Movie

Mid 1950's movie, might have been film noir. I'm sure it was a detective/crime film. In one scene the characters meet someone (caretaker?) who lives in a cabin at the base of the Hollywood sign.

That's all I remember.

Ring any bells, anyone?

And This, Too, Shall Pass Away

Hollywood Sign in Movie (Spoiler Alert if you have not seen Bojack Horseman)

Down Three Dark Streets - 1954 perhaps?

BTW, in an episode of Bojack Horseman, Bojack arranges to steals the "D" from the sign to give to Diane. For most of the rest of the series, they keep referring to the town as "Hollywoo".

But in true Bojack Horseman fashion, Mr. Peanut Butter admits to doing it for Diane, and thus receives all the credit for his great "romantic gesture", much to the ire of Mr. Horseman

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🐱

Dunno.

Thanx.

I'll check it out.

With help from internet sources, I've been able identify almost all of the barely remembered movies I saw as a kid. This one still eludes me.

You're welcome, and good luck. I know that can be frustrating.

Good Fortune! I found a copy on Youtube.

Disappointment! Looked promising but there was no scene with a cabin at the base of the Hollywood sign. Memory is obviously faulty, looking back 66 years, but I'm still sure about the cabin and the guy that lived in it.

I've been able to track down several faintly remembered films: Johnny, The Giant Killer, Ambush At Tomahawk Gap, Target Hong Kong and a few others.

The list is slowly dwindling. I'll catch up to this one some day.

Sorry to hear that.

I have my own "white whale". It's a B&W movie or TV show from the 40's or 50's. At the end, the main characters think that the evil murderer (or murderess) is dead, but then you see outside an ominous shadow moving over a nighttime landscape to eerie music. It still sends shivers down my spine.

Lots of folks on two boards have made suggestions, but so far no luck.