James Bond : Dr. No vs. Goldfinger

Dr. No vs. Goldfinger

After watching the Connery Bond's again recently, since Connery pased away (may he RIP), I would say that these two are his best ones in my opinion. But it's hard for me to say which is better.

What do you think?

Re: Dr. No vs. Goldfinger

I prefer Dr No out of those two, but From Russia With Love is his best….

I am a dick. I've always been a dick.

Oh okay. I saw FRWL again and would probably put it at 3rd.

Dr. No is best as it is the original but they are both the best Connery Bond movies

LOL. 🤡🌎

Goldfinger!

Goldfinger is the best Bond film by far imho!

Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 😼

Dr. No feels half baked compared to later Bond movies.

I can see how Dr. No feels more half baked in plot, but I feel Bond is a deeper character in it compared to other Connery ones though, it it shows his dark side the most, compared to other Connery ones.

Goldfinger is the gold standard for which all the other James Bond movies are to be judged by.

But Goldfinger feels like such a jack of all trades, master of none, or just feels vanilla to me. Why is it the gold standard, when I think that a lot of the ones that have come since, have superceded it, I would say?

Superceded it how?

By the Box Office take? That means nothing, as all the movies have evolved over the years with huger populations, wider distributions, and higher prices.

If you look at the top 100 box office movies all-time, none of them will be from the 1960s.

Oh i just mean superceded it in quality or so I thought.

A lot??!!

There's no way Goldfinger wouldn't finish in the top 2 or 3 Bond movies all time in any polling. And I suspect it would be no. 1 all time.

Goldfinger, as the series was coming into its own at that stage

Goldfinger