Courage the Cowardly Dog : What does Muriel see in Eustace?

What does Muriel see in Eustace?

I get that Eustace is meant to be the semi-antagonist of the show but I can't help but wonder what a kind woman like Muriel would see in a guy like Eustace. He's always giving orders to her and sometimes values her as much as the dirt he walks on. He also scares the ever loving crap out of Courage any opportunity he gets. Maybe when he was younger Eustace was more kinder and gentler, but given how his family, particularly his Mother, treated him I don't see how he'd have been all that different then than he would be today.

My ignore list is quite large.

Re: What does Muriel see in Eustace?

Well, nice people have come out of bad families before. Maybe it is just a case of Eustace becoming a bitter, old crone is his old age. As for what made him change, I don't know.

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Eustace is just your regular crotchety old man. He's a jerk to courage, but most of that stems from jealousy between Muriel and courage. It has been established that he does love Muriel. As for him giving her orders, you have to remember they are an elderly couple from another generation.

You love me more than sunny summer days.

I think maybe when they were younger and fell in love, he might have been nicer,but now he's just an grumpy old man.

"When death sleeps, it dreams of me."

Have you ever seen All In the Family? In the show, Archy Bunker is pretty much the same as Eustace. Just some old guy gripping about everything and treats his wife, Edith with little respect. He even calls her a dingbat. And much like in this show, Edith is a lot like Muriel. Only wants to please her husband and is nice to everyone.

In All in the Family, they show how a couple like this interacts and why someone like Muriel would ever want to be with someone like Eustace. Basically it's that deep down inside, he's really not a bad guy and only she can really see this.

He must be amazing in bed…
Okay but honestly he is a dick… to Courage not to Muriel.
I think he feels neglected by her and take it out on a dog.
Plus plenty of people turn into bitter old man, trust me on this, I am one

It is said he is mean to Courage because Muriel likes him so much so that alone makes me wonder about their relationship beforehand.

He has a massive dong.