Commercials/Advertising : Most Annoying Current TV Ads

Re: Most Annoying Current TV Ads

Best Foods with Olive Oil at the Fire Station

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl4taKjULH4

Hellmann's with Olive Oil at the Fire Station

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bYXAS0XxFs

"Hey, whaddaya tryin' ta pull? Dat ain't no #X!&$@8#2%! mayo on dis here boneless #X!&$@8#2%! skinless chicken breast!"

That commercial is so damn funny that I forgot to laugh.

"Talk amongst yourselves." ~ Linda Richman

I am confused with this. Why would they make the exact same commercial for two different brands? Is this real, or is it just a demo reel for a marketing agency? I assume so as that one guy portrays it in a somewhat negative light. There is no way that I would send this to a perspective client.

Do you really want a parade for mayonnaise? Olive Oyl or not, mayonnaise is too bland for my tastes. I would almost rather eat lard for the fat content then touch mayonnaise. I do not believe Olive Oyl would do much for the flavour deficit of mayonnaise, and I am certain it would not do anything to change the fat content either.

I do not know what type of oil one would normally use to make mayonnaise. This may be a marketing gimmick. As far as I know, Olive Oyl has always been utilised in the production of mayonnaise.

I am confused with this. Why would they make the exact same commercial for two different brands? Is this real, or is it just a demo reel for a marketing agency? I assume so as that one guy portrays it in a somewhat negative light. There is no way that I would send this to a perspective client.

Do you really want a parade for mayonnaise?

It's the identical mayo aimed at separate regions of the planet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellmann's_and_Best_Foods

I just learned something. I am a bit baffled, but as I do not ingest mayonnaise, I will never do a taste test to find out. I did not realise that mayonnaise has a serious following. I can say that I am sympathetic to their predicament. If they are truly two different styles, then why not sell them side by side instead of just regionally? People move from time to time. The supply chain would not exactly brake down because of this. Why deny someone their favourite mayonnaise just because they must relocate to a different area, especially if you are introducing new versions of the stuff? Does this mean a national restaurant chain has to have two different brands in different markets, or are these just two mid-level brands that are not considered for restaurants? That would certainly interfere with quality control.

If the products are the same, then a well meaning name change and marketing campaign might be in order. A taste test challenge not unlike the Pepsi challenge should work.

I am left with more questions then I intended. I do not even eat mayonnaise. Until I posted my previous message, I did not even know how to spell mayonnaise.

...mayonnaise has a serious following. I can say that I am sympathetic to their predicament. If they are truly two different styles, then why not sell them side by side instead of just regionally? People move from time to time. The supply chain would not exactly brake down because of this. Why deny someone their favourite...

The formal turn of phrase and Canadian/U.K. spelling of the word "favourite" suggest that the author was not born in the U.S.A.

Hellman's and Best Foods are as well-known as Coke and Pepsi and probably don't even need to be advertised. Brand loyalty dictates separate labels although the contents of the jars are exactly the same.

This particular ad is attempting to push the supposedly heart-healthy olive oil component. What annoys me is the obnoxious actor who looks into the camera and explains why, out of gratitude and concern, he has tricked the fire fighters into eating something that will be less likely to cause cardiac arrest.

I've got nothing against mayo either with or without olive oil. It's that idiotic commercial that I can't stand. I always lunge for my remote whenever it raises its ugly head on tube ("telly" across the pond?) and switch channels.

TRIVIA: Those crazy Belgians prefer mayonnaise on their french fries rather than ketchup.

For me, it's the new Direct TV ad, with the puppets.

It's almost as idiotic as the Geico Insurance taste test.

Any commercial that really thinks I want to see anyone's armpits! Yuck!

the stupid 'quiet our baby is sleeping while we are shopping for cell phones!' commercial!

smores commercial from dairy queen

the ew-nay eico-gay ommercial-cay.. ith-way the ig-pay attin-lay eaking-spay
ut-shay the uck-fay up-ay

any commercial that advertises something nowhere near NYC!! [you'd be surprised]

OH THANK YOU GOD! THANK YOU SO BLOODY MUCH!!! Basil Fawlty

So many of them at the moment. The first one is the Nutrisystem commercial with Marie Osmond. " I looked in the mirror one day and saw the truth. I was 50 pounds overweight. That was a rough day." Yeah Marie, I am so sure that you never realized you were overweight until one day it just hit you out of nowhere that you let 50 pounds creep up on you. 50. The second would be the ATT uverse commercial. This couple is so annoying. "I was just thinking that I would love to have a tv package that fits into our life with a great price...and then out of nowhere, there was this uverse tv deal." Yep, I am sure it was that big of a coincidence. And ugh, at the end. "That was me hon." She is soooo annoying. There is also this one, and I can't remember the name of the product right off, of a diet pill and my goodness, where on earth did they find these women? One of them looks like she is drunk off her rocker and she is like "when the fatttt started shedding offff, my husband say, look at chuuuu!" Another women is like "the product really works. it does. it does." Well, I think that second "it does" kinda made me start to question whether you are telling the truth or not.

I've gone along with the Aldi funny gran and kids comparison ads with what seem to be non actors being told what to say seconds before they say it, but the recent one with the man whose chair reclines and he spills his pint on himself is so badly done and then his line seems as if it's been said the wrong way.

'Do I not like that'
it's just wrong, wrong, wrong and really annoys me.

The fabric softener bubble monster at Glastonbury is cute but the gurgling noise he makes reminds me of someone I knew throwing up and it makes me wretch. I have to mute it when it comes on.

The recent tampon ad at a concert where she's sat on someone's shoulders wriggling to the music. I know it's to show she's not worried about leaks or smells but if I was a guy and I had someone on my shoulders who was on their monthly I wouldn't really want her there if you know what I mean. It's taking tampon ads to a squirming limit.

I would say the tire commercial where a woman with short term memory problems runs over a spike in the road. I would have thought that the PC police would have been all over that one. I am not usually the one to complain about something going too far, but it is pretty distasteful to make fum of the mentally ill like that.

I wouldn't want someone like that driving in normal conditions, let alone when there is a possibility that she could have severe tire failure within the next 50 miles. I am not certain what message they were trying to convey with this one, but it is not pleasant in any way. It was pretty much a fail. I cannot remember brand or type, sorry.

It came on again. The name is Bridgestone Drive Guard.

RC Willey exploiting the consumer culture where everything is disposable:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOLxDiPSdbc

Lady A is an empty-nester whose dining room table is too big

Lady B has a growing family and needs something bigger.

Logic would tell you they should trade furniture, but how does RC Willey make money that way.

Any of the Honda commercials with the annoying dealers. They try so hard to be funny and they're just dumb.

Now I vote for that Dish Network ad with the little girl screaming about missing her little pony show; anyone unleashes such a rage-inducing frequency in my presence, and I will beat them senseless...

"...And on this farm he had an igloo..."

Dairy Queen's "Allen" #annoyingcustomer is b-a-a-a-c-k!

He look's like a guy who got a lot of wedgies in junior high. Apparently eating D.Q. food causes homeliness instead of obesity in some cases.

NOTE: At least one of the links should work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LssXLzN-PUQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4-6qjLe8Kk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8VTiyVCzHE

Boom! Wink!

What is he...a suicide bomber having his last meal?

Get a life, jackass. Nobody wants to watch a closeup of you eating chicken on TV.

The Sonic commercials. Those two guys must be the most annoying pair ever on TV.

I'm tired of the Sonic guys, but I'm sick of the Popeye's lady. She's been at it a lot longer and is very annoying. I just thought she was okay in the beginning and that she wouldn't be considered endearing enough to last long, but she has. She tries to be cute and funny sometimes, but has anyone ever even cracked a smile at her? I haven't. I'm sure she's good to know personally, but just giving that impression doesn't make a good regular commercial spokesperson.

Progressive's Flo might have many people sick of her, but I haven't gotten to that point with her yet. I think the Popeye's lady was around before her too, and is probably the longest-running current commercial spokesperson. Subway wised up and finally moved on from Jared, so why can't the others move on too? I would just use a person for 2 years, go on to something different and maybe bring the person back later for a brief series.

Bill Gates was here 👉 X

Jack Box of Jack in the Box has been around since the early 90's.

I LIVE for 80's Horror!

Long live October 31st
So sayeth, the Kings of Halloween

Ouch! Better get Premarin.

They look so sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At6DTubBrW0

Nobody ever told high school girls in 1960-70s sex education classes that intercourse would become painful in middle age. This is obviously an evil conspiracy. Sorry ladies.

All I can do is to suggest the K-Y website: http://www.k-y.com/

Re: Ouch! Better get Premarin.

The Liberty Mutual commercials. Like they just discovered that new cars depreciate.

The Liberty Mutual commercials. Like they just discovered that new cars depreciate.

I thought that it was somewhat common knowledge that cars depreciate the most once you drive them off the lot.

Although, considering the average intelligence levels of car insurance companies combined with even less intelligent ad executives, I'm honestly not surprised this one slipped through.

I'm getting sick of these stupid Rob Lowe ads from Directv.

Anybody else?

I have blah-blah insurance...person come help.

Arghhhhh!!!!!!!!

ohmyfinggodheissofreakingrude!!!!!

and on a desolate road this twit can't keep his eye on the road??? seriously!

hey grandma! dad, look who it is
I see who it is!
six callers ahead of us, jimmy!
you're not helping!

he is rude to his son and his mother!!! and his son is so cute, waving to the state farm lady!

OH THANK YOU GOD! THANK YOU SO BLOODY MUCH!!! Basil Fawlty

Oh my God. Agreed SO much! Absolutely DESPISE those commercials. The absolute worst one is with those two f_uckin nimrods in the car who scream like idiots.

"Ahh! D-do-do the jingle! Do the jingle! The jingle!"

"Likeagoodneighborstatefarmisthere"

"Hi boys."

"AHHHH!!!"

GRRR!! Shut the F_UCK UP! Get off my television. Thank God for the 'mute' button.

---
"D...uhhh ASTROTURF!! You know who's responsible for that, dontcha?! The Jews!"

The more recent Toyota commercials - not so much the commercials themselves, but the jingle in them which blatantly rips off Subway's "Eat Fresh" jingle. Makes me think Toyota should have someone singing "Toyota, drive fresh!" to the jingle. Listen for yourself here:
https://youtu.be/efBS-6gjY0I

Tim (aka the Slipperman)
---------
I <3 Rina-chan

The Geico lizard ad where he's wailing about "Somebody help me......!!!!" or whatever he says. UGH! Had enough of this lizard like people have had enough of Progressive Flo.

...man, dan, san fran, hand...

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7i3y/dreyers-frozen-custard-not-ice-cream

Wow! Some genius at Dreyer's managed to find several words that rhyme with "man" in this particularly irritating commercial. Brilliant! That moron ad writer could be our next Poet Laureate.

Before it was explained to me in free verse, I was certain that I was looking at an ice cream cone. Boy, was I wrong!

Breyers is better anyway.

Didn't they cancel the Rob Lowe DirecTV commercials?

they have some other people doing it. eli manning... I hate his cable persona.

and randy moss... I like his cable persona.

Reading the paper can really be depressing. Mr. Dithers fired Dagwood again.

Didn't they cancel the Rob Lowe DirecTV commercials?

Yes, thank God...

But they kept the ad campaign going. They just replaced Rob. At least these new commercials are refreshing and have a little bit more substance to their quality of entertainment.

Back to Flo - the recent spots with her family, all played by Stephanie Courtney (who is no Eddie Murphy).

The advert for Kathy coming back to Eastenders

Currently for me (Sept 2015)

The Geico "Its what you do" ads.

The NFL Direct TV ads that follow the Rob Lowe/Creepy Rob Lowe format "Hi I'm Tony Romo and I have DirectTV" "And I'm Artsy Craftsy Tony Romo and I have cable." UGH.

"Snag it, Bag it, Tag it!" ~ WAREHOUSE 13

The Toyota Corolla commercial with the amateur astronomer chasing a comet, then he misses it when he bends over at the wrong time. First of all, any astronomer would know when and which way to look. Second, comets don't travel that fast.

That sounds like an old Miller Light commercial with Bob Uecker.

One more for us Texans: The Texan Plus Medicare Advantage Plan commercial. They say you have to choose your 'Part C' plan. Part C is Medicare Advantage, and you don't have to choose one. You can choose regular Medicare and a Medicare Supplement plan. This commercial is very misleading.

Any ad featuring that fat, lazy, bearded, professional slob, Adam Lisagor is extremely annoying. He looks something like a young Sebastian Cabot ("Family Affair" 1966). The self-described non-actor can be seen currently ad nauseam in a lame CenturyLink campaign that showcases his competitive eating skills.

If I could afford it, I would shoot out my TV screen every time he rears his chubby face. Instead, I just hit my trusty remote.

One ad in the series starts out with his fruitcake "neighbor" wondering out loud what the definition of a "gig" is. Lisagor illustrates quick download speed by eating a large cookie in mere seconds. Please, go away tubby. Xfinity is a far better product and their ads generally don't bother me.

If Lisagor is trying to be a hipster, he should don an undersized fedora to further embellish his douche-bag persona.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUmzLyNkTZU

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Lisagor#Personal_life

http://mashable.com/2014/12/25/adam-lisagor/#LGOzf5iPCaqY

Oh, is that who that is? He looks like a cross between Jeremy Piven and Richard Karn. I hate those CenturyLink commercials too. "That stands for high definition. You probably knew that."

If that beer commercial has "The Most Interesting Man in the World," then Adam is certainly "The Most Boring Man in the World."

The current ads I take issue with are those for the Jet website that show the tops of people's heads exploding in a purple cloud. Yeah, I get that they're trying to say their whole thing is mind-blowing, but couldn't they have found a better way than people's heads literally exploding? It's stupid as hell and borderline creepy...

"...And on this farm he had an igloo..."

He looks like a cross between Jeremy Piven and Richard Karn.

Piven's "Mr. Selfridge" character may have been a deliberate or subconscious influence. I didn't want to flatter the pretentious jackass with a comparison to a fine actor. Those annoying ads seem to be popping up less often. Good riddance! CenturyLink should fire their advertising executive.

Damage Control?

Somebody at CenturyLink is trying to redeem their company's tarnished image by hiring a well-known actor to do some new TV spots. Nice effort but it may be too little and too late to erase the memory of those crappy, annoying ads from the public consciousness. Possibly, CEO Sue Anderson is in over her head.

http://seattlebusinessmag.com/sites/seattlebusinessmag.com/files/Sue%20Anderson%20thumb.JPG

Any ad featuring that fat, lazy, bearded, professional slob, Adam Lisagor is extremely annoying. He looks something like a young Sebastian Cabot ("Family Affair" 1966). The self-described non-actor can be seen currently ad nauseam in a lame CenturyLink campaign that showcases his competitive eating skills.

If I could afford it, I would shoot out my TV screen every time he rears his chubby face. Instead, I just hit my trusty remote.

One ad in the series starts out with his fruitcake "neighbor" wondering out loud what the definition of a "gig" is. Lisagor illustrates quick download speed by eating a large cookie in mere seconds. Please, go away tubby. Xfinity is a far better product and their ads generally don't bother me.

If Lisagor is trying to be a hipster, he should don an undersized fedora to further embellish his douche-bag persona.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUmzLyNkTZU

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Lisagor#Personal_life

http://mashable.com/2014/12/25/adam-lisagor/#LGOzf5iPCaqY

Paul Giamatti has replaced Adam Lisagor as the new face of CenturyLink and even makes fun of him by wearing a similar sweater. There is a God!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YB748GUPIc

Reds Apple Ale ALL of them.

There are commercials all over TV for "pain relieving" neck and back braces, targeted at seniors on Medicare. But the worst of this lot has the poorest animation since Clutch Cargo. It features a single drawing of a young pig-tailed girl, and a single drawing of a grandma in an easy chair with a bowl of soup on her lap and a cat laying on top of the chair. The only "animation" in these scenes is their flapping mouths. (At least Filmation cartoons had the characters' eyes blink. Not so here.) Then some graphics and live action in the middle of the spot. We return to the girl with the same drawing as before, then they show the grandma with one leg on a skateboard (again, a single drawing with flapping mouth), made to "move" in perspective with After Effects, in front of a background that looks like it was drawn by a 4-year-old, saying "Catch me if you can, kiddo!"

Oh, but it gets worse. There is another version of this spot, where the characters have been changed from white to black - and it uses the same voice track. They just changed the grandma's head to look more African American, and darkened the bodies, but the drawings are basically the same as in the "white" version.

What's a Redfin?

Is it similar to a bluefin tuna? This TV spot is fishy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ6JUgezve0

This has to be one of the most intrusive and irritating commercials to come down the pike in recent memory. Thank God for the remote control!

Re: What's a Redfin?

Is it similar to a bluefin tuna? This TV spot is fishy.

The name Redfin does not tell the buyer anything about the products for sale. I believe most people would react the same way regarding the tuna. It might as well be a seller of sails.

The tactics that this company employees seem rather shady to me. The cost cutting may appear to be a good value right now, but how would one feel when real estate personnel start cutting very large corners in order to keep up with sales? Remember how much Target and Walmart have pushed out people making an honest living, and see how it affects the areas they move into. These gimmicks may seem nice when they are new, but down the road, it will create issues with corporate greed. Buying property is rough enough as it is!

I usually don't agree with the weight-loss commercials for women, because the participants selling them, actually look better beforehand.

Trivago? . https://youtu.be/ThunXjagQEk . (parody)

That guy reminded more of an ultra low energy Steve Irwin than the TriVaGo guy.