Politics : Post deleted

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: California to provide healthcare for illegal immigrants

I don't begrudge them health care, especially for the children

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

I don't begrudge them health care, especially for the children
Me neither and offering health care, will prevent more health issues in society, especially in this current Covid climate and the desire to get peeps vaccinated.

The US health care system needs a complete overhaul anyway, as it it largely run for profit via insurance companies.

Norman! What did you put in my tea?

Yep 👍

If we take the time to see with the heart and not with the mind, we shall see that we are surrounded completely by angels ~ Carlos Santana

And money to everyone that’s not white ,what a laugh.

Durrrrrrrrr

Only money for whites, then? You are my kinda guy!

Only healthcare for whites. Only this country for whites.

It’s a simple moral issue: is it right to watch an illegal Mexican die of a heart attack in front of you because he doesn’t have a green card or do you think he should be treated regardless?

Anyone with the decency to believe every life matters, regardless of how much money someone has, would say yes they deserve treatment. Everybody else is an asshole that I hope drops dead any minute.

From my studies at Wharton I can tell you that all Mexicans are fat from all that Coca-Cola and tacos, and watching telenovelas, so the heart attack is likely, pretty probable.

Well the American sitting next to him ordered that with an extra helping of fries plus a shake and two pizzas. What’s your point?

I need a point? This is news to me at filmboards!

Touche’.

“Wharton”

Please discuss.

I attended only the best schools with the best minds. I was identified early as a future business leader.

It was only my compassion and my empathy for retards and losers that brought me instead to health care and counseling.

Your trolling schtick is getting real old.

I admit that I made up bullshit about you WarrenPeace and I am sorry. - Friendo in a PM to me.

I can't disagree. Kinda like your shtick of 'I am a huge and boring retard' is starting to wear thin, as well.

Quit while you are behind with your fat behind, Fatty!

I admit that I made up bullshit about you WarrenPeace and I am sorry. - Friendo in a PM to me.

In my last dying breath I say Fuck you AJ!

The only poster who had his account banned 4 times without ever breaking any rules each of those times.

Promises, promises. kidding of course

It’s a simple moral issue: is it right to watch an illegal Mexican die of a heart attack in front of you because he doesn’t have a green card or do you think he should be treated regardless?

He should be treated.

Shit happens.

Post deleted

I understand where you’re coming from. But as someone who works in a hospital I would never dream of turning someone away from the ER if they were standing in front of me and I knew I could help them. In the field, we go by the philosophy of “help first, everything else later”. I think it’s a basic question of someone’s character.

Can I ask you what it is that bothers you about that? You don’t work in a hospital helping people and no one is sending you someone else’s bill to pay.

Post deleted

If Americans could see where their taxes ACTUALLY go, they’d be aghast. And helping others medically would be the last thing they’d be upset about. Lol illegal immigrants don’t raise the taxes. The insurance companies do. And any bull crap about where and why the money gets slotted is merely an excuse. Guess what, the government is going to raise the taxes NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS. It’s just a matter of who you choose to blame.

As I said I do believe it’s a moral issue. There will come a time in society where it’s unthinkable to deny basic medical care to any human. We’re just not there yet.

Post deleted

I didn’t say anything about Insurance companies paying for free services. The insurance companies increase their premiums which have risen for me over the past few years. Do I think that’s because of “illegal immigrants”? Not really.

What "insurance company" is going to be paying for this "free" medical service to "uninsured illegal immigrants?"

It will be federally funded Lil. It has to be and there is no other option. Let the cost of health care be at the behest of the system who is supposed to care about people.

The US needs a federally funded NHS too. Private health insurance should be an option like most decent moral countries run on regarding health care of its citizens.

Post deleted

….who pays for that funding to pay for that care that's being doled out for "free?"
With the way the US health care system is set up, I doubt many are even able to afford to pay for their excessively priced treatments, let alone afford to pay for very basic health insurance. They will be lost in limbo costs.

The US has become its own worst enemy with its flawed and corrupted profit before people medical/health care services. Its immoral and appalling in fact.

Funding from a federal space will have to come in the form of taxes. NHS works slightly different say to NZ vs Oz. In NZ, it is covered/built in automatically within the taxation rates table, whereas in Oz, each citizen/resident pays an additional 2% levy for Medicare on taxable gross income, on top of the tax rate table. There are certain exemptions for this though, based on very low income and certain working non-residents, who aren't afforded Medicare and have to have private cover.

There is no need in Oz for private cover unless one chooses to do so. Private cover assists in boosting a procedure and choice of doctors/hospitals, but any drastic emergencies are already automatically covered by the NHS.

Of course like many things in society/community, the haves will have to cover the have nots in many respects. That is just the way it is.

While I pay private myself, it is very basic, comes with a annual gap payment on top of premiums if I choose to utilize private and since I rarely use medical resources at this stage, (touch wood), I am paying for those who do, both via taxation and additional private cover, but I am not going to feel indignant about this. Everyone's medical/health situation is circumstantial too.

You should die because you’re white. You don’t seem to be an acceptable one. And no, I won’t validate your parking either.

Of course I don’t mean any of that literally but that’s basically the same the sentiment. Human rights refers to all humans.

very true.

suck it.

Hi Sophie. You’re actually the perfect person to answer my questions. In Germany do people complain about high taxes because of illegal immigrants? I know taxes are higher in general but I think Germany provides good services for its citizens.

only the radical right complains and a few old conservatives. u know, the usual scapegoating…

suck it.

Of course …. you don’t work or pay taxes.

Durrrrrrrrr

i'm studying, what's ur point?

suck it.

Start paying taxes , then see how pissed off you get at where the money goes.

Durrrrrrrrr

It is in the public interest of all Americans to make sure people living here have healthcare. You want disease to spread?

If a communicable disease breaks out in an immigrant community, you don't want it treated before it spreads? You want people crowding emergency rooms because they don't have a regular doctor?

"Illegals" come here to work. Whether you think that's right or not, once they're here, it's in the interest of a clean and orderly society to make sure they have basic healthcare.

I cannot believe anyone is so myopic not to understand that.

Administrator
"filmboards is a bold experiment in free speech and anarchy"
I GameBoy

amen to that.

suck it.

I've always been a manufacturing manager so I hire "illegals". Many of my best friends are "illegal". But I understand why some people don't think they should be here.

However, when it comes to healthcare, that's basic, and we don't want any segment of the population being sick and spreading disease.

Administrator
"filmboards is a bold experiment in free speech and anarchy"
I GameBoy

…when it comes to healthcare, that's basic, and we don't want any segment of the population being sick and spreading disease.

Post deleted

What about permanent residents, green card holders in the US?

Edit: and asylum seekers? Should they be denied health care?

Post deleted

Personally, I think that if a certain basic level of education should be a human right and really lets face it is boon to society, as we don't need a bunch of kids raised by wolves running around, for example, I would put health care in the same category: a minimum of basic health care for everybody prevents other problems down the road and also is a positive from a public health perspective.

Post deleted

I don't think that there's necessarily a contradiction here. You can be tougher on illegal immigration while keeping people healthy who are in your country.

Hey Corwin, how about if we bring about 2 million up and dump them in Canada, mostly in provinces near you? Ask the hospitals, schools and such if they'd like that.

We don't have unlimited resources to take care of them and there are many who are not from Central and South America. You know what that means. There are some who are coming in to do bad things.

great post.

Seriously stfu. You are bordering on Nazi speak. You have no clue. You are not from another country. This country welcomed me and your comments are pissing me off. NO ONE should be denied healthcare. This isn't about legal or illegal. But your bigotry is showing with the tangent you went off on. Since you went there I bet your snobbish ass would be trying to get in if you lived in one of the countries some of these people do. Its all fine and dandy when they are doing the jobs no one else will. IDGAF what your elitist thoughts are on illegals but I can picture you asking someone to show you their green card first if they were dying in front of you before you would lift a finger to help. You cant even stay on topic in your own thread. When its a matter of life and death for you or your family not everyone has the luxury of going thru "proper channels" first. You have no tolerance? I bet a lot of people here have no tolerance for you and the way you try talking down to them. Thank fuck I am not one of those people you can pull that shit with. I cant be as cold hearted as you. But I can be a right bitch when I see stupidity such as yours on display. Please do us all a favor by not thinking everything coming out of your mouth is pure gold and we need to just lap it up. You are not superior to anyone including "illegals." And considering this country was built on the backs of slaves and immigrants you need to doubly stfu. I would bet some of your ancestors were here "illegally." This is about being a decent human being period. Thank you for your understanding on this matter and have a lovely day 😁

❤️️ "True friends are like stars, you don’t always see them but they are always there.” ❤️️

Wow, overreact much? Breathe!

The Troll Detector