Commercials/Advertising : Disturbing trend I just don't get

Disturbing trend I just don't get

1.Mr. and Mrs. Potato head eat potato chips (and it's their secret, sweetie!)
2.The piece of cereal that eats everyone else, over and over again.

Cannibalism doesn't make me all that hungry. Not sure who thought this was a good idea.

Re: Disturbing trend I just don't get

Oh no!

Must have missed that awful, horrid trash
Thanks for the alert

Bad enough they keep slipping in
that horrid, fugly progressive trainwreck

Right
Cannibalism has no place in civilised countries
Bad enough they have it in heathen terrorist places
no place for that on TV!

⪠Not even Mad Scientists
get it right every time

I've noticed this trend as well.
Koolaid is getting fairly close with their new ad.
Koolaid Man: "People get freaked out when you drink from your own head"
Not to mention his line is: "I'm just like everyone else, I put my pants on ONE leg at a time" BUT he doesn't. When he chooses his color BOTH legs change at the same time. Yes, it's nit picking but it bugs me..

Side note:
These dancing/talking/cannibal cereal commercials make me wonder how many young children are playing with their food or refusing to eat it, expecting it to come alive..

People in life that are the happiest don't have the most, they make the most of what they have...

Merriam-Webster defines "sick" (humor) as...

4b: highly distasteful, macabre, sadistic <sick jokes>

... so I guess it's a matter of taste. Although I am not a big fan of the "Hannibal" TV series,

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2243973/combined

I can appreciate the good acting, special effects, set design, scripts, artistic closeups of questionable cuisine, etc. on the show and therefore I suppose I'm guilty by association for thinking that the concept of cannibalism is just so bizarre that it can be entertaining in a "sick" kind of way. I do watch it occasionally.

Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head can eat all the chips they want. It's fine with me as long as they are discrete about it.

"Talk amongst yourselves." ~ Linda Richman

I guess I'm weird, I like the cereal and Potato-Head commercials.

"There will be blood. Oh, yes! There will be blood."-Jigsaw; "Saw II"

2.The piece of cereal that eats everyone else, over and over again. - cmfalf

He could be a cereal killer.

------------------
"The past is never dead. It's not even past." - William Faulkner

Since Mr. and Mrs. Potatohead are made of plastic and only slightly resemble actual potatoes I don't see what the problem is with the characters eating potato products. It would be like people eating gingerbread men cookies. Ok, slightly creepy but nothing more.

TAG LINE: True genius is a beautiful thing, but ignorance is ugly to the bone.

The original Mr. Potatohead was a real potato. I can understand where the OP is coming from.

I get what you're saying also. Lots of creepy ads lately. The M&M's commercials with their fear of being eaten? Shudder. On one of them, it seems like they edited the ending because it used to have the M&M screaming in horror at the end.

Sign here X________

2.The piece of cereal that eats everyone else, over and over again.

Those pieces of cereal remind me of the Minions... Not saying the Minions are cannibals, but the mannerisms between the two are similar.

I don't find either of them all that interesting.

M&M's did a really funny cannibalism reference about ten years ago:

I think there were three of them: Regular, Peanut, and Peanut Butter, and they were eating from bags of regular, peanut, and peanut butter M&Ms, respectively. The actor walked in on them and asked: "You eat you own kind?" Regular, Peanut and Peanut Butter look at each other, shrug, and proceed to exchange bags. The actor takes them away. "No. Gimme the bags. It's just WRONG..."

- HOW kin I be so brainless, when I is so smart?

I know it's not cannibalism but I can't stand those Pop Tarts commercials.

"I'd rather lose for what I am than win for what I ain't"

Kacey Musgraves "Pageant Material"

What gets me about the Pop-Tarts commercial is the French poodle talking with the Southern U.S. dialect.

Annoying the world since 1960!

I can't stand those either.

In the same vein, Mr. Peanut has a visible wound from a prior violent encounter with Mr. Richard Nutcracker whom Mr. P does not forgive and no longer trusts. You could argue that the wooden utensil was merely following his natural instinct albeit he is slightly confused because peanuts are technically legumes and usually don't require the services of a professional shell crusher.

At least Richard is not a cannibal who kills and eats other nutcrackers. That would be disturbing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkWhmN995xE

"Talk amongst yourselves." ~ Linda Richman

Reeses has one now where a peanut butter cup chomps some Reeses Pieces that are sitting on top of it then they split the cup open and show the pieces inside.