Animation : Ariel or Jasmine?

Ariel or Jasmine?

Who do you prefer and why? I prefer Ariel by far! While Jasmine may fight for her independence I find her personality rather obnoxious.

Re: Ariel or Jasmine?

I think I have to go with Jasmine. She seems to be more mature than Ariel. Then again, Ariel is probably a more realistic sixteen-year-old than Jasmine.

Intelligence and purity.

This is not even close for me. Ariel is a wonderful and surprisingly inspirational character. Of course she's got that great voice, but she's got an amazing likability to her as well. I'm not in the mood for one of my longer speeches on her, but she's just awesome.

Jasmine is just a plot device. She's possibly the most boring and uninspired female of the Disney Renaissance. She's there to say a few cliche lines and give a couple "responses" to certain characters when needed, but other than that she doesn't do much or really develop.

"If life is getting you down and needs uplifting, then please come dance with me!"

I prefer Ariel. I never cared for the film Aladdin in general while I enjoy The Little Mermaid.

RIP
Jeff Hanneman
1964-2013

I am picking Jasmine as I find her pretty not that I don't find Ariel pretty through what was about Jasmine's personality rather obnoxious to you

Just the way she talked to the guys that tried to marry and the way she talks to other people in general.

But as for the princes, who came to court Jasmine, did we not see that at least one of these guys (Prince Ahmed) was such a pompous jerk? I really don't think that I would have given someone like him much of a chance either. And as for "other people in general", I don't even know which people you mean. Would you care to elaborate to when you feel that Jasmine was obnoxious?

Intelligence and purity.

She's also hypocritical. She claims she's not a prize to be won but she allows Aladdin to treat her like one. Maybe she's not obnoxious but either way I don't like Jasmine.

How does Jasmine allow Aladdin to treat her like a prize?

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Well she keeps buying into Aladdin's lies. Idk I'm just not a big Jasmine fan.

I can understand you're not a fan of Jasmine, but Jasmine was unimpressed with every lie told in the song "Prince Ali" and how much Prince Ali exaggerated himself out to be on the balcony. She only believed one lie that Prince Ali escapes palace life by disguising himself as a peasant and she only believed him because she did the same thing herself. I don't see that as her showing submission to Aladdin/Prince Ali, but she showed she could relate with him. Plus, she had nothing to prove that disputed otherwise.

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Good point

Ariel's one of my four favorite princesses, but Jasmine is pretty high in my ranking too. ^^

Ariel

Don't play games with a girl who can play better.

Ariel

Jasmine's character is only good in the TV series, and at it's very best in the 3rd movie.

Really? Because I don't remember Jasmine even doing anything in the third movie.

Intelligence and purity.

Jasmine was a very mature, wise, supportive, & understanding character in the 3rd movie in comparison to how her character was in the 1st movie (which makes logical sense given that naturally the character is older in the 3rd movie anyway).

I just personally prefer her characterization here vs. how it was in movie 1. I even loved her badass moments in movie 3 much better than in movie 1 because in movie 1 she came off as childish in her badass moments. To me, she's a lot more likable just in general across the board in movie 3 vs. how she was in movie 1.

I like Jasmine, but I love Ariel.

I prefer Jasmine.