Imogen Poots : Funny last name

Funny last name

I've seen her movies and think that she really is a solid actress, but can we all agree she has the most hilarious last name?

Re: Funny last name

Funny last name

Said no one ever.

Really? Said no one ever? I realize it's immature, but I couldn't help but think, when I saw her name, "What an unfortunate name." Idk how you can not think it. Seriously, if that were my last name, I would change it.

Fiction is a lie, and good fiction is the truth inside the lie.--Stephen King

She has an "unfortunate" name yet she is far more famous and accomplished than you will ever be. How unfortunate for you.

Whoa, calm down. You aren't related to her, are you? I don't know why else you would be so defensive. Don't take things so seriously. I didn't say anything about her talent or accomplishments. And in that vein, you don't know me or anything about me or my accomplishments.

Fiction is a lie, and good fiction is the truth inside the lie.--Stephen King

Nah, he's right. She does have a funny-sounding last name. No need to soil yourself in rage over it, though.

I don't like the way blood money spends.

Do you have some serious reading comprehension problems or something? No one here is criticising her as an actress or a humanbeing or even trying to be mean about the name.

The thread is what it is, and as it is, it's nothing that serious :D
No need to try-hard it into a full blown internet argument like 80% of imdb threads seem to end up these days :D

Aw, the lame-ass appeal to success/popularity argument. Only the truly inept resort to this fallacy.

Her name sounds like someone has simultaneously pooped and tooted out their corn chute. I love it.

Aww the lame- ass appeal to pseudoscience argument. Only the truly inept resort to this fallacy.

Her name sounds like someone who has had more success in life than you ever will.

Wow, you're so stupid...

..Worst Name For An Actress EVER.

If it's not funny, then you should change your name to that. Go ahead. We'll wait.

Said many people... it is a hilarious last name.

Yep.

When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives.

Imogen Poots......"does she?"

I take it that she is very secure with her names, first and last. Otherwise, she would at least have a stage name being an actress. So if she's ok with her last name being named after a bodily function, I guess we can just laugh and move on. excuse me I just did her last💩 name. :(

She's British not American, and in Britain "poots" isn't a bodily function and is meaningless.

Really? I'm Finnish and no idea where I've heard the "meaning" for it from, but to me it sounds specifically something that a British person would use.

"Did you just poot you cheeky bastard?" :)

But good to know I suppose.

Last names do usually originate from some form of meaning - but .. yeah, I doubt said last name has originated from what "we" are talking about :D

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

She's British not American, and in Britain "poots" isn't a bodily function and is meaningless.
Why are you assuming it's an American person? Secondly in America it does not mean that. I never even heard of "poots" before her. It sounds awful though anyway.

In America Poot=Fart, which is why this thread even exists in the first place. Being that American and British cinema are closely tied, she may come to have a problem with it if her career advances here in the States. I definitely would. The entire reason why I'm even typing this is because of the horrid last name that caused me to wonder if anyone had brought it up on IMDb.

Well now I know.

Ranks right up there with Alison Doody.

If they met up, I wonder if they'd have crap chemistry.. :I

Doody LOL

Nothing like a nighttime stroll to give you ideas.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Sweet Jesus!

And if they both happened to be lesbians, met each other, fell in love and decided to get married and hyphenate their last names, they would become Alison and Imogen Doody-Poots.

Funny first name too.

My first reaction to someone saying "Imogen Poots"…

... was "Doesn't everyone?"

Plus her IMDB profile pic has a certain "I just pooted" satisfaction to it.

That said she is a very pretty and talented actor.

At least she doesn't have it as bad as my friend Patty Sharts...

Re: My first reaction to someone saying "Imogen Poots"…

Your friend Patty Sharts should go out with my mate Ruben McCrotch

Some people like poots. Its's true.

It's not just a name, it's a sentence!

"I like that actress, Imogen... what's her last name?"

"Imogen Poots."

"So what if she does, I still want to know her last name."

The OP brings up a valid point. Maurice Micklewhite doesn't have the same ring as Michael Caine, does it? Maurice knew it, hence his chosen stage name is Michael Caine.
Same goes for Marion Morrison, who chose John Wayne as his stage name....