Disturbia : Once again it falls apart at the end

Once again it falls apart at the end

yet another film that ticks along nicely then falls apart at the climaxWhat did Ashley do after she got out of the pool..go home for a cup of tea?..because she certainly didn't tell her parents or ring the police.

Do all the neighbours in American suburbia go into a coma after dark..??..it would be the only way to explain why they didn't hear or see anything.

And why was the cop on his own when all the previous times he was with a partner?

Such a let down at the end

Re: Once again it falls apart at the end

Yeah I thought the same about Ashley. Thought she must have drowned in the pool.

Plus-how did the neighbor think he was going to get away with killing all threethe Asian friend, Kale, and the mother? They were all just going to disappear and noone would suspect him? And throw in the neighbor girl and the cop for good measure. Before that, he didn't seem to want to get caught. Made no sense.

What was with the weird secret places filled with water, etc., in what looked like an average house? That was too hard to understand to be effective.

i get your question about his plan. his plan seemed some what logical
at first.

his plans were kill ronnie kill the mother then kill kale. blame it on kale.
the moment ashley was involved his plans went out the door he tried killing her then it was just all about survival.
he likely would have moved right away.
even though he would have been suspected in the murder anyways. since the kid had already accused him of being the wanted serial killer. the cops would have put 2 and 2 together and got a probable cause warrent and eventually found the secrete room

the basement the pool of bodies was all added in secrete by the killer.
he connected the garage to the house after he first moved in after that it wouldnt be that difficult to dig all of that up

It's been a while but I thought she died in the pool. Guess I'm mistaken

I think she called the cops. The one who went into the house died before he could call in reinforcements. I think she ran home and called the cops. Kale went back in for his mother, she called the cops. Makes sense.

kale told her to call the police and stay in her house until she called them
the neighbors probabily heard the comotion the police infact arived right as kale and his mom were leaving the garage so there was sufficient enough time for the police to get there

That's exactly my thought.
Even the so happy ending that took only one night to happen is really bugging me!

When Kale and Ashley fall in the pool then resurface, he tells her to make sure the cops get there. Presumably she ran home or to a neighbours and told them to call the police.

Failing that, she rushed to her car and possibly drove to the police station to personally tell them.

the films set up was quite good and at the start we can believe that it maybe Kale's overactive imagination due to boredom and possibly some huge twist that HE was a killer and imagined most of the storybut after about an hour it becomes fairly predictible - hyper cute teen girl who simply MUST fall for the lead and they lead MUST be right and everything happening is not in his head

This was just a weaker teen version of Rear Windowthough I do like Shia in his movies