Commercials/Advertising : Christmas Commercials that air Every Year

Christmas Commercials that air Every Year

Some I can think of

That Hershey's Kisses Bells Commercial
That Campbell's commercial where the snowman melts to reveal a boy
That commercial with the sleeping babies while a woman sings "Silent Night"

There used to be a Folger's commercial where a guy named Peter returns home but I don't know if that commercial still airs or not.

Re: Christmas Commercials that air Every Year

Does Santa still ride that Norelco electric shaver over the snowdrifts ("Noelco: Even our name says 'Merry Christmas'")?

I'm not crying, you fool, I'm laughing!

Hewwo.

I don't think they still show that one.

M&Ms / Santa (HE/THEY DO EXIST!)

**~Not my circus, not my monkeys...~**

I'm surprised the Hershey one still plays, it's about 20 years old now and I'm sure the ONLY commercial that old that's still airing.

Not still but a couple years ago I was surprised to see they likewise replayed the 'N-E-S-T-L-E-S, Nestles make the very best' with the singing dogs, "choooocolate, *chomp*", that's also 20+ years old.

The Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds commercial first aired in 1991 and they still show it...and she is dead!

Glad you mentioned that, because every time I see that commercial I think, I thought she was dead?, guess not!" and then forget to look it up.

Ephemeron.

There's a commercial for Riviera Upholstery that dates back to the 80's. It may be local, but you'd think if they're still around they could afford to produce something for this century. I wouldn't be surprised if the woman in the commercial has passed on like Elizabeth Taylor.

I'm surprised the Hershey one still plays, it's about 20 years old now and I'm sure the ONLY commercial that old that's still airing.

That one does not air again. The one you watch now is a subtle remake.

I read it was the same, just remastered.

"I'd rather lose for what I am than win for what I ain't"

Kacey Musgraves "Pageant Material"

Are Christmas Commercials as endearing as those from the 80's and early 90's? I don't really watch TV anymore, but when I do, they usually have a lot of commercials. From what I've seen, they just don't seem that heartwarming...

if they are LIKABLE that is fine, if they suck donkey balls or are inappropriate, they can go.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/femail/video-1141019/Santa-Baby-Pregnant-women-dance-KMart-Christmas-commercial.html

this is absolutely disgusting.

Reading the paper can really be depressing. Mr. Dithers fired Dagwood again.

Budweiser Clydesdales pulling wagon in the snow with people humming in background. The whistling "Oh Christmas Tree" and the lighting of the palm tree in the Corona commercial. I remember both of those as a kid and I am 41.

Coca Cola - I Like to Teach the World to Sing. I think they played it recently again.

Instagram: @a_lovely_pair_of_glasses

The Werther's Original Caramels folks seem to get a lot of mileage out of their TV ads by using the same ones over again around Christmas time. Naturally, they pass the savings in their advertising budget on to you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xeW9ankPuk

History

The candy brand is named after the town of Werther in Westphalia, where the company was founded in 1903. From 1969, the sweet was marketed under the brand name Werthers Echte. The brand name Werther's Original was adopted in the 1990s for the international market. They are now manufactured nearby, in Halle.

Product

The original Werther's Echte was a caramel-flavoured hard candy. Later variants included chewy toffees, and a soft, waxy form which melts easily inside the mouth called "Caramelts". A variant with chocolate filling is also available, as well as three sugarless variants that use isomalt as a sugar substitute: the original caramel flavour, a caramel coffee swirl and a caramel mint swirl. A product available in the United Kingdom is "Werther's Chocolate", a dark and milk chocolate with butterscotch running through it, sold in the same packaging and wrappers as Werther's Originals.
Commercials

TV advertisements in Germany and the United Kingdom from around 1997 featured an old man offering Werther's caramel to his grandson. The grandfather in the first United Kingdom adverts spoke with an American accent, but was later localised to Received Pronunciation. The actor Arnold Peters appeared in them.[3] In the ads aired in the United States, TV actor Robert Rockwell played the kind-hearted grandfather. An adaptation was later produced for the Japanese market.

One British advert consisted of a montage of the grandfather and grandson bonding together (for example, pointing at animals out of train windows). The lyrics of the song which accompanied this ended: "When one who loves you says to you: You're someone very special too."
-- from WIKIPEDIA (so it must be true)

"Talk amongst yourselves." ~ Linda Richman

Bump. Anyone see any old ones? Just the Corona Feliz Navidad here.

the Hershey bells one is still happening.

the campbells soup of the snowman coming inside the house and sitting down to eat soup. it melts into a little boy about the age of 10.

the m and m's they do exist!

the palm tree in christmas lights -- my absolute fave even though it is promoting expensive piss in a glass bottle.

Oh God. Fortune vomits on my eiderdown once more.

I haven't seen the campbells ad yet this season, but I wonder how old that kid is now.

And I certainly hope we're allowed to like a commercial without liking the product, because there are a lot of good ads for really bad beers.

I believe I saw a commercial for either Buick or Lexus with the cars as gift ideas that was recycled without even updating the cars.

Not exactly a Christmas commercial, but it's been airing as of late... The White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor ad gets air time right around December.

Does the Fruity Pebbles one still air? Basically, the commercial is 30+ years old, but I know that in the past several years, they changed Fred's line from "Merry Christmas, pal." To, "Happy holidays, pal." to be "politically correct".