The Soapbox : An Opportunity to Work at Save a Lot

An Opportunity to Work at Save a Lot

However, I need to take the bus to the gym to get in shape to be an actress, as well as practice violin and learn German. I get tired on pills, too. I would have to give up the bet on being hired as an actress if I worked. Same ole same ole. I just don't know if I'll make enough money soon enough, otherwise, like to station myself in Germany and maybe have a nicer life, as I think I don't deserve to be poor.

Blog

Re: An Opportunity to Work at Save a Lot

I think you will have more luck with Save A Lot than the acting career.

I could be postponing making my big break. Since I also do violin and learn German, seems I should try to just live on government money, though it may be fun to work at Save a Lot now.

Blog

I think you might enjoy having a job and meeting people and having a distraction every day instead of sitting around the group home and worrying about things. It might be good for you I feel better when I'm busy.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

So, I'd make, like, $40 a day and be more financially secure.

It may be fun, too. Maybe, I don't have to let the gym get in the way. I'm just worried about buckling down and saving myself for violin and learning to be fluent in German or good enough maybe to do music there somehow. I wish I could do all these things. Let's look at it this way, a schedule:

6 AM - Wake up, eat breakfast, get ready..
8 AM - 12 PM - Work at Save a Lot, which opens at 9 AM
1 PM - Lunch
1:30 PM - 5:30 PM - 4 hours of time
5:30 PM - Supper
6 PM - Shower
7 PM - Bed

4 x 5 = 20 hours a week
20 x $11 = $220 a week
$200 x 4 weeks = $800 a month

I wonder when I would post online, on film|boards. I also need to exercise, and using the bus that seems impossible. I'm also exercising in hopes of lowering my A1C and taking less medication. So far, the odds are still out. I tend to spend a lot of time on here posting on film|boards and relaxing and only some success at practicing violin and started up Rosetta Stone for German. Most girls could do it, work at Save a Lot and one day marry a rich boy and raise children. Me, however, I want a career in music or something. It's like if I were in college. I need to exercise, too, or else I'll just get fat like everyone else. I need to play with this government money. Even if I only worked 3 days a week, it would still cut into my plan. I know this plan sinks. I can feel it from my past. I could get tired and depressed, as the result. True, I could work out at home or wish I could get a treadmill. It just seems too busy, though, for what I'm used to.

Blog

That doesn’t sound like a bad schedule at all Christina, and quite doable. After 12:00, you have the rest of the day to do as you please.

Any idea what you might be doing? Because that could make a big difference.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Well, I wouldn't be able to go to Planet Fitness and use the treadmill, using the bus. I need to wind down, but I also want to practice violin and learn German. Also, I'd need to go to bed too early to get extra sleep since I take all these pills. Maybe, I should just go to the gym to lower my A1C, if that works out. I mean, I could work out at home, but I'd rather try going to Planet Fitness and using the treadmill. Plus, I don't work for 4 hours straight, like when I practice violin and learn German. I might be able to scatter it. I've been needing to catch up on rest lately, too.

Blog

Post deleted

Yea, I bet the food in the new group home should be agreeable, I imagine if she's just a young woman like me.

Blog

Wtf are you scamming the government? What is this about plat with their money and a "plan"?

I get money like I have a disability because I take pills for schizophrenia.

Blog

ur hitting the rack at 7pm? wtfuck? no wonder your body is screwed up: 11 hours of idle time.

that's 800 before taxes and withholding. does ohio have a state income tax? if Ja, then factor that into your net take home pay.

career in music is about as realizable as "miley" having a career in singing: flights of fancy with planes that aren't going to reach take-off speed. dont listen to me or anybody else but the listening public. record your violin playig and submit it to a talent contest or something where totally disinterested ears will hear you playing. let their judgments decide for you if a career is remotely possible.

where does your additional fantasy of sav-a-lot girl marrying rich come from? is this an east clevland urban legend?

ARE YOU REALLY CHRISTINA OR HAS SOMEONE HIJACKED YOUR ACCOUNT? because even for you, this shit is seriously stinking up the legit test.

Yea, hopefully the gym will help a lot with my health and get my blood flowing better.

Yea, I was hoping to play in an orchestra and in chamber music. It seems people in orchestras do chamber music sometimes, I just realized. I dunno who gets good enough to record.

It's me! It says I post here with a link to my profile on my blog. It's in the right column under "social networking:" www.christinabarrett.com.

Blog

Post deleted

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🤨 Let's go, Brandon! 🤨 Try that in a small town.

do they sell food at save a lot? you probably get a discount, could help your life out. is it close to your old group home or your new group home? maybe you could do a play at a local theater or act some scenes on youtube. people are discovered on youtube and tiktok these days.

men are men and women are women.

I think it's 1 1/2 hours away by bus.

Yea, I could still make it in acting, if I had a job. I just don't think it really wise to put my violin down now, to sacrifice my chance to get in shape and act, and learn German on top of that.

Working might be good, but I don't feel I'm ready and don't know how to plan it out, especially without a car and instead using the bus.

Blog

it's tough. concentrate on getting a new place first. jobs may be easy to find after the summer when holiday help is needed. keep practicing violin and german and draw and sing and act and enjoy your life. making it big and famous is not that important but having fun and money is important.

Sounds like a good plan! I really need this break and to get in shape.

Blog

you can do it.

You won't be allowed to live in Germany if you can't hold down a job, Christina. They won't give you citizenship unless you can demonstrate an ability to support yourself without government assistance. You need to adjust your goals toward something more realistic.

Hark! Harold the angel sings.

Well, I was hoping I'd make money acting, and I do want a career. I wanted to move to Europe for classical music since my 1st year of college, France or Germany for organ, but I switched to violin, maybe not good enough to play for money. If I didn't do music, I'd do some other career.

Blog

Post deleted

an organ pipe dream

unlike the US where you can stay illegally and get everything handed to you. Yet when we put in restrictions like European countries do we are called racist.

Smells like Ass in here

If you take the job, you can go to the gym after work, that's what I do.

Also, since you are on SSI you MUST REMEMBER that you can't have more than 2,000 dollars in your bank account. So, you must spend your money or put it somewhere else.

Cool! I sleep so much, though. I've lost a lot of sleep growing up on homework.

Blog

I don’t think you should attempt a full time position until you work a little and see if it tires you out. You may have to deal with the possibility of not working and having to get by only on disability. Most states are strict about the amount you can earn. If it’s too high they can reduce your monthly benefits.

Yea, maybe I shouldn't work..

Blog

20 hours a week is hardly a full time job.

😺 Schrodinger's Cat walks into a bar, and doesn't. 🤨 Let's go, Brandon! 🤨 Try that in a small town.

I think you'll have better luck working at Save A Lot, than with any of your other ideas.