Citizen Kane : How did Kane acquire Rosebud again?

How did Kane acquire Rosebud again?

Can anyone explain how Kane acquired Rosebud again? Before the *spoiler* furnace shot at the end of the picture, we see Rosebud collecting snow in Colorado after he left to live with Thatcher. Is it to be assumed that Kane tracked it out down when he was older? Being a collector, I guess that's the obvious answer but I don't think it's ever confirmed. Does anyone know?

Re: How did Kane acquire Rosebud again?

Ah, I just rewatched my copy and missed the most obvious detail. Many things from his mother's home in Colorado were collected by Kane (assuming later in life) and were included as the many pieces of "junk" inside Xanadu (revealed at the end of the picture). Ok, now I can sleep. :)

It was revealed much earlier than that. When he first met Susan, he said he was going to a warehouse "in search for my youth", and that the warehouse contained his mother's belongings.

As the camera zooms in toward the sled you see an old wood burning stove and other items from Mary Kane's cabin.

Rosebud

I read somewhere that there was double meaning for the name " Rosebud" besides being name of the sleigh. Anyone with answers??

Re: Rosebud

Read some more.
'Rosebud' was supposedly the 'pet' name that Wm. Randolph Hearst had for Marion Davies private parts.