Teen Films : Have you ever given a teen film your highest and/or lowest grade?

Have you ever given a teen film your highest and/or lowest grade?

And what about other genres?

-I've never given my highest to: Anime; biography; coming of age; dance; disaster; dystopian; epic; exploitation; found footage; martial arts; mockumentary; monster; parody; road; sports; spy; stoner; swashbuckler; sword and sandal; western.

-I've never given my lowest to: Anime; coming of age; dance; martial arts; mockumentary; road; swashbuckler.

Re: Have you ever given a teen film your highest and/or lowest grade?

Does The Breakfast Club count? It is a 5-stars film in my book.

It does count. Did you give it a 9 or a 10?

Last time I watched it, I gave it a 9.

Me too!

The Breakfast club is my favourite film, it's by no means the best film I've seen but it holds such great memories that it will always be my number one, I still watch it at least 2-3 times a year.
When I was a kid I wanted to be John Bender lol

The teen genre includes some of my favorite movies of all time. 'Back to the Future', 'Breakfast Club', 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off', and 'Dazed and Confused' are all 10 stars for me. 'Can't Hardly Wait' and 'Perks of Being a Wallflower' were 9/10. 'Adventures in Babysitting', 'Pretty in Pink' and 'Sixteen Candles' are 8/10.

The day Chuck Norris dies is the day the world ends.

PRETTY IN PINK: 6/10
16 CANDLES; FERRIS BUELLER'S DAY OFF; THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER: 7/10
BACK TO THE FUTURE (is that really a teen film?), THE BREAKFAST CLUB: 9/10

I don't know about BttF being a teen movie. A couple of other users referred to it as that so I just went with it.

Interesting. I mean, it's about a teen helping a teen to make a teen fall for him while having to deal with a bully teen. However, movies with similar stories focus on how events like that affect teens on an emotional level. The ultimate goal of this movie is for MARTY to not prevent his own birth.

Yeah, I'm not saying it was accurate. First and foremost, BttF is a science fiction adventure comedy. It happens to involve teenagers in the central plot.

I completely disagreed with it being a teen film until I just read that, thinking about it now, it couldn't be More of a teen film if it tried.