Princess Diana : Did she cheat on Prince Charles?

Did she cheat on Prince Charles?

Re: Did she cheat on Prince Charles?

The short answer is yes, after Charles went back to his long time married mistress Camilla Parker Bowles. There is evidence Charles and Camilla temporarily stopped their physical relationship when he and Diana married, but the emotional ties were never severed and Diana knew it. Charles even called Camilla daily during his honeymoon.

Diana was expected to accept her husband's affair, smile and wave at the cameras and bear his children. She refused to play this role, went public and the long, slow, downward slide to divorce was started.

Diana and Charles divorced in 1996, she was killed the following year and Charles married his mistress in 2005.

If you'd like all the details, I recommend "Diana, The Complete Story," by Sarah Bradford. ISBN (paperback) 978-0-14-311246-4.

page 267:

The truth was, rather, that Charles's failure to respond to her need
for affection and his lack of understanding for her predicament
(unlike his sympathetic reaction to her sister Sarah's anorexia) had
been evident far earlier than the summer of 1986. Basically, the
cause of Diana's affliction was not only post-natal depression after
the birth of William but her early realization that Charles did not
truly love her and that this marriage in which she had invested so
much hope could never approximate to her romantic dreams.
Charles's true love for Camilla Parker Bowles and his powerful
sexual attraction to her above all other women had made those
dreams inipossible. Charles had abandoned Diana, not she him.

Ive heard about those trysts that Diana went on,i dont think cheating is cool.From waht ive read,i dont think she would have done it had Charles been more loving to her.all those other guys she went with ended up hurting her.talk about more unhappiness.that guy that was killed in the accidnt,i dont know if that would have turned out either.Charles used it against her to gain sympathy,he sould have tried to keep his part of marriage vows.guess he's not the type.Hope William and Harry dont follow the same destructive path and have future relationships ruined.

From waht ive read,i dont think she would have done it had Charles been more loving to her.

That's how I see it, too. Diana didn't want lovers, she wanted a faithful husband, but he had others ideas.

She definitely wanted someone who loved her for who she was not some cheater dude.From im reading Prince Charles is a REAL ANIMAL!!!!!!i was never wild about him growing up.When i was about 10-11 i learned about his womwanizing and now i learn he never dated just one woman at a time.She didnt not want a repeat of her parents' divorce,she'd hoped to avoid divorce too.Im sure she's happy now a b68 nd no longer wondering if she is really loved.Too bad she didnt know too much genuine love while still with us

Her memory lives on . . .

Re: Her memory lives on . . .

Wow!!!! Great articles.William definitely has Diana in him, waering casual clothes when he feels like it.Visiting with sick folks,interracting with people in a polite, freindle way.I was thinking Yikes!! when that kid asked him about his mom, cause thats a painful ? but he handled it well and the girl was just a kid,maybe to young to realize that its an awkward ? Lady Sarah, I can tell ,is still missing Diana and loves her.It must have been comforting to her but sad at the same time with Diana not around anymore.Im sure Diana was proud watching William from above.I did notice some Williams family was not too hot on William not always wearing formal clothes on the trip,kind of like the criticized his moms similar actions.Diana definitely did not go away w/o leaving her mark on the world

Re: Her memory lives on . . .

Yes, but I think she did not do so until he cheated on her. Not that that excuses it, but I'm just saying...

I'm late on this thread (5 years lol), but I think that yes, she did cheat on Prince Charles, but only after she found out he was screwing around with Camilla which I find nothing wrong with. Sorry but I believe that if you cheat on your spouse first, it should be open season for them to cheat on you.

"I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum!"

Charles had Camilla Diana slept with 2 or 3 men a couple of them were also married. Seems Diana wanted sympathy for her plight but didn't give that sympathy to other wives.

Clark Kent + Lois Lane 4ever
DC Can Suck It

How unfortunately true. Diana had a right to sleep with Captain James Hewitt (who was engaged to Emma Stewardson at the time), but Hewitt later grew bitter that she ditched him in 1991, around the same time that his long-suffering fiancee did, and co-operated with a tell-all book Princess In Love which made him (temporarily) rich with a country manor complete with horse stables. Diana was devastated and it nearly ruined her reputation. She survived, but her "Jamie" became a public pariah and the most ridiculed man in Britain aside from Prince Charles.

The Prince of Wales seems to have weathered the storm pretty well, but James Hewitt still remains the bounder of Britian. After Diana's death, he damaged his cause by further blackening Diana's name in publishing Love and War in 1999. Although he protested his undying love for Diana, he revealed that she had told him of an earlier affair with her married, working-class bodyguard Barry Manakee, who was forced out of his royal job in 1986 and who was later killed by a novice driver in 1987. Diana believed that Manakee had been murdered by MI-6, but there was never any proof of this. It seems to me that Hewitt wanted/still wants the public to believe that he was not the first one to cuckold the future King, just like he wants everyone to believe that Diana secretly made up with him by phone some months before her death. No one buys it for one second. As it is, this indiscriminate womanizer has to date never married, is now broke except for his military pension, and lives alone in the country in Devon. Talk about karmic payback. Diana would love it.

I read one report that Diana's other bodyguard Graham Cracker spent so much time with the Princess that his wife, stuck at home with his neglected kids, committed suicide. But this was in a supermarket tabloid, the same one that printed trash that Diana had a one-night stand with King Juan Carlos of Spain, which I don't believe is true. Juan Carlos, who is now seventy-nine, and who is still having a go at women of all ages, is far too close to Prince Charles to have done that to his favorite royal cousin. Still, nothing would surprise me. Juan has/or will soon step down from his throne, paving the way for his only son Crown Prince Felipe. People in Spain have always looked the other way when Juan decided to dally, but once his favorite daughter and his greedy son-in-law looted their own company's expense accounts, the Spanish want a clean slate. The British should thank God Charles has behaved better. The other daughter and son-in-law have behaved impeccably, but the public have given their wily monarch his walking papers.

After the affair with Manakee, Diana fell in love with Hewitt in 1986, about the same time as Charles returned to Mrs. Parker-Bowles for good. Camilla's husband Andrew Parker-Bowles had been having affairs behind his own wife's back since 1979, the year that Camilla returned to the Prince as a full-time confidante, though she did not become his mistress until his marriage to Diana had "irretrievably broken down, us both having tried."

Diana later had affairs with the bachelor Major David Waterhouse (whose fiancee Lady Alethea Saville died of an accidental overdose) married art dealer Oliver Hoare, and the married soccer star Will Carling, whose wife Julia fought a verbal tug of war with Diana via a vicious tabloid struggle and later divorced Carling. The public, for the most part, stayed on Diana's side by refusing to believe that their beloved Princess could break up any marriage. Julia divorced her husband and, like Hewitt, became the object of intense media ridicule. Mrs. Diane Hoare, who stayed by her husband through thick and thin, never left him (he had cheated on her before), and persuaded Oliver not to admit the affair publicly. He didn't, which made Diana look like a lovestruck stalker HUNG UP ON MARRIED MEN as the now defunct tabloid News of the World put it. Diana never spoke to him again, believing Hoare to be "a spineless creature."

After five disastrous love affairs gone wrong, Diana fell in love with yet another bachelor Dr. Hasnat Khan, whose family adored Diana, but who were not too keen on "Natty" getting married to the most famous divorced Protestant Princess in history. She dated Khan for almost two years before she linked up with Egyptian billionaire Dodi Fayed, who died with her in the 1997 car crash in Paris. Robert Lacey, who wrote the first huge bestseller on Diana in 1982, put her love life in the best possible perspective twenty years later, that men were her downfall: "Prince Charles was the wrong man; James Hewitt betrayed her, and she never should have got into that car with Dodi Fayed."

By all accounts, Prince Charles reaped in a wife what he sowed as a husband.

This is believed by a large proportion of the public thanks to the media. If both the public and the press had treated Charles with the same sort of adulation that Diana received by virtue of having married him, maybe they would still be married. This did not happen because the Princess was so more physically appealing than the Prince. I doubt Diana would have reacted any better if he had been the popular one and she the unpopular one. Royals are humans just like anyone else. They do indeed spill red blood and they suffer normal emotional trauma just like the rest of us. The Princess cried all of the time due to the bad press she got in the last five years of her life. The Royals had no power over that, but the public sure did.

I'm sorry that Diana is no longer among us, but I don't think she would have aged well without some touch-ups. Also, she would have found it hard to give up the limelight in her late forties once Kate became the new royal focus, and it is doubtful that she would have had a happy marriage with a swinger like Dodi Fayed. Hasnat Khan would have been better for her.

As for Prince Charles, he has always deserved as much happiness as he wanted Diana to have in the early years of their marriage. They both deserved happiness and a happily-ever-after home life. It is the fault of the public and the media that they didn't get it. But he finally has the happy private life he has always wanted. He may never have the public respect that he once had as a young bachelor, but at least he has the tranquility that his mother's tabloid-obsessed subjects now begrudge him.

In his second marriage, the Prince of Wales has also reaped in a wife what he has sowed in a husband; wife number two just does't look like a princess should, but she has the breeding of one. As was Diana, but especially Charles, Camilla is a descendant not only of the Tudors, the Stuarts, and the Hanoverians, but various assorted no 2000 bles and aristocrats. The Duchess of Cornwall might never become Queen, but she is descended from many. She has also accomplished what Diana could not. She has made the Duke of Cornwall very happy indeed. Theirs is truly a death till they part union.

I don't think she would have aged well without some touch-ups.
Is that important?

. . . wife number two just doesn't look like a princess should, but she has the breeding of one.
I’ve never understood the emphasis of breeding. Here in the United States, some of our most important leaders had very humble beginnings.

"A .22 caliber mind in a .45 caliber world"

Both Clinton and Obama have reveled in their links to the other Presidents, however bogus. But it actually seems as if Obama is a distant relative of former Vice-President Dick Cheney. The Clintons have moved heaven and earth to come up with some aristocratic connections with other famous people on the internet's best known genealogy web-sites. Hillary is, in fact, listed on the famous connections site as a distant relative of both Madonna and Celine Dion; all three have Canadian/French ancestry. The irony in this is that Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall shares the same bloodlines because she is a relative of Celine Dion. Very interesting.

And the Bush family takes great pride in the fact that they are distant cousins of the Queen as many women in the Bush family have brought these royal connections to the American dynasty, especially Barbara Bush, who stated in 2000 that her oldest son George W. should be President because he came from better stock than Al Gore, whose father was a close friend and colleague of the great J.F.K.

Speaking of J.F.K: his sister Kathleen married one William Cavendish, the Marquess of Hartington in 1944. Lord Hartington was killed in action four months later, and the Marchioness herself died in a plane crash in 1948 at the side of her married lover Earl FitzWilliam, a distant relative of Sarah Ferguson. William Cavendish was a third cousin once removed of Diana, Princess of Wales.

Neither Obama nor Clinton have come from humble beginnings. Obama's maternal grand-mother was a bank President who paid for his tuition at the poshest private school in Hawaii, and Bill Clinton's step-father was a car salesman with ties to the all-powerful Dixie Mafia. His maternal grand-parents were quite well-off as well.

All this is interesting, but doesn't alter my statement, "some of our most important leaders had very humble beginnings."

You mean General Andrew Jackson, Abraham Lincoln, his Veep Andrew Johnson, Harry Truman, and Ronald Reagan, the only five men I can think of that occupied the Oval Office, but who came from genuinely humble backgrounds without a university degree? I can't think of anyone else. All of the others were at least lower middle-class, middle-class, upper-middle, or upper-class, and all were highly educated. Nixon's parents owned a lemon ranch and their own store. He was accepted at Harvard, but could not afford the tuition. He went to Whittier instead and later graduated from Duke University's law school.

Eisenhower's parents were farmers, but he was a West Point graduate, and they were not poor dirt farmers either. They owned a lot of land and were considered highly respectable citizens in Abilene, Kansas. Nixon was Eisenhower's Vice-President, and Tricky Dick's daughter later married one of Eisenhower's grandsons. I suppose one might consider Nixon, Clinton, and Eisenhower to have been lower-middle-class, but nearly all of the First Ladies have been upper-middle and upper-class, the exceptions being Pat Nixon and Michelle Obama of the First Ladies in our lifetime. Mrs. Nixon and Mrs. Obama were upwardly mobile strivers, and both of Mrs. O's parents groomed their children for the Ivy League.

You seem to have researched the topic in some detail, at least for those who occupied the Oval Office.

I have to a certain degree, but my thoughts do not amount to much. Just some soul searching and thorough research. What I do know for certain is that Bill and Hillary will be back in the White House twelve months from now, thanks to the atrocious reactionary, totally malignant Donald Trump, who has certainly made their path easier and ruined the chances for any sound-minded moderate Republican candidate. The good news is that JEB cannot be elected, although it would be nice if we had a President Sanders instead of another repeat, which will mean that next year we will be able to say that four out of the last six Presidencies have been either a Bush or a Clinton. This is not democratic or meritocratic, it is quasi-aristocratic and it should stop.

While we're off topic, I'd like to say I'm so fed up with Presidential politics, I'm thinking to myself, "Was King George III really all that bad?" <joke>

The person I'd like to see as President isn't running - Colin Powell.

And, a person's breeding is still not important in my book.

Colin Powell would still be wonderful, as would Bernie Sanders, and sadly, so would Fred Thompson if he were alive. He tanked in Iowa in 2008 because people didn't want to vote for a bald man, but he had every other quality we love in our leaders. Plus, his wife was/still is definitely First Lady material.

All of a sudden, Jimmy Carter, Nixon, and LBJ are looking awfully good, and two of these men were psychopathic criminals; Carter, of course, being the one with a clean slate. I have a feeling his funeral isn't too far off. He is worthy of at least the send-off we gave President Ford, who had four services and an entire week's worth of praise and glory before being buried in Michigan. Not bad for a man who was never elected President of the United States.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.