Love and Monsters : Boy and the red dress.

Boy and the red dress.

This was surprisingly a good film. It was like a comedy version of 'Skull Island'. I give it a 6½.

Have anyone watched it yet? If you did, the question for you is, what's with Boy and the red dress. Did the makers forget to the give reason behind it? Or saving it for the sequel?

It's not the page count that's important. It's telling the story. -Genius (2016)

Re: Boy and the red dress.

It really was great, I was just expecting another zombieland and while I didnt really have an issue with ZL, its not really a film I would watch again, have not even seen ZL 2 yet. But this film? Yeah im going to do my first ever Youtube movie review on it 9/10.

It really hints at a sequel and the fact that it got a solid 92% on RT? yeah, I would be very surprised if this is where it ended.

'Zombieland' duology was a great fun entertainer. Loved them.

If you do YT review, don't forget to share the link here. Good luck, may force be with you!! :p

Yeah, I like the idea of a sequel. It'll be another the tale of a journey to the high mountains.

RT is a critics' paradise. It means nothing to the film-fanatics, but it might for filmmakers. But sequels were made in the past, even after severely criticised in RT.

It's not the page count that's important. It's telling the story. -Genius (2016)

I was hoping to get one done quickly as doing videos on new games and movies is the best way get views as people will be searching them. I got a short intro done but after that i just dont know what the fuck to say without sounding l;ike a Nostalgia Critic rip off lol, I feel if i make jokes, it implies I dont like it, and i freeking loved the film lol Im gunna play some xbox and clear my head, hopefully will figure out things to say n stuff

Just saw it…loved it, especially Boy (my male cat's nickname is Boy, too ). He was really cute. The thing about the red dress was probably that it smelled or reminded him of his previous owner so he developed a strong attachment to it.

Here's the trailer in case any thread lurkers don't feel like searching for it on youtube.

ya know im actually glad that Joel went back to get his colony, most other films would have just forgot about them after Joel left the bunker, never to be heard from again as the story did not revolve around them at all, but you gotta think that he spent 7 years of his young life with those people he aint just gunna forget they exist.

Little things like that add so much more to films

I was a little annoyed we did not see MORE monsters tbh, considering how many real life cold blooded things they had to choose from, but we are very likely getting a follow up and they should go all out with that. I kinda respect them for now showing us a mutant version of perhaps the most well known creepy crawly, the spider!

The thing about the red dress was probably that it smelled or reminded him of his previous owner so he developed a strong attachment to it.

That's pretty much it. It reinforces that it was not only people who lost loved ones, but our pets as well.

This movie was such a joy. I loved everything about it. The character's journey, and not just his physical, geographic journey, but his emotional one was a great treat. The look of the monsters was phenomenal. I love how you can tell what these creatures used to be despite their mutations.

There is no weak link with the actors, and the ending is really quite beautiful and life affirming.

Satan is a little man.