Comic Books and Comic-Con : Bill Bixby was the best Bruce Banner & will never be surpassed

Bill Bixby was the best Bruce Banner & will never be surpassed

(Yeah I know it was David Banner in the show)

If comic book characters had a tv show in the 60s-80s, it was typically a campy, farcical in nature. Batman, Shazam, Spider-man, Superman. And usually, a movie version decades later would be more serious in tone; this is especially the case with Batman. Actors would ham it up.

But not The Incredible Hulk. And not Bill Bixby. It was dark and depressing at times. It wasn’t a superhero show; it was a man battling a demon within him. His Banner was depressed and lonely. If Chris Nolan did a Hulk movie, it’d play out similarly with this. This show is more serious and grounded than the MCU versions of Hulk, which is unusual; the standard is the movie version is a darker, serious version than its tv show counterpart.

Bill Bixby portrayed Banner with such emotion. His performance is incredible. He didn’t ham it up. He played this role like he was Denzel in Fences. He became Banner. No actor outdid him. He was perfect for this role. He Heath Ledger’d Bruce Banner.

All live action versions of Hulk fail to capture of the atmosphere of this great show, one of the best comic book shows ever.

Not to mention, it had one of the best tv themes of all time. “The Lonely Man.”

Re: Bill Bixby was the best Bruce Banner & will never be surpassed

It was a good show

Wasn't Thor is Trial of the Hulk?

Seven deadly sins, where do I begin? So many choices, so little time.

That was Return if the Incredible Hulk. Trial had Daredevil and Kingpin.

I like how Thor accidentally knocks Banner to an electrical system, electrocuting him, but struggles to pull him off…

Well, bruce was holding on pretty tight…

omg I watched this when I was young, but don't remember it being this bad. That… costume of Thors. holy shit that's terrible.

What was the budget on this, $100?

That's some nice alliteration there.

Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 😼

This show is hard to watch. It's all about Banner and who gives a fuck about Bruce Banner? People just want to see Hulk smash shit.

My password is password

^ this

Bill Bixby was the man. I concur.