3D Films : Great news about I.C.F.O.S.

Great news about I.C.F.O.S.

Great news!thanks to Universal, the 3D version of ,"It came from outer space," is being offered in preorder form from Best Buy website.Guess how much it cost? 9 Bucks! yes 9 bucks,plus sale tax and postage.Best buys planning to put it out in retail .It might cost more at that time .It will be out on October 4.Take advantage of pre order ,before you have to pay possibly 35 bucks.

Re: Great news about I.C.F.O.S.

Sadly this only applies to the US. Best Buy don't ship internationally (unless you live in Guam).
By the time HMRC have done with as it enters the UK, I imagine the price will be considerably higher.

"Say it with flowers . . . give her a Triffid."

Sorry.This is typical of greedy corporate studio universal.If it was sold to flicker alley .they probably would have it 0 region and have international mailing.They sold license to over priced bet buy to control film consumers ,as oppose to the other way around.

We don't know for certain that it won't be region free yet. Hope springs eternal.

also we do not know if Nat king Cole's short will be a part of it too.Big corporate studios are stingy.

It won't be included, according to 3D Film Archive.

The cost of the music rights precluded the addition of the Nat King Cole short. What a pity. Still looking forward to the feature, though!

Three days ago contact both universal and the archive to find out the reason why they are not including the short.No answer yer.Guess Universal is not putting out the short with the 3D feature ,cause universal don't wan to pay the extra copyrights of the songs and music in the short,which is still not public domain,although they can probably afford it .Then because the short is not science fiction it's not consistent with the feature .The copy right free for the ray Bradbury estate is probably very expensive too,but nerveless ,universal could probably afford it without going broke.The fact the archive are not answering me indicated that the only thing they care about is their own selves and not there 3D fans .I'm surprised that they answered you,but they did not express why universal is not adding this.My guess Nat king Cole and ray Bradbury is expensive.

Just ordered my copy!

The fact the archive are not answering me indicated that the only thing they care about is their own selves and not there 3D fans

That is an unfair and false assumption. The few people involved in the archive are busy working on and promoting their various projects. The answer was already given; the music rights were too expensive to justify the anticipated sales for a niche title like this. We're fortunate enough that we're getting the feature itself in pristine form. Sure, I'd like to see the NKC short, but for ten dollars, I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Hate to start a fight ,but i have too.It is their obligation to answer question of 3D fans cause they are suppose to be serving us .The fact that the short is not being a part of the feature ,these people owe you and I an explanation .This is fair .The problem with you is that your pro business .I not I'm for film consumer ,Film consumer have rights.People involved in the business has the moral obligation to serve possibly the fans .The is an moral and ethical way of making a living ,Hollywood and the other film distributors are are guilty of manipulation the mainstream film fans ,rather than serving them and other groups equally . Deregulation have gotten worst.You are a fan of what is choose for oyu.I am a fan of variety and choices .We had the right government .Universal would be obligate to explain why the short is not being a part of the feature.They have no answered me yet on that . .Just a universal rudely denied they ever had king of jazz as a part of their products.No these business are only looking out for themselves .As a consumer of art you have the moral right to criticize an artist if you feel that they are not serving the consumer of art ethically !You should be concerned. if Bob chooses a distributor for Sep storm that only wants the featured.I wonder about this I felt what if fox take the distribution,they would eliminate the shorts.Nope! fortunately fox would never do this ,They kept the two Todd ao shorts with the restored Oklahoma.Universal can afford the right and it probably be two more dollars 12.95, for the retail price of both.that still cheap remember the Scottish company was going to release both and pay those rights .They were on a budget too.Universal is own by Comcast and they are greedy an selfish .They don;t include profit in the long run ,only now.12.95 would allow there quick profits down A movie with sex n it ,real.Ids a niches .It came from outer space is not niche .It's a popular title .You be surprise how many 3D fan are out there ,but the electronics consumer organization don't want to put shutter and passive 3D in all t.v.'s .They are selfish and many of them personally hate it .Many fan who can't afford a 3d t.v ,have to us electronic color code converter ,which comes close to passive Polaroid or electric anaglyph 3D converters to for them the only way to see the 3D at the moment.

You are a fan of what is choose for oyu.I am a fan of variety and choices .

Again, you make assumptions. I've been a "fan" of films on actual film, from the days before movies were available on video in any form. Some of our favorite reels are of titles not yet available in mass-produced form, including a few 3-D subjects. It is a safe bet our titles are more eclectic than you can imagine, and largely not subject to the whims of the corporate choices of what people should see at home.

These days, all vintage movies are a hard sell, and throw 3-D into that mix, you do indeed have a niche product. The percentage of sales in comparison to the current titles is a very small fraction. I wish it weren't that way, but in spite of what you say about all those people using converters and such, they are statistically invisible to many of the bean counters in charge of releasing these titles.

I don't know where you get this idea the folks at the Archive are not responsive. They have an active facebook page and responded within minutes to the question regarding the NKC short. Music rights are a problem with all kinds of home video releases. It was a couple of decades before THE HOLLYWOOD KNIGHTS was released due to music rights clearances. Both series WKRP IN CINCINNATI and HAPPY DAYS are available on DVD with much of the original music replaced for the same reason. I understand WKRP is being, or has been released with more of the original music intact. And I'm sure that is for a very limited time. It's the nature of the industry.

It would indeed be wonderful if that short can accompany the feature, but I'm grateful for what HAS been made available, and the people at the Archive put their heart and soul into those projects with no expectation of riches. You say I'm "pro business." Sure I am, because without businesses like the 3-D Film Archive, we wouldn't have some great titles, my favorite among them being the 3-D RARITIES, which was truly a labor of love. These people care a great deal to put out the best possible product, and go above and beyond to accomplish that. Sorry you don't think it's enough, but ya can't please everyone.