Commercials/Advertising : Most Annoying Current TV Ads

Re: Most Annoying Current TV Ads

Wouldn't it be easier to list current ads that aren't annoying? Still, these ads piss me off:

- the Pepsi Next ad with the creepy CGI baby in the background (Note to Pepsi: if this is really what you're using to sell your product, I would sooner drink my own piss)
- The Doritos ad where the dog has killed the cat and he bribes his owner with a bag of Doritos
- the Cars.com ad with the second head coming out of the guy's back
- this 4G phone ad (the company escapes me)...you've all seen it; "That's so three seconds ago." I'm convinced that, if the commercial had run longer, we'd see these people talking with their eyes closed and savoring the smell of their own farts like on that "South Park" episode.
- the SunDrop ad with the guy shaking his ass

There are a few more, but these came to mind immediately.

------Jesus loves you, but only as a friend.------

That 21st Century insurance jingle:

"Teeka-teeka-teeka-teeka-teeka-teeka-teeka-teeka-21st!"

What in the world does "teeka" mean?

That's that stupid Nissan "Summer Savin' Days" ad.

Seems to me that Nissan should fire their marketing department and/or ad agency. This crap is just as bad as the Nissan Christmas sale with the "It's the most wonderful sale of the year" dreck that plagued us during the Christmas/New Years holidays.

Burger Kings "Lets have a BBQ today!!" commercials with that "Walk of Life" song on there.
Expect some ribs, chicken and potato salad and get treated to sub-par, fast-food instead?

Ugh.

Second would be those Miller 64 commercials with the wannabe Irish balladeers.

A Little Ceasers commercial with one person shouting then another person shouts with his pizza (box) in the air. Brilliance or stupidity, there's a thin line. It was not present.

Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh!t in order to be comfortable?

Debbie Boone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjR0Ib411fw

One-hit-wonder Debbie Boone, now almost 56, sings "You Light Up My Life" as an intro to her Lifestyle Lift endorsement, a double chin & turkey neck remedy. It's both a TV spot and a full-blown infomercial.

Maybe it's just my imagination but she looks embarrassed when she sings her annoying signature tune. I'm sure her dad Pat is very proud however.

Re: Debbie Boone

anywayyouwantit
that's the way I need it
anywayyouwantit

WHOO 5 dollar pizza!!!!

snap snap-snap snap Gimmie a break of that kit kat bar!!!

"Oh Thank you God! Thank you so BLOODY much!" Basil Fawlty

Not a TV ad, but worth mentioning.

Not sure if other theater chains carry this ad, but Regal has been showing this ad for a Samsung phone, featuring this total douchecanoe talking about connecting phones or some such nonsense.

Also, how many pop songs must Target destroy to let people know that they're selling back to school stuff?

------Jesus loves you, but only as a friend.------

"5-Hour Energy Drink" commercial: There's a commercial now playing on TV in which a spokewoman proclaims that "3,000 doctors" were sent questionnaries about the benefits of the "5-Hour Energy Drink" she's pushing.

She goes on to say that, "of the doctors who responded" (but never says how many that was), "73%" said they would recommend the drink to their healthy patients who use this stuff. (That could mean 73% of 5!)

Again, there's absolutely no indication of how many doctors actually responded to the questionnaire, how many responded favorably to the product's use by patients, or even how many of those actually had "healthy" patients they would recommend the stuff to (if any) who might use such a product!

This is the worst false and misleading TV comercial I can recall. They throw out a percentage ("73%"), but give absolutely no indication of what number that "73%" refers to. The numbers, in effect, are totally meaningless, even though the "3,000 doctors", and "73%", and the stack of papers the spokeswoman pats lovingly, would undoubtedly impress the highly suggestive (i.e. stupid) viewer. This commercial has been running for several months now, and I'm very surprised it's been allowed to run even this long.

If any commercial were worthy of review and being taken off the air by the FDA and "Truth in Advertising" organizations, this is it. If you've seen (and listened) to it, please let's hear what you think.

I agree. A big stack of papers next to some woman doesn't really get to go out and buy the 5 Hour energy drink. I never believe commercials that throw out statistics and numbers like that.

Me fail English? But, that's unpossible.
http://www.store.fredjung.com

It's even worse than that. She says the doctors would recommend "a sugar free" energy drink to their patients who drink energy drinks. Wow! What a surprising and truly ringing endorsement! She makes it sound like she actually said something!

The commercial with the Christopher Walken lookalike asking "Do you hate the sensation of a dry mooth?"

The Dodge Dart II commercial: overall, the commercial is not too bad, but I resent the 'nerds' being represented by astronauts. If there is any group of people who can be called heroes in today's world, it is astronauts, who have to have brains, physical ability and courage.

The ad for V-8 juice in which a lady is hitting a guy no fewer than three times. Can you imagine the outcry if the gender roles were reversed.

This AT&T ad...

That little boy prattling on really fast annoys me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGS90HEbP5U

AVADA KEDAVRA!!!

Word on the v8 commercial. What's worse is that we don't know *why* she is hitting him on the head. Because he won't eat vegetables? Do we really need another health ad on the air?

anything with Pat Boone or his talentless daughter.

I agree with the 21st Century car insurance commercial. I think the "tigi tigi..." is their attempt at a catchy jingle, but it just doesn't come off well. I also hate the guy in those ads.

Some others I don't know if they've been mentioned or not.

-Anyone sick of the Dennis Haysbert Allstate commericals? I especially hate the one with that girl Carmen or whoever "she's on a Ramen noodle every night budget." She's just trying so hard to act cute, but sorry, not working. I also hate Allstate because they ripped me off.

-Alex Trebek is a competent game show host, but the Colonial Penn commercials make me ill. You have the guy introducing Alex say that Alex "has been representing Colonial Penn for over 10 years." and then Alex immediately comes on and says THE EXACT SAME THING!

-The 15,000 airings of Ryan's/Old Country Buffett announcing their "Mongolian Stir Fry" which is such an obvious rip-off of Mongolian BBQ.

"I'm not a doctor...I'm a funeral director" - Hiram Baker

Anyone sick of the Dennis Haysbert Allstate commericals? I especially hate the one with that girl Carmen or whoever "she's on a Ramen noodle every night budget." She's just trying so hard to act cute, but sorry, not working. I also hate Allstate because they ripped me off.

Maybe she could eat better if she switched insurance companies. Hey, she can afford to drive a car - she can't be doing that badly.

Plus, if she keeps staring at herself in the mirror and tapping on the steering wheel, she will get into an accident.

It ain't easy being green, or anything else, other than to be me

-H&R Block with the slow-motion and the stupid, supposedly "comical" faces the tax agents make.

-Citi "Thank You" card with the woman mountain climbing (yes, the one with the annoying song).

-Chevy "Truck Month" (you can't pull a stump out with a 1/2 ton gas-engined truck, especially a GM truck)

-Mitsubishi Outlander Sport "unpretentious" ad. On WAY too much.

-Subaru sap-fest "Love" ads.

-Jewelry commercials, every last one of them, in particular Jared.

-Liberty Mutual, Geico, Progressive, SafeCo, State Farm, and Allstate ads without Mayhem.

-KFC

-Subway (their sandwiches are for crap too)

-Cable/satellite/phone/cell phone ads, AT&T in particular.

-Apple iPod/Phone/Pad/Whatever

-Starbucks

-Lottery ads, in particular Pennsylvania's and Connecticut's. I didn't realize state lotteries had to be advertised so much as so many play their games enough as it is.

-Prescription drug ads, especially those for ED.

-Network's ads for their own shows. USA network is an example and one of the WORST offenders.

-Match.com, EHarmony, and others of similar ilk.

-Ancestry.com ads, especially the one with the bald guy who came from a family of barbers. Haha, so funny, NOT!

-KitKat bars. Not only do I hate the crunching sounds, but the stupid "Mmmms" and "Hmmms" interspersed throughout. So annoying.

Ball Park meats and the tag line "Men, Better Fed Than Understood".

I really hate the new one for Stride with Shaun White and the other skinny kid both wearing those short brown shorts that have no business on any straight man. Shaun White looks even more like an ugly girl in those...

"...And on this farm he had an igloo..."

The AT&T ads with the guy and the kids in the classroom, especially the one with the seemingly asthmatic girl who has to take a breath every other word.

Outside of the car insurance genre, this is probably the worst series of ads currently airing.

Right now that Geico commercial where the Gecko is in the editing room with the editor going over an ad where he notices his car has a flat tire.The Gecko didn't like the scene and had the editor find a more dramatic clip.And he plays the most excruciating performance ever!"Somebody please help me!I have a flat tire!"Now I really want the Gecko gone.His other ad where it's supposed to be outtakes from an ad where he's constantly "flubbing his lines" is also pretty damn annoying.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental

I hate any commercial that uses pop somgs from the past or current ones. I have taken a personal vow not to buy any products that bastardizes songs that have special meaning for me or others. I've given up some things I like but what the heck. I have my standards. lol.Advertising agencies are scraping the bottom of the barrel for their no talent ad men. What are they teaching in universities and college these days? It must be to put their stupidity on display. Oh yea, they don't care if we hate their commercials. The more they get talked about pro or con the better in their eyes. The best way to gewt their attention is to stop buying their products or organize boycotts. When the lose customers they squeal louder than a pig.

I'm really starting to hate the Wendy's girl...a lot.

Another commercial I hate is the one with the young woman having a fitting for her wedding gown and her mother has to go to the bathroom really, really badly. So she goes. And the effing daughter gives a disappointed expression and makes a decision to take the dress while her mother is out of the room relieving herself. You mean to tell me that daughter can't wait another 5 friggin minutes till her mother comes back? Clearly, her mother wants to be part of the experience. That daughter looks like a spoiled brat.

I'm tired of the current line of Sonic commercials. The blond guy was in other commercials where he was slightly funnier, but he's pathetic in the Sonic commercials. The "humor" ranges from pathetic to only slightly snicker-worthy and these commercials run so often you want to pull your hair out. Why not let the two guys go and do a new series on the misadventures of a roller skating waitress? Oh, that's right- heaven forbid showing roller skates in this era of in-line skates- never mind that it's only a fast food commercial and not a skate commercial.

Those Sonic guys freak me out a little--or at least, the one with the dark hair does. In the first commercial I saw with those guys, the dark haired man takes a huge bite of a burger, and he sticks his tongue out like 6 inches and wraps it around the burger, he looked like a toad eating a grasshopper or something. Now every time I see him/them, I can only think of his giant tongue. UGH.

Meet male model "Mike" who smiles way too much. The bike he bought at Target prevented either 320 kids from missing out on one bologna sandwich apiece or provided one individual kid with an entire year's supply of same depending on how you do the arithmetic. Hey, it even rhymes!

"Mike" could become a candidate for sainthood simply by shopping at Target. Move over, Mother Teresa!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpGIkz2OnT0&list=UUralvBh1hSGRf4Srj S-mY7Q&index=1

"Talk amongst yourselves." ~ Linda Richman

R.I.P. Douglas James Dayton, grandson of retailing dynasty founder and devout Presbyterian, George Draper Dayton.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpGIkz2OnT0&list=UUralvBh1hSGRf4Srj S-mY7Q&index=1

"Mike" could become a candidate for sainthood simply by shopping at Target. Move over, Mother Teresa!
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2013/07/07/target-founder -douglas-dayton-dies-at-88/2497065/

http://www.nndb.com/people/571/000167070/

I really despise those new ads for Tena pads that feature old, ugly, fat women dancing a twist-style dance; I can't reach for the remote fast enough when that ad comes on...

I also gotta mention those Xfinity ads featuring Mindy Kaling with her fat, annoying ass; seriously, someone needs to tell her she's not the next Zooey Deschanel....

I really despise those new ads for Tena pads that feature old, ugly, fat women dancing a twist-style dance...

Yes, it is absolutely horrifying.

I had that stupid "Tena Twist" song stuck in my head for the better part of a day... Wanted to blow my brains out.

"Send her to the snakes!"

...new ads for Tena pads...reach for the remote...

I guess this* must be the one you're talking about. Yep, that is irritating. I'm not hip to the latest dance crazes. Did the twist make a comeback or is this TV ad simply targeting the age group that enjoyed doing the twist in their youth but are now prone to wetting their pants whenever they attempt those same pelvic gyrations today?

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=4seqskzmyXI&N R=1

Guess I will have to have to say the Progressive commercials starring "Flo". Never really found any of them to be particularly funny/amusing.

If cheap disposable TV monitors were available, I would use this guy as a target for miscellaneous projectiles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taXBoRYzhLY

I've endured this cardigan-wearing, bobble-head Jesus, hipster, geek, fruitcake, slack-shouldered, dorky, wimpy electronics demostrator one too many times. Elvis had enough money to be able to actually shoot his TV when something bothered him. I can't afford that luxury so I have to be content with hitting my remote buttons. The little weasel looks like a time-traveler from the sixties. The only thing that could have made him more annoying would be red tennis shoes.

I suppose he is meant be passive and non-threatening in contrast to the possibly intimidating technology that he is pitching. They use they same long-haired types in McDonald's ads. It might even be the same guy.

As for Mindy Kaling, she would appeal particularly to the demographic who want to keep in touch with all of their relatives back home in India via phone, text, Skype, etc.

Oddly enough, I'm a fan of Xfinity, which is a direct descendant of Ma Bell. I have no doubt that the X1 Platform is a fine product. It's the dipstick, not the brand, that I dislike.

Bingo adverts with Barbara Windsor

The same dipstick who's in the Mindy Kaling version of the Xfinity X1 Platform TV spot is now also in the X1 ad featuring a stock car engine tune-up or modification. Once a dipstick, always a dipstick. He resembles a misdirected time-traveller from a hootenanny and/or the love-child of Woodstock attendees. This dude has no future in television.

The same dipstick who's in the Mindy Kaling version of the Xfinity X1 Platform TV spot is now also in the X1 ad featuring a stock car engine tune-up or modification. Once a dipstick, always a dipstick. He resembles a misdirected time-traveller from a hootenanny and/or the love-child of Woodstock attendees. This dude has no future in television.

For anyone who hasn't seen the ad that I'm referring to, here it is. The celebrity this time is NASCAR driver Tony Stewart. We discover in this TV spot that our dipstick has an obnoxious nervous laugh to complement his annoying looks and demeanor. Please, just go away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtAa0hdQWvw

Re: Most Annoying Current TV Ads: Dairy Queen Chicken Strip Basket

That Mountain Dew Kickstart commercial that's just a song about repetition which has nothing to do with the damn product.

"Listen, do you smell something? -Ray Stantz"

Geico's You know Old MacDonald is a horrible speller. Cow.."c-o-w-e-i-e-i-o"

What?

People on ludes should not drive!

So many to choose from! Off the top of my head: ALL the toilet paper commercials with the animated bears that tell us we're supposed to have orgasmic experiences when we poop. Sorry, but imagining a family of cartoon bears getting off on butt stuff is just too much. I change the channel every single time one of them comes on.

Next, the old couple who are trying out the Swiffer mop and think it's like dancing. They are NOT cute. And mopping is NOTHING like dancing.

The ShoeFab commercial where the women are screaming like they are getting murdered by an ax-wielding maniac, all because their shoes cost less than $50. Stop screaming already, it drives me insane. Before seeing the commercial for the first time, I actually had gone to their website and picked out a pair of shoes I was going to buy, but then the commercial came on and I was so irritated that I cancelled the order and deleted the bookmark. I refuse to reinforce that kind of noise pollution by shopping there.

And finally, any and every commercial where someone chews noisily or with their mouth open and they use it like a marketing strategy. I am sensitive to certain noises, and hearing someone crunch their food does NOT make me want to buy it.

OK...now that i've thought about this so much, I'm feeling like a big curmudgeon. What a grump I am!

A new one: Those Pebbles cereal ads that get played almost every commercial break on the Hub Network, which appear to be filmed at 3 frames a second with a bunch of cereal pieces and streams of milk floating around kids eating the cereal (and in one particular ad, wrestler John Cena: "A fruity Five-Knuckle Shuffle in your face!!!"). Almost like they must be catering to kids already hopped up on the sugar from eating Pebbles!

A mention should also go to those Seat Pets ads also playing all the time on The Hub. The Seat Pets jingle sounds like a cheesy ripoff of the MLP:FiM "Babs Seed" song...

Tim (aka the Slipperman)
---------
I Rina-chan

Becki Yoakam is EVIL

The ads for Stuffies are getting annoying. I'm like shut up about it already.

Most Annoying Current TV Ads: Dairy Queen Chicken Strip Basket

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4-6qjLe8Kk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8VTiyVCzHE

"Boom! Wink!"

What is he...a suicide bomber having his last meal?

Get a life, jackass. Nobody wants to watch a closeup of you eating chicken on TV.

Re: Most Annoying Current TV Ads: Dairy Queen Chicken Strip Basket

My vote goes to the DISGUSTING Skittles ad where the boy smiles at the girl, and has Skittles for teeth, and the girl kisses him, and eats the Skittles out of his mouth. UGH!!! GROSS!!!

AVADA KEDAVRA!!!

Now it's the Arby's "Slicing Up Freshness" commercials. The jingle at the end sounds like it's a bunch of army soldiers singing it (I almost expect them to follow the jingle up with "...Sir!" at the end)...and they're generally more boring to watch than the previous "Good Mood Food" or the talking Oven Mitt era commercials. (I for one miss R.B. the Good Mood Food Dude already...)

Tim (aka the Slipperman)
---------
I Rina-chan

My vote goes to the Excedrin commercial where one brat spills a tub of Legos and another brat screams "Quiet! Mom has a headache!"; as if that's going to help their mothers' situation at any level...

Confused.com adverts with that robot

Yeah and mom say "had a headache" I would have been like thanks kid, it's worse now and ran out of the room crying. Oh to lay a guilt trip on your kids; sometimes it's the best feeling in the world.

People on ludes should not drive!

The new Nissan ads with the screaming redhead.

I really hate the Spotify.com commercials. They take forever as you supposedly watch someone's social media activities. It's bad enough that on every site that you watch a video, you have to sit through commercials, but to watch one that takes forever that only shows someone's screen as they do things you don't give a crap about is infuriating. Way to advertise, Spotify.