Classic TV: The 80s : Any love for Miami Vice?

Any love for Miami Vice?

There were a lot of crap in the 80s and MV was a shiny nugget of goodness. It's gotta be one of the first tv shows to start looking like a feature film, add in the cool music and action and it became the seminal show for every cop show that came after it.

Re: Any love for Miami Vice?

I loved Miami Vice, but unless you remember it from when it first aired, I am not sure how it stands the test of time. Stories were great, as was the acting, but was very much a show of its time.

yeah the show is a little dated but that's what gives it charm and 80s nostalgia is the big rage today like the 70s nostalgia was a couple years ago.

Cops driving around Miami whilst Phil Collins is playing is always cool.

Miami Vice is a great show in the essence that it is a definite classic but sucked to a degree when it became The Don Johnson Show.

When theres no more room in Hollywood, remakes shall walk the Earth.

Agree...the downfall of TV shows

Family Ties became the Michael J. Fox show

Happy Days became the Henry Winkler show

MASH became the Alan Alda on a soapbox show

I had a chance to view some episodes when it was on centric. They took it off the channel earlier in the year.
I was in 1982 i dont remember the show from beginning to end. From episodes ive seen this was a great show and the theme is my favorite part of the show.

The first two seasons kicked ass . Then it became hit or miss after that .

Yes, MV is the greatest show ever!

I never saw the show, but I love the theme, the setting, and the iconic fashion. I have to get the DVD so I can watch all the episodes.

You dodge a question like a character dodges a punch on Mortal Kombat.-IceJJFish

I loved Miami Vice. One of the greatest shows of all time.

--------------------------------
dies ist meine unterschrift

A perfect fusion of style, music, good stories, good acting and then the wheels fell off! The movie was a mistake in my opinion.

Love MV! I use to have posters of Don Johnson in my room back in the day.