The Mandalorian : Disney Fans are asking Disney to Fire Gina Carano (on social media)

Disney Fans are asking Disney to Fire Gina Carano (on social media)

Gina carano is an actress on the Mandalorian. Basically sheโ€™s a conservative and believes in all the election fraud accusations Trumpโ€™s team have made. Sheโ€™s also mocked the use of certain pronouns among trans/ gender nonbinary people, mocked mask use and expressed disdain for Black Lives Matter.

Hereโ€™s my opinion on it : she shouldnโ€™t be fired for having these opinions or her posts as long as she isnโ€™t inciting any violence or abuse against others on the platform. Other than that, her whining about the elections and pronouns in social media profile bios hurts nobody except maybe her reputation among Mandalorian fans.

Disney also should not cave to any kind of pressure to get rid of her over optics because from what Iโ€™ve read she hasnโ€™t said anything that really meets a threshold for hate speech. If this situation starts to blow up and she gets them too much negative attention, they may just cut their loses and replace her.

"You had me at Elk Tartare"
-Erin Wotherspoon

Re: Disney Fans are asking Disney to Fire Gina Carano (on social media)

god i hate her and i hope i won't have to see her ever again be it next season of Mandalolarian or any other role. i hope she gets cancelled in the business. dumb bitch.

suck it.

Apparently they had a spin off planned for her they may get scrapped over all this controversy. Sheโ€™s a shitty person and a bully.

-Erin Wotherspoon

Kindly kill yourself.

I don't agree with her positions, but who cares? Does every actor have to have the same beliefs as we do before we watch them?

Itโ€™s not really her views that matter. Itโ€™s the fact that eventually Disney wonโ€™t want to risk losing viewership over her internet arguments with fans. Itโ€™s bringing too much negative attention.

-Erin Wotherspoon

Itโ€™s the fact that eventually Disney wonโ€™t want to risk losing viewership over her internet arguments with fans.

Seriously?? Jeez, people can be real babies. But then I remember that we're talking about Star Wars here. And what kind of fans constitute Star Wars' fanbase in a considerably big part: toxic and annoying fanboys.

"You're a disease, and I'm the cure!" - Marion "Cobra" Cobretti

How about the fact Disney used to be a company dedicated to American values and families. Why don't you all start worrying about the 120 million of us who are tired of gay power bottoms and trannies pushed down our throats.

Do you know why the new Star Wars trilogy bombed and only made half of what they expected to make ?

Simple answer: Us
We are tired of this lunatic fringe dictating what is appropriate. Those weirdos that represent a tiny minuscule didn't make Disney into the powerhouse company that they are.

No, American families who believe in a Christian God. And love the Military and the flag. And respect the office of the Presidency and also all law enforcement. We made Disney that money. So fuck That terrorist organization BLM and take your pronouns and shove them up your gapping rectum.

Well said, Laban! If you disagree with the Left, they try to silence and then destroy you!

I'm also sick of it! Let's hope Disney has the balls to tell the SJW Fascists to pound sand!

๐Ÿ˜บ Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. ๐Ÿ˜  Let's go, Brandon!

Somebodyโ€™s triggered Trump lost. Lmao . You ok , Snowflake?

You do realize I donโ€™t want her to get fired right? I literally said that in the post you didnโ€™t read above ^^^^^

Also, conservatives donโ€™t love the military. You overwhelmingly voted for a person who called them suckers and losers and called their mailed ballots fraudulent. So you can kindly fuck yourself with a spiked dildo.

-Erin Wotherspoon

Seriously? Man, how can will this "cancel culture" go?

And I do think that this whining about "election fraud" coming from Trump is totally ridiculous, has no real basis and is, overall, huge bullshit. It's simply Trump not accepting his defeat.

Anyways, that doesn't mean that people can't have different opinions/theories. People should also have the right to express opinions which aren't meant to be harmful or insulting to anyone. As long as a person don't directly hurt anyone, it isn't to become a threat for his/her career.

Yeah, okay, she might want to apologize for those remarks concerning "trans pronouns". Also, this protest against "mask wearing" is completely dumb and uniformed, not forgetting that it's childish whining imo. But, she is far from being alone in this stupidly and, despite the fact that it could be dangerous if everyone stopped wearing masks, it's not "insulting" in any way.

Furthermore, how many celebrities are complete nut-cases or dumbwits? Her job is to play a character, and that's all that is supposed to matter to people who don't know her personally. Trying to cancel her is quite extreme.

Honestly, people care too much about other people's businesses and opinions.

"You're a disease, and I'm the cure!" - Marion "Cobra" Cobretti

Well said, Rod! If you disagree with the Left, they not only want to silence you, they want to destroy you. They're a bunch of Fascists!

๐Ÿ˜บ Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. ๐Ÿ˜  Let's go, Brandon!

Iโ€™m a fan. I donโ€™t want her fired. Sheโ€™s good in the role, and thatโ€™s all I care about.

Grade "A" Fully Loaded
"Sexy as Hell"

I don't believe in firing people for political affiliations or political views- outside of the narrow exceptions listed in the OP. When it comes to non-celebrities working regular jobs I think it would show a lack of class solidarity for me to do so.

However- I believe an actor using the platform provided by being on a really popular show to spread dangerous misinformation during a pandemic/national emergency may perhaps legitimately fall foul of morality clauses in some Hollywood contracts.

I do think things like the Chris Pratt situation with people freaking out that maybe ONE prominent contemporary actor might be somewhat conservative is silly and reflects the worst of modern liberalism. I see and agree with the point that Pratt's Marvel co-stars should have been as defensive of the likes of Brie Larson who came up in for much worse abuse- totally… but regardless.

It's interesting to note how many iconic Old Hollywood stars were conservatives/Republicans and how popular culture use to be one thing left and right shared in common. I'd be interested to research more about how Hollywood became an entirely liberal entertity. I don't think the extent of the close ties Hollywood has to the DNC is good for Hollywood, the Democrats or the country - though I believe many actors are very sincere in their views. I believe the shift to "liberal Hollywood" probably began as a product of living thought McCarthyism and the black list.. so Republicans really may have done this to themselves… and it doesn't help when an actor like James Woods is a conservative and the special snowflake energy is so big it becomes the ONLY aspect of their entire personality!

Also being conservative doesn't mean you need to rag on minorities, it's really not so hard not to do that.
โ–ฒ Top