Animation : Anybody going through Disney animated movie withdrawals yet?

Anybody going through Disney animated movie withdrawals yet?

Anybody that has seen the newest released Disney animated movie Moana, are you going through Disney animated movie withdrawals since the next Disney animated movie Wreck-It Ralph 2 coins on March 8th, 2018. Which of course meaning that Disney is not going to release an animated movie in 2017, I still haven't seen Moana and I have my doubts that I will see it in the movie theaters, but at some point I will see it on dvd.

Re: Anybody going through Disney animated movie withdrawals yet?

While I saw Princess and the Frog and Winnie the Pooh, I had no interest in Tangled, Frozen, Wreck It Ralph, Big Hero 6, Zootopia, or Moana. I have had a hard time having any interest in Disney films. Not even when they are on DVD. Most can argue that Tangled and Frozen are worth seeing, but I personally never had any interest in them.

Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend ship Fluttershy and Discord

I missed Princess and the Frog and Winnie the Pooh (unless you're talking about the really old one) and I haven't seen Moana yet, but I would put in a plug for Big Hero 6 and Wreck-It Ralph, if you enjoy main stream animated movies.

The OP only asked about Disney's work. There are many wonderful films out there by other studios. I find it hard to keep up.

Most can argue that Tangled and Frozen are worth seeing, but I personally never had any interest in them.

I feel you on that one. I wasn't too crazy about Tangled. Frozen was decent, but I think the movie "Brave" trumps them both simply because it had a much stronger message behind it.

Simply me.

I like your avatar :)

Nicko McBrain of Iron Maiden is a Brony

I like your avatar :) 

Thanks!

Simply me.

My friend saw Hunchback of Notre Dame and Pocahontas when I encouraged him to check them out. He was my mom's friend before he was my friend and he's her age so he didn't catch either of them when they came out. He also never saw Hercules but that was one I didn't suggest since all I liked about it was James Woods as Hades. My friend/my mom's friend had already caught Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Aladdin, Mulan and Tarzan when they first came out, but like I said, skipped Pocahontas and Hunchback before I suggested he check them out and never saw Hercules period.

Nicko McBrain of Iron Maiden is a Brony

Not yet, because Moana doesn't come out locally until Boxing Day.

The Angels Have the Phone Box

I am taking it you live in Canada

Australia.

The Angels Have the Phone Box

I might get quality animated film withdrawal at times, which is easy to cure as there's still so much out there I haven't seen. I certainly wouldn't suffer from withdrawal based on one single company. There's a vast animated world out there beyond Disney and that company doesn't even really have the lion's share of my favorites anyways.

"If life is getting you down and needs uplifting, then please come dance with me!"

Are you a Disney-only fan?

No I like other animated movies that aren't Disney animated movies, and Walt Disney got it all started, and the company even after his death has keep making different movies.

I'm looking forward to the 'Moana' DVD as well. All Disney's PG releases are a must for me while I just wait for the U ratings to air on TV at some time.

I will imagine since it will be at least March or April at the very least before the movie gets released on dvd, and then if you want to get it on dvd from Netflix, it will be 28 days at best before it will be available. But from my guess you aren't in the United States so I don't know if you will get it quicker on dvd then I will.

I am in Britain and don't know what time differences, if any, there are in the timing of Disney releases between here and the United States. I will come back on this thread as soon as I get my hands on 'Moona.'

Just to give you an idea of the timing of animated DVD releases in Britain. I've just bought 'Kubo and the Two Strings' which came out here this week.

Also the Moana score CD is out here this week. But I didn't buy it just in case there is a slight chance that it might contain spoilers to the movie.

Not yet as Moana is still fresh in my mind.