Season of the Witch : Similar films?

Similar films?

Loved both Black Death and this for many reasons, although I admit both of them had their flaws. Can someone recommend similar-themed films, please? Especially with regard to the atmosphere (grim/bleak), topics (witches/occult), etcetc.

Re: Similar films?

You might enjoy Solomon Kane (2009) and Dark Relic (2010).

http://hexfan.proboards.com/

I didn't find many flaws in Black Death especially compared to this film, which I actually struggled to sit through, but another reviewers suggestion of Solomon Kane is a great recommendation, alternatively you could go back a while into more classic films such as Blood on Satans Claw, Witchfinder General and the Wicker Man. More modern examples could be Kill List.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned "The Name of the Rose", in which Ron Perlman also appears - as a hunchback. (Sean Connery plays a medieval monk investigating a series of mysterious deaths in an isolated abbey.)

I'm not usually a fan of supernatural films, but enjoyed this and even stayed up late to watch my recording of it. Like others here, I would have preferred a different, less demonic, last 20 minutes.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned "The Name of the Rose", ...
Quite probably because it's not a supernatural fantasy film. Umberto Eco would probably not appreciate a comparison being drawn between this film and The Name of the Rose.🐭