Talhotblond: : anyone else feel ZERO sympathy for Montgomery

anyone else feel ZERO sympathy for Montgomery

Am I supposed to feel bad for this guy because he THOUGHT he was talking to an 18 year old when he himself is 46, WOOF

Re: anyone else feel ZERO sympathy for Montgomery

It really DOES come across as if I should feel sorry for this guy because he killed his friend in a rage over an eighteen year old "vixen" (Ugh, the summaries of this are killing me and every ounce of denial I had about being mistaken about the "Pity him!" tone. :/) and then feel sorry for him when she turns out to be his age. The tone disgusted me, to be honest. It seems like an attack on Mary Shieler when Montgomery not only committed a heinous act, but also said horrible things to her, all while he thought she was a young girl. For example, the snippet of conversation in which he says something like, "I only want to see you if you're getting gang-raped by a group of [racial slur]s." And we're supposed to ignore that because, well gosh, he was tricked?

Add in that he had the smuggest look on his face the whole time and I don't have an iota of sympathy. The only time he showed any emotion was when talking about how it affects his daughters. Where was that concern when he was receiving underwear from a girl he thought was close to their age?

Agreed.

Honestly it gets really painful reading the convo because the whole time I'm there thinking "Dude, you're 47 and you seem to have the conversational skills of a 15 year old". He's clearly unsympathetic and the fact Jessi is (apparently...since I haven't seen the end yet) older doesn't change anything, hell it was pretty obvious Jessi was lying about who she was as soon as she canceled meeting the other dude if not before it.

The man is a scumbag, who tried at the end to absolve himself of guilt by, it seems, blaming someone else for his actions. (Although he claims he is innocent?)

The doco seems to support him actually.

I feel no sympathy for Montgomery - in fact I think he was lucky to get a plea deal for 1st degree manslaughter when it was clearly premeditated murder.
I also was a bit sickened by that lame psychologist who seemed to be very sympathetic to Montgomery and far too quick to make excuses for him.

"They who... give up... liberty to obtain... safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

the film maker for some reason wants to shift the blame away from the actual murderer and instead focus it on another person who happened to get mixed up with him. the woman had nothing to do with the murder. she was just a pathetic liar living a fantasy life online.
this movie goes well beyond stating what happened and is actively trying to basically destroy this woman. it's an attack piece and even has montgomery's victim blaming her for his own murder. shameful.
what if the woman had not been lying? what if she was really jessi, an 18 year old girl? would the film maker still have brian blaming jessi from the grave?
the fact that she turned out to be a 40 year old woman or whatever is totally irrelevant.

in montgomery's mind he was her ex and he was killing her new lover. it's a classic case of jealous rage, it just happened to be jealousy based in a fantasy world.

Agree with all of these statements completely. Makes no sense as to why her age & appearance matters. Sheiler was living in a fantasy world as was Montgomery. Why are we supposed to feel bad for this guy because he was tricked? He was clearly crazy!!! And, she DID warn Brian...

As was said in the film. 20 years was an insult. He should be on death row and I am appalled she was not held accountable. Laws that govern the internet need to be created. If she had impersonated her daughter through various real life transactions, she could have been liable for fraud and charged. The fact she wasn't pisses me off.

her poor ex felt more horrible about it than the scumbag who did it.

Listening to the psychologist with the rationalizations was disgusting and stomach turning.
To me he was just a perv, perving out.
And yes many of his messages to her showed clear verbal abuse. It could well have been a teenage girl, that was his thought and intent.

eta:
I'm referring to Thomas Montgomery after the first statement, I don't think the psych is a perv!

I wouldn't say I felt sorry for him, but I was definitely angry and appalled for him.
He was obviously an unstable individual who needed psychiatric help and yet Jessie's mother continued to push him towards killing Brian. She even ignored the disturbing threats Montgomery made. She could see all the signs of a murderer very clearly and yet she did nothing.
She is the evil one I don't feel sorry for, Thomas is just a disturbed man who was pushed to breaking point and who was let down by her.

how is her actively warning the victim "doing nothing"? he literally showed up and murdered someone. she just pretended she was hot and young on the internet. she had nothing to do with any crime.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Post deleted

Stupid logic. If I shoot someone over stealing my doughnut, should the baker be held responsible?

Why does it matter that she lied? It just makes the crime ironic. Not her fault.

Post deleted

he killed the guy because he was a jealous psychopath. if the woman had turned out to be the tall hot blonde he thought she was, would that change the murder he committed in any way? the fact that the woman was not as hot or young as she claimed to be is completely irrelevant to the crime committed. the marine guy was lying just the same as she was online. they're both just lying losers on the internet, but he was the one who went and killed someone in the real world over his fantasy life online. she didn't tell him to kill anyone and she actually even tried to warn the guy. how is this so hard for some people (including the awful filmmaker) to grasp?

*Raises Hand* *jumps up and down yelling "me, me, me, me, me*

I'm with you- zero, zippo, zilcho! NONE!

People have to remember what he believed he was doing.
He full well believed he was having an affair (emotional, Internet, it does NOT matter, it was an affair) with an EIGHTEEN year old girl.
For Pete sake she said she was still in high school at one point!
He had a daughter not much younger than 18!

He had a loving, faithful wife that even forgave him when she first discovered what he had been doing. His life was decent, middle-class, a home, an ok job, a family, MANY men have it much, much worse and they don't cheat on their wives. With basically a child, she was young enough to be his granddaughter! (They would've all had to have children VERY young but it is physically possible)

"Tommy" even asked this "18" year old girl to marry him!
Take talhotblond's lies & fraud out of it- and just look at what Thomas believed.
He's a complete beep, beep, beeping beep!

I feel bad for Brian's family! I feel sorry for Thomas' wife!
I feel sympathy for Thomas' daughters.
And I feel sorry for Jessie & her father(talhotblond's husband).

But I do NOT feel any sympathy for Thomas! ZERO!

Side Note;
I do feel bad that talhotblond didn't suffer any consequences for her actions. She may not be legally responsible for Brian's murder but she has some moral culpability in that tragedy. I know we can't charge a person with a moral crime but still... There should've been some consequence, perhaps there will be spiritually by the Ultimate Judge.
Poor Brian- he was the ONLY one telling the truth and he got killed for it! Just horrible!

Also she didn't just LIE on the Internet, she stole her daughter's identity, that is a crime. States are just beginning to catch up to technology & a couple are finally passing laws; making it a crime to impersonate somebody else on the Net.
She skirted the edge of fraud as well.
Yeah, her husband & daughter left BUT if she really valued them, she wouldn't have done what she did in the first place.
She suffered no real consequences, she'll probably do it again.

People in life that are the happiest don't have the most, they make the most of what they have...

No sympathy. Pervy murderer.

"Joey, have you ever been in a Turkish prison?"

No sympathy for him. He didn't seem to have sympathy for what he did. He didn't even own up to it right away. He bears like %98 of what happened.

Pikaboo: I love your response

*Raises Hand* *jumps up and down yelling "me, me, me, me, me*

I am not making 'light' on the subject in the thread to make sure no one thinks this of me.

I agree totally with the concept and thoughts of the others here.

Remembering this is a true story and not a fiction dreamed up, this is far more important to keep the dignity on the subject and all have here which is nice to see...Thank you!

The most important thing here is:

HE THOUGHT he was talking to an 18 year old girl. To then somehow twist the emotions of the viewer to placing blame on anyone but Montgomery is wrong.

One question on a different light.

Suppose it was Montgomery's daughter who was on the net luring men with her real pictures etc and one of the men got mad that she was chatting with a 47 yo man in another state and his co-worker (20 yo) and because of this the 47 yo man gets mad and instead of killing the rival, he comes and guns down his daughter...would Montgomery like this twist instead?

OR another twist, suppose Jessie was actually living with Mom and Montgomery in his rage first went to her home, found her and gunned her down (remember he was in a rage that she was chatting with Brian) and then was coming for Brian but was stopped or even had gunned him down.

Now how would the Mother feel that her little fantasy had killed her daughter?

Comments?
I wear my net \O^O/ to make sure I am seeing what others see.

Yeah it's stupid how we're supposed to feel bad for him for getting played.

The victims in this are Brian and Jessi. Montgomery didn't have to kill Brian so he has no-one to blame but himself.