Morgan Brittany : Believes the 'All liberals are hateful and intolernat' stereotype

Believes the 'All liberals are hateful and intolernat' stereotype

In an interview I read a few years back, she recalled the time her relationship with actor Ed Asner went south because of politics during the 2000 elections. She them proceeded to mock ALL liberals for claiming to be peaceful and tolerant.

Where was her outrage when conservatives were so happy over the death of Journalist Mike Wallace? Where was her outrage when conservatives were so happy over the death of actor Andy Griffith? And where was her outrage when conservatives were so happy over the death of film critic Roger Ebert?

http://www.frugal-cafe.com/public_html/frugal-blog/frugal-cafe-blogzon e/2012/07/06/andy-griffiths-death-vs-andrew-breitbarts-death-conservat ives-vs-liberals-trashing-the-dead-the-double-standard/

Some conservatives behave just as bad as some liberals do. Read this article and you will see that it goes both ways.

Speaking of Ed Asner, it will be interesting to see how will she react when he will eventually pass away. If she publicly celebrates his death, then she is nothing but a huge loser.

Re: Believes the 'All liberals are hateful and intolernat' stereotype

What a silly po 5b4 st. Conservatives didn't rejoice over the deaths of any of those people. That you think they did is strange and shows your bias.

I think that Morgan Brittany should get that gig on "The View" instead of Jenny McCarthy. It would be great to see Ms. Brittany exchanging bon mots with Whoopi Goldberg and the venerable Barbara Walters (a/k/a "Baba Wawa").

They got rid of Elizabeth Hassleback because she is a republican. They're not about to replace her with another one. One republican on network tv in the last decade is enough for them.

I don't know of a single 'conservative' who 'rejoiced' over anyone's death, much less the ones mentioned. I do recall liberals hoping Dick Cheney would die when he had heart problems. They have also openly hoped for the deaths of numerous other conservatives.

I love The Andy Griffith Show & watch it all the time. He never put his political views out there front & center like many Hollywood types. And when he did the TV spot I certainly never took shots at him like liberals did at conservatives.

You can't indict an entire movement simply based on a couple of nutty message board posts. By the way, the link doesn't mention any prominent conservatives who bashed Griffith. They show maybe a half dozen posts, probably from looneys. This is hardly qualifies for saying conservatives cheered at his death. You can find that many people who would cheer at anyone's death.

There was a Conservative on breitbart.com who was so happy Roger Ebert died, he worked his hatred towards him every chance he could get. He said things like:

"In lighter news, that leftist loser Roger Ebert is still dead. May he continue to rot in hades."

And he also had this to say about Andy Griffith:

"It's too bad that leftist loser Andy Griffith didn't live long enough to see his precious Obamacare kill him."

I swear I did not make this up.

Re: Believes the 'All liberals are hateful and intolernat' stereoty
5b4
pe

Link please? If it was a message board then it's open to anyone.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2014/01/01/James-Avery-of-Fresh-Prince-fame-dead-at-65

Here is the most recent example I can think of. His name is AbsolutelyRight.

And you can see me trying to knock some sense into him.

You do realize anyone can post on a message board & that doesn't make him a real conservative. Most of the posts I saw were very kind and appropriate. One or two posts from nuts hardly represents a case for condemning either side.

My point is (and I hope you agree with me on this) people like AbsolutelyRight, who claims to be a Conservative, shouldn't call himself "Peaceful and Tolerant", and then attack someone he disagress with politically. Same thing with liberals.

Agree 100%

But here's the thing:

It's very hard for me to make friends with someone on the far-right. At least based on my experience with the ones on breitbart.com, they seem very hostile towards anyone who:

Doesn't vote with their pocketbook
Still pays money to see movies in theaters and at home video stores
Still has cable television (according to them, you are paying for Al Sharpton's salary)
Even slightly criticizes America
Anyone who lives in a state that isn't in the south. Everyone should have a right to live in wherever they want to, regardless of whether it's a state like California or a state like Texas. I live in Southern California, and I am proud of where I live.

They also seem to despise pretty much EVERYTHING that Hollywood has made from the 1960's and beyond. They go on and on and on about how Golden-Age Hollywood was 100% squeaky-clean and always classy, when in fact it was no less sinful and notorious than the Hollywood of today.

Finally, for the record, I am moderate.

You seem to be painting with a very LARGE brush. First, trying to judge based on message boards is very difficult (as you should know from this board). It is not representative of the public at large- sort of like a web poll.

I am conservative/libertarian & I honestly don't know anyone who refuses to go to the movies or doesn't have cable/satellite TV. I've had it for over 30 years & all of my friends have it (and the internet).

I don't mind criticizing policies of our country or politicians whatsoever. Blanket hatred for our culture & history I despise.

I have conservative friends all over the US. As for hating everything Hollywood has made 5b4 I don't get what you are saying. As you can see from these boards there are many conservatives who watch TV and go to the movies. I (and they) don't like actors always pushing their agenda but that doesn't stop me from watching movies.

And again on the cable/satellite thing: how could Fox News become so successful if conservatives (who liberals always say watch Fox) didn't have cable/satellite? Since Fox dominates the news ratings it's obvious more than just conservative-minded viewers watch it. Same goes for shows like Duck Dynasty or shows that are middle America type shows. I don't watch DD (have never seen it) and therefore refuse to engage in any discussion of it.

You must lead a sheltered life. I can give you any number of examples of conservatives being hateful and intolerant, including quite a few right here on these message boards. But I imagine you'd just counter with "Anyone can post on a message board. How do you know they're really conservatives?"

And there's where it would end. You can't see a problem if you refuse to look at it.

Oh, and did you not see Rush Limbaugh positively crow over the death of Ruth Bader Ginsberg? Is that what you call love and tolerance? Are things like "libtard", "snowflake" and "America hater" terms of endearment that we're just not understanding? I don't think so, Sport.

If liberals are hateful and intolerant toward conservatives, it's because we're sick and goddamn tired of being treated that way by conservatives.

The worst thing that ever happened to the movies was when some pretentious twit decided they should be art.

People who go around identifying themselves as a "Liberal" or a "Conservative", or a Communist for that matter, suck. They are humorous narrowminded people who have to hammer every round peg into a square hole so reality conforms to their theories or prejudices. The Hollywood limo libs bore me with their trendy causes but the Hollywood cons are even more pathetic with their "poor me, they're picking on cons here" act too.

Jake, you are very right on your statement on how people are put in a box for a idea. The so-called Liberals, call me a right wing nutcase because I believe in legal gun ownership.
The so-called conservatives call me everything from a bleeding heart to a communist, because I believe in background checks for gun ownership ! Yes Hollywood goes with whatever is popular at the moment and will sell tickets to the theater.

Trouble is, these days, it's the liberals and the lest calling the shots. And GOP cons are so stupid, they could harvest millions of skeptics who are sick of the left like there are more than 2 genders or their fantasies about how the patriarchy or the KKK are controlling everything.
But the right has to go whole hog with all their stupid bible thumping nonsense. When I hear some idiot who pretends he is a big Jesus freak but supports large military and foreign intervention

Yeah, I heard her last night running on about Hollywood liberals on the

Jim Bohannon Show. OMG, she will make all the rounds reading off the same old "poor me, a conservative patriot in liberal la la land" script. Can't wait for her to repeat her worn out banalities on the O'Reilly Factor.

What are they doing? Why do they come here?
Some kind of instinct, memory, what they used to do.

She also believes that ebola is a plot by Obama to declare martial law and seize gun 5b4 s. I'm guessing she owns a tin foil hat.

Bite me, fanboy! -- Lobo

She's right. Left wing morons are intolerant against anybody who doesn't tow the left wing extremist line.

Not true at all, Sunshine. It's just that idiots like you tend to piss us off.

The worst thing that ever happened to the movies was when some pretentious twit decided they should be art.