Home, Real Estate, Cooking, Decorating Shows : Bring back the old cooking shows!

Bring back the old cooking shows!

The Food Network should have a retro night and bring back the cooking shows I remember,After all Food never is out of style, a recipe from the 50's,60's,70's etc. can be made today,and will teach people how people ate back then. I'd like to see
Julia Child-the french Chef
The Frugal Gourmet with Jeff Smith
The Galloping Gourmet with Graham Kerr
They show Retro shows on the other networks, why not Food Channels?

Re: Bring back the old cooking shows!

How about Justin Wilson the old cajun goof who would actually pull a hanky out of his pocket and blow his nose, put it back in his pocket, and not wash his hands? That guy ruled!

Graham Kerr was the best! What passion about food! What I can never understand is how he kept from being 300lbs.

http://aboutdating.net

Didn't Graham Kerr come back and re-do a lot of his old shows/recipies low fat?
he showed you don't have to cook that way.

You can catch these older cooking shows here and there on PBS stations and I think I caught one or two on the Food Channel.

I would love to see those shows. I've been a loyal Food Network fan since I was seven, and I haven't watched any of those shows, but I am interested in seeing them now.

I'd like to see cooking shows from the 1950s, such as these:
Kitchen Fare (1950)
The Jean Bowring Show (1957)
The Chef Presents (1957)

There were actually quite a few lifestyle programs on TV during the 1950s (there's more to 50s TV than sitcoms and westerns), and they would probably be very interesting now from a historical point of view. However, surprising few of them survive today. It may seem strange now, but in those days many shows were seen as "disposable" and a large amount of 1950s TV is lost, particularly the non-fiction shows.

There were also cooking shows on radio during the 1930s/1940s, and these too are surprising rare.

Have you played Atari today?