Predator 2 : Poll: Do you Like the 1990 Movie "PREDATOR 2" ?

Do you Like the 1990 Movie "PREDATOR 2" ?

Do you yourself Like the 1990 Movie "PREDATOR 2" ?

Yes
0% 0 votes
No
0% 0 votes
I Don't Know
0% 0 votes
I Have Never Seen it
0% 0 votes

Re: Do you Like the 1990 Movie "PREDATOR 2" ?

Sure do. It's a lot of trashy and gory fun.

You've seen Guy Standeven in something since the man was in everything.

http://movie-dude.com/Guy%20Standeven.htm

My own Answer is "Yes".

yes. i watch it like 3 times a year.

men are men and women are women.

It's average.

Gory, violent, and great!

The first 2 Predator movies are classics. Everything they've done with the creature since then has ranged from average to terrible.

"Everything they've done with the creature since then has ranged from average to terrible."

————————-

I actually liked "PREDATORS".

It felt like a repeat of the first film, just with the twist of it being on an alien planet and with multiple Predators. I didn't like the new creature designs. I did like the characters though. It's much better than the newest Predator movie and AvP2, but about equal to the first AvP movie.

I agree and out of all the Predator movies I have seen that is the only one I liked and tolerated.

We needed a sequel to that one so bad to see what happens next and if they found a way to return home.

I admit that I made up bullshit about you WarrenPeace and I am sorry. - Friendo in a PM to me.

Norman! What did you put in my tea?

Yes, but the casting is off and part of the reason for its failure.

Glover would have been fine as support to a bigger action star name. Someone like Van-Damme, Segal or Stallone would have worked fine if Schwarzenegger didn't want to do it.

Perhaps that's why it wasn't as successful, but personally I think Glover was a great lead for the film. I couldn't picture Van-Damme or Segal in the role. Maybe Stallone, but I think Glover is a better actor than all 3 and was probably selected due to the success of the Lethal Weapon films. He somewhat grounds the film's cheesier moments to make for a more balanced tone. The actors you chose would skyrocket the cheesiness.

Some of that cheesiness was inherent in the first, but remember too, that Glover also had Gibson to rebound off in LW movies.

Predator was an action star vehicle, they couldn't really plug the second like this and it wasn't marquee light-up. Peeps would have gone meh! Arnie's, not in it.

Predator was an action star vehicle, they couldn't really plug the second like this and it wasn't marquee light-up. Peeps would have gone meh! Arnie's, not in it.

I can definitely see how that would be the case. My experience was different though. I first saw these movies in the late 2000s or very early 2010s and I've always thought the appeal of the films were the creature designs and suspense. I never really cared who starred as the lead role as long as they were somewhat believable and memorable. Schwarzenegger is believable as a military survivalist type, and Glover is believable as a grumpy, aging, cop who plays by his own rules. Maybe I'm looking at it through the lens of nostalgia, but I still think the movie is exactly what it should have been.

Was just reading in triva section of IMDB, that Patrick Swayze was attached but couldn't do it because of an injury and the studio pushed for Segal, but the director declined. Big mistake! Glover could have still been on board.

I've never been able to take Steven Segal seriously. Patrick Swayze could have worked, but I don't picture him as being able to stand up to the Predator creature. Glover may not have the body-builder look like Schwarzenegger, but he has a lot of experience as a cop and has a rough around the edges personality. Swayze seems more like the "pretty-boy" type that would appear in a romance film.

No.
Too violent and stupid.

I admit that I made up bullshit about you WarrenPeace and I am sorry. - Friendo in a PM to me.

Did you vote in My Poll above ?