Drama : Best crying, distraught, desperate, begging, sad scene?

Best crying, distraught, desperate, begging, sad scene?

Can someone recommend me some extremely realistic desperate/crying/begging scenes? Basically a scene that combines all or one or two of those elements.

Thanks in advance, appreciate it!

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee160/pointbreak67/angelina-jolie-w anted-car-03-1.jpg

Re: Best crying, distraught, desperate, begging, sad scene?

The most realistic desperate crying scene I have ever seen is
the one in Sophie's Choice where the little daughter is carried away by the nazi. The little girl's crying is SO heartbreaking and realistic - probably because her terror is legitimate (i.e. not acting). And the context of the scene rips your heart out.

The final scene in Dancer in the Dark. Bjork's performance is so believable and intence.

That film is incredible, and will stay with you long after it's over.

The scene in "The Color Purple" when Mister is making Celie's sister leave the house. I get teary eyed every time.

I was really moved by Leonardo DiCaprio's scene at the end of "The Basketball Diaries" where he asks his mother for money, then completely turns on her and begins to beg her and weep outside her apartment - it makes me really sad.

*~.life...has no opposite.*~

I'll prob. get backlash for this but,

Kirsten Dunst in Crazy/Beautiful one scene when her dad walks away from her.

mystic river wen sean penns tryin 2 c his daughters body......i was sobbin like a baby

I agree with the final scene of Dancer In The Dark.
It was so unexpected and truly heartbreaking.

From Sophie Scholl-The Final DaysWhen Sophie's sentence is read and she is alone in the room and screams because she knows her unavoidable fate

"I'm very smart and very modern.That's all you need to know about me."~Far and Away

Wind Chill (2007)

End of MILK

Yes I agree with--maddylangham. John Turturo in Miller's Crossing begging for his life. Scene contains all the elements listed--except maybe sad. Really more pathetic than sad.
And Sophie's Choice.

Then there is Marlon Brando in Streetcar Named Desire "Stellaaa!!"

I was really moved by Leonardo DiCaprio's scene at the end of "The Basketball Diaries" where he asks his mother for money, then completely turns on her and begins to beg her and weep outside her apartment - it makes me really sad.

I think DiCaprio is brilliant and heartbreaking in that scene...hands down, thes best scene in the movie.

The scene in "The Color Purple" when Mister is making Celie's sister leave the house. I get teary eyed every time.

I LOVE that scene.

Ashley Judd in Kiss the Girls.

Roman Polanski: The original five foot pole you don't want to touch anyone with.

Marlon Brando in On the Waterfront

Washed up, ex-boxer, now pug and stooge, Marlon Brando takes Eva Marie Saint to a bar where he attemps to make an emotioal connection with her. The despair and pain in Brando's eyes when she offers what is probably the first sign of sympathy he has ever known in his brutal life is one of the greatest images of desperation in screen history . No histrionics or false tears, just raw, naked agony encased in the body of the greatest American actor of the second half of the 20th Century.

First scene that comes to mind for me is Leonardo DiCaprio's brilliant performance outside of his mom's locked door near the end of THE BASKETBALL DIARIES, where he's trying to get her to let him in and give her some money.

The last five minutes or so of 'Thirteen' you feel Evan Rachel Woods pain as she sobs as her mother tries to hold her.

I'm superstitious. Before I start a new movie, I kill a hobo with a hammer-Gwyneth Paltrow

I don't know if this is what your going for but, my 2 fav movies are Indecent Proposal (the scene where Woody Harrelson chases after Demi when shes boarding the jet, and at the end when hes trying to talk to her)-those scenes and then entire movie are incredible. And the movie Closer (Natalie Portman, Clive Owen, ect.)-the enitre end is so heartjerking and well acted. But you probably need to like romance movies at least a little for those.

Another very sad and disturbing movie is Lilya 4 Ever. Also, Jude with Kate Winslet, Great Expectations, Boys Don't Cry, Seven Pounds, The Machinist, Personal Effects, and Martyrs.

Hope this helps and good luck!

I'm surprised no one has said Al Pacino in The Godfather part 3 after his daughter is shot and killed.
Will Smith in I Am Legend was good in the scene in the video store.

Trainspotting... When the mother is screaming when she finds her dead baby in the crib.

"You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one." Imagine John Lennon

!!!!WARNING:SOME SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!

(These scenes portray different extremes of what your looking for,ranging from
numb silence to outright hysteria.)

A Beautiful Mind-Alicia's outburst in the bathroom,along with John's much
quieter reaction in the bedroom.(An interesting juxtaposition of the two
extremes in the same scene.)
Shutter Island-Teddy at the lake.
Cold Mountain-Sarah hysterically pleading with the soldiers.
The Patriot-Benjamin weeping over Gabriel's body.
Gladiator-Maximus discovers his family's fate.
Revolutionary Road-Frank when he's told about April.
Steel Magnolias-M'Lynn at the cemetery.
Brokeback Mountain-Ennis at his final meeting with Jack.

All I can think of right now.

Imitation of Life- When the estranged white daughter shows up out of nowhere wailing and throws herself at her black mother's casket in the funeral procession. And the mother trying so hard all of her life to please her daughter who wanted nothing to do with her. So sad.

21 Grams - when Naomi Watts is told that her husband and daughters have died in a car accident

Tomorrow is never enough.

Sean Penn - Mystic River
Sophie's Choice

http://www.youtube.com/user/Morgana0x

Here some of them from my opinion
Hachi: A Dog's Tale (2009)
Everybody's Fine (2009)(Might let you in tears at the end)
Barfi! (2012)an Hindi movie
The Lake House (2006) (not much in the way you asking)
Marley & Me (2008)
Remember Me (2010)
The Bucket List (2007)
Like Stars on Earth (2007)an Hindi movie
A Walk to Remember (2002)

Bright Star

"The Lace-Maker" (la dentelliere) by Claude Goretta (1974 or 1977?). The end of this film is very tragic. But when all pictures are shown, a text is shown in letters. I know of no other movie, and no other part of this movie, in which so many girls have cried loud, as in relation to this text. I am male, but I would have done the same thing, if I had not strained my muscles around my eyes to a maximum, to prevent crying in public.

A very tragic end of a movie is found in "Sundays and Cybèle" by Serge Bourgignon, released in the first half of the 1960s.

The ending to Dekalog Jeden is the saddest crying scene I've ever seen.

----

The darker the shadow, the more radiant the light it beams.

The Piano - A heart-breaking film with a fantastic (Oscar winning) performance by Holly Hunter. There's one scene in particular that has all the things you're looking for.

Vera Farmiga's last scene in Boy in the Striped Pajamas

Jennifer Connelly's scene in the bathroom in A Beautiful Mind

Previously I suggested "The Lace-Maker", a long sequence of scenes moving toward the end.

I have also suggested "Sundays and Cybèle". Most of the movie is not tragic, and most of the scenes are even warm and beautiful. Here again it is the end that is so incredibly tragic.

Now I shall suggest a recent movie, "Blue is the Warmest Colour". Many would agree that this is the best Lesbian movie ever made. Once more it is the end (or the second half) that is so incredibly tragic. The three essential girls are Adèle (16 at the beginning of the movie), Emma (28, and with blue hair), and Lise (no age mentioned but the real actress is one year younger than Emma). Adèle's first experience is that a female schoolmate gives her real sexual kisses, and Adèle gives intensive emotional responses. But the next day the schoolmate apologises and says, it was just a whim. A few days later Adèle will have her first intercourse with a male schoolmate. It was wonderful, but nevertheless something was missing. It is when Emma finds Adèle that a real love relation emerges. We will see many highly explicit sex scenes.

In the title is also included "Chapter 1 and 2". So far I have only described chapter 1. But at a certain point Emma changes her attitude to Adèle. She treats her like a maid. At a party Adèle makes and serves all the food (as she also does every day), but Emma hardly notes her presence. When Adèle wants sex, Emma says she has menstruation. Both Emma and Lise are painters. Emma will often be at Lise's residence. She says they are working with a very important project. This may well be true {{but it is far from improbable that they also have sex}} [No, I have changed my mind. Today I do not believe that Emma had sex with others during her relation to Adèle. But Emma had so much job with arranging. But the exhibition she is preparing takes all her time and energy so she is hardly talking to Adèle. At the time of the end of the movie Emma and Lise are indeed living together for quite a few years, and at the start of this relation Lise has just born a daughter. Emma says that she stays mainly because of the daughter. And Lise often behave as if she was the mother of both.

Chapter two begins when Adèle is treated as no more than a maid. She is intensely tormented by her continual loneliness. And finally she sleeps with a few times with a boy. Emma becomes furious and immediately throws her out in the most brutal way. For years, and when the movie ends Adèle will will continue to love Emma.

It would be difficult to find movies that are equally tragic, either in the end or during a longer part (though never in the she first half).

Previously I suggested "The Lace-Maker", a long sequence of scenes moving toward the end.

I have also suggested "Sundays and Cybèle". Most of the movie is not tragic, and most of the scenes are even warm and beautiful. Here again it is the end that is so incredibly tragic.

Now I shall suggest a recent movie, "Blue is the Warmest Colour". Many would agree that this is the best Lesbian movie ever made. Once more it is the end (or maybe as much as the second half) that is so incredibly tragic. The three essential girls are Adèle (16 at the beginning of the movie), Emma (28, and with blue hair), and Lise (no age mentioned but the real actress is one year younger than Emma). Her first experience is that a female schoolmate gives her real sexual kisses, and Adèle intense emotional responses. But the next day the schoolmate apologises and says, it was just a whim. A few days later will have her first intercourse with a male schoolmate. It was wonderful, but nevertheless something was missing. It is when Emma finds her that a real love relation emerges. We will see many most explicit sex scenes.

In the title is also included "Chapter 1 and 2". So far I have only described chapter 1. But at a certain point Emma changes her attitude to Adèle. She treats her like a maid. At a party Adèle makes and serves all the food (as she also does every day), but Emma hardly notes her presence. When Adèle wants sex, Emma says she has menstruation. Both Emma and Lise are painters. Emma will often be at Lise's residence. She says they are working with a very important project. This may well be true, but it is far from improbable that they also have sex. At the time of the end of the movie Emma and Lise are indeed living together for quite a few years, and at the start of this relation Lise has just born a daughter. Emma says that she stays mainly because of the daughter. And Lise often behaves as if she was the mother of both.

Chapter two begins when Adèle is treated as no more than a maid. She is intensely tormented by her continual loneliness. And finally she sleeps with a few times with a boy. Emma becomes furious and immediately throws her out in the most brutal way. For years, and when the movie ends Adèle will continue to love Emma.

It would be difficult to find movies that are equally tragic, either in the end or during a longer part (though never in the she first half).

A DVD will be availaible at amazon from 17th March (evidently not from 14th February, as some internet text promised.

Solo (2013/I)- Gillian pleading for help on the walkie-talkie, after finding Marty missing.

Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1994)- New Orleans Whore pleading for her life.

Volker Flenske: (While torturing David) I don't know why you're doing this to yourself!

1.My Left Foot, when his mother try to build a room for him and tell him that he broke her heart.
2.Kramer vs. Kramer, final scene.
3.Sophie Scholl: The Final Days, when they tell her that she is going to get executed and she doesn't have 90 day and she scream.
4.They Shoot Horses, Don't They?, final scene.
5.Lilya 4-Ever, scene that her mother left her behind and go to America.
6.Schindler's List, when Jew engineer explaining why they should take down the current foundation and Amon Goeth says she should be killed.

I should mention that it's hard to remember a particular scene, especially when you've watched it a long time ago, at any rate, here's the movies that was sad but I don't remember a particular scene:
The Lives of Others
Letter from an Unknown Woman
Cries & Whispers
The Piano Teacher
Another Earth
My Life Without Me
Dancer in the dark

For your consideration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4jXcOyYy0U

"Professor Marvel never guesses - he knows!"

I can really provide what is most probably more extreme than all other suggestion, viz. in the lesbian movie Blue Is the Warmest Colour, original title: "Adèle's History, Chapter 1 & 2", directed by Adellatif Kechiche. Starring Adèle Exarchopoulos (Adèle) and Lea Seydoux (Emma).

The scene when the love relation breaks, almost in the middle of the movie. This scene is all of what you want: an extremely realistic desperate/ crying/ begging scene.

Adèle's experiences are viewed for more than the three of her following years. There is a good chance that she will never cease to love Emma, and that she will never have any good relation, whether with boys or girls.

I see that I have in all posted 5 messages apart from this one. But all are not fully appropriate. Cybèle is no doubt extremely desperate and extremely crying; and I would also say that this scene is realistic. But she is not begging. She was actually sleeping when the police shot her only friend.

The lace-maker’s pet name is “Pomme”. She is a pupil learning ladies’ hair dressing. Francois is a student of poetry and other subjects that would him a good chance to choose between several related professions. They fall in love. Pomme has a much more realistic view than Francois. She is doing the dry-cleaning of his cloths. If she had not done this, they could not have afforded to go to the cinema. Pomme is right in thinking that Francois should first take his degree.

And – I say – since she must continue her job as a hair dressing pupil (and maybe eventually a hair dresser), it is reasonable that she should have as much pleasure from it as possible. It is silly when Francois despises her profession and wants her to despise it too, and wants her to have the same interest as he has.

Francois does not give her any help to move on to “his level”. Several scenes mirror his deficient sense of reality. He just run over a street to the opposite pavement. Pomme is afraid of the cars and makes many abortive attempts. Francois is just standing on the opposite side. He is shaking from irritability. It would never occur to him to take Pomme’s hand and lead her over the street.
Pomme goes in book shops and looks. But she has no one to help her.

And rather soon Francois just abandons her and drives her home to her mother.

Pomme does not beg and she does not cry in Francois’s presence, though she soon becomes so sick that she must enter a psychiatric hospital.

When Francois makes a single visit to the hospital, he needs to have two friends with him in the car to “comfort” him. And after the visit he is the one who is crying – not on Pomme’s behalf but on his own. Instead Pomme zealously tries to comfort him. She claims (altogether falsely) that she had later had other boyfriends.

I thoroughly despise Francois. I was happy when some user wrote “You and Pomme seem to be made for each other”. Yes, I would have read novels for her, starting with such ones as “Huckleberry Finn” and “Oliver Twist”

In the late 1970s the general population would still love such movies as “The Lace-Maker” and “Sundays and Cybèle”.

But “Blue is the warmest colour” is the only movie I can recall that satisfy all your wanted characters.