Awesome scene

Aemond has some depth to him.

Re: “Serve me, vhaegar!”

😔 I knew it

Hahaha me too but it was still a great portrayal

We deserve a few more episodes

Rhaenyra talked to him more so I knew it was going to be him. I just didn't know how it was going to happen. It was good but so sad. I just hate when kids die in shows/movies so my mouth dropped for a bit and I got really sad lol. The plop happened before that so I was already freaking sad. Jesus christ.

I was more concerned for what happened to that little dragon. The image of his left over appendages falling from the sky was sad. I didn't see any Lucerys bits, I assumed Vhagar swallowed him whole along with a good chunk of Arraxs body.

The Lion does not give a fuck. Bring. More. Sheep.

Lol maybe Luke survived

I actually watched a retarded video on youtube last night where some dude claimed he may have survived citing book source material rumors among the smallfolk of this happening, though it's clearly stated in the book these were just rumors and he did not in fact survive.

Dude claimed one of the little pieces of the dragon that was shown falling from the sky was Lucerys, but it clearly wasn't, the dragon took him into his belly and **** him out later. The guy tried to argue how he could have survived the fall, lost his memory, and become a fisherman, living out his life unaware of who he was.

They never even found the body, though I believe some pieces of Arrax washed up in the tide a few days later.

The guy tried to argue how he could have survived the fall, lost his memory, and become a fisherman, living out his life unaware of who he was
That’s some imagination 😂

I think we saw the same video.

If he survived, it would be due to divine intervention. Like how Jon Snow probably survived the volleys of arrows because he is the prophesied savior. Or how Luke skywalker magically survived his fall in ESB, due to the will of the force. Canonized plot armor.

Because under “normal” conditions, a “normal” person has no business surviving that chomp, that high up. No way in hell.

I hope he died.

Lol even if one if the pieces were Lucerys there's no way he could have survived that and become Jason Bourne. 😂

Arrax's death was sadder for me than Lucerys's. But then I always take the dragon deaths personally. 🥺

This is what I was talking about earlier. We knew Lucerys was going to be killed, but we didn't know the actual circumstances via the book.

Apparently, Lucerys dragon was spooked by the storm, and he was already unable to control it upon his departure from Storms End. It's clear that Almond was just trying to scare Lucerys, but when Lucerys dragon got really spooked in the pursuit and tried to flame up Vhaegar, Vhaegar got pissed and Almond lost control of his dragon himself. You could see the horror on his face as his dragon proceeded to bite Lucerys dragon in half, all the while Almond was screaming at it to serve him and NOOOOOOOOO!

These are the kind of details we do not get from the unreliable narrative of the book, and which can not be spoiled for the the show. It was a shocking death, not because it happened, but because of how it happened. 10/10 at its best GOT level good.

And yes, the Almond actor is great, but dude is supposed to be 17 and looks 40+, looking closer to Daemons age.

the Almond actor is great. I don’t care if he looks 40, Westeros is hard and he lost an eye. Very stressful for alnond. Induces wrinkles. Also no Sunscreen while so closer to the sun

Great point about sunscreen, especially with their pale ass skin.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Post deleted

me neither bc i still have to catch up on 4 episodes

suck it.

Hurry tf up

Yeah

Loved it. Jeeeesus the size of Vhaegar compared to the Arrax. I was kind of glad that Aemond didn't actually intend for it to go that badly. Not a total psychopath… yet.

My wtf moment was why the **** Otto Hightower AGAIN goes Dragonstone to piss off Daemon (well perhaps not the entire purpose 😅), who is obviously dying to burn him to a crisp. I know it's exciting delivering that bit of news in person but…dude!

In the book it's actually the black Maester who goes, and Rhaenyra strips his chains and gives them to her own maester.

It was much better with Otto, paralleling his earlier encounter on that same bridge, but on Rhaenyras side at that point. The interesting thing some may not have noted was Rhaenyra dismounted behind them, and walked through the enemy line to join with Daemon and her supporters on the other, no fear. Totally badass.

Post deleted

It is better with Otto.

She has her dragon right there too.

Post deleted

He looks like Godzilla. Awesome ****ing scene

Can’t wait for Vhaegar versus Caraxes (daemon dragon) or Vermithor (the one Daemon was singing to)

Yes! I thought of Godzilla too.

I loved the scene where Daemon sang to the dragon and that shot in the dark when the dragon breathed fire in the air in a semi circle.

Beautiful, really.

Daemon sang to the dragon because his previous rider, King Jaeharys used to do that. I imagine after 27 years of isolation and loneliness Verminthor was quite happy to have someone come to claim him in this way.

It's a great scene and it made me like Daemon more. Wonder why nobofy tried that before. Or maybe they did but it only worked with Daemon?

Daemon is seen as this wild badass guy but he was the one who wouldn’t have his wife have the c-section, unlike Viserys, and he is the one with the heart to sing to the dragon ❤️

I'm going to rewatch all of it so I might be wrong on this, but wasn't Daemon told he would lose both anyway?

Really? That’s … disappointing 😣

Lose both what?

Mother and child I assume but I only remember Daemon refusing to have her cut open. I will definitely do a rewatch at some point as it’s hard to remember so much.

Laena was more important to him than some child who hadn't even been born. I think it's one of Viserys major failings that he did that to his own wife.

Agreed. I think that’s what made Daemon my favourite character and it’s interesting that the good king Viserys could be so brutal but the badass Daemon wouldn’t do the same.

Viserys wanted a son very badly, and needed one in order to fulfill the Aegon I's prophecy, which he was obsessed with almost to the point of madness. Daemon had no such stakes, and was resigned to living a life of quiet desperation at this point. A son and heir was not important to him, since he was basically out of the picture in regards to ever becoming king.

I’m glad he changed his mind and made Rhaenyra his heir. And stood by it despite the protests.

I think Rhaenyra would have been out if his son had lived.

Oh for sure. He was obsessed with the idea of a male heir until I guess he realised that it actually could be Rhaenyra. But at least he then stuck with it 😕

There were no actual potential candidates for Verminthor. Only those of Targaryen blood can claim a dragon, afaik, and the riderless dragons who live under Dragonstone have long been entrusted to the care of the caretakers of Dragonstone. Aemond had to literally sneak onto Dragonstone and claim his dragon from under their noses, they weren't going to give him one of them. The blacks have access to more dragons than they can use at this time, but they are available for when Daemon and Rhaenerys kids come of age. Daemon needs that to happen now, so he's getting proactive about training them.

I expect Laenors dragon Seasmoke will go to Daemons daughter who still doesn't have a dragon since she expected to inherit Vhagar before Almond stole her.

Howcome Aemond and his brother don't get dragon sthough? They're just as half Targaryen as Rhaenyra's children by Strong.

Aegon has a dragon, Sunfyre.

You want a spoiler? Look below.

Aegon is gravely injured in battle on his dragon Sunfyre, suffering major burns. Sunfyre becomes so badly injured he loses his ability fly. While Aegon recovers from his injuries, Almond sits the Iron Throne in his brother stead as Prince Regent.

Oh I totally missed that.

Let me think about clicking. I want to know but also don't want to know. Let's see how long I can control my curiosity. 😂

So how did that work out for you?

It's been 2 minutes. 2 long, throne room crossing minutes.

That finale was a masterpiece.