Soaps and Serials : Do you watch old soaps on YouTube or other video-sharing sites?

Do you watch old soaps on YouTube or other video-sharing sites?

If so, which ones?

...Justin

Re: Do you watch old soaps on YouTube or other video-sharing sites?

ALL the time, thank God for youtube and World of Soap Themes.
Clips of classics, ANOTHER WORLD, SOMERSET, TEXAS, THE EDGE OF NIGHT,
ONE LIFE TO LIVE, GENERAL HOSPITAL, GENERATIONS, BOLD & THE BEAUTIFUL, DAYS OF OUR LIVES. We are SO lucky to have
this technology at our fingertips to relive so many great moments.

I saw some episodes of Another World. I think even IMDb has some of those online. They look really, really good. That show had good writing and some excellent actors.

Thanks to YouTube, I now realize that Susan Flannery of The Bold and the Beautiful is one of the great unheralded actresses. Whether she has a great storyline, or a ridiculous one, she is terrific.

...Justin

I had been in an auto accident in 1966 so I was home for quite a few months and could watch the year-long build-up of the Rick Oliver story on The Edge of Night. But when I went back to work, I missed the end ... when Orin Hillyer discovered his wife was the murderer and Laura Hillyer drove her car off a cliff because she could not face the future. On YouTube they have a courtroom scene in which Orin reads aloud a letter Laura had written clearing Martha Marceau of the murder. Orin is played by that great actor, now deceased, Lester Rawlins. He and his family were mainstays on The Edge of Night for five years or so. You'll catch a glimpse of Teri Keane (Martha) and Laurence Hugo (the second Mike Karr). this is a very moving scene and I was most pleased 43 years after to see the conclusion of that storyline. I'm so happy for YouTube making so much archival footage available.

Re: The Edge of Night

That's marvelous. The home video revolutions seems to have brought back none of the daily soap operas except for Dark Shadows. But now, thanks to YouTube, the other soaps are coming back, too.

...Justin

She's a fascinating actress. I wish her work on Days of Our Lives was available. I could watch her do anything.

Someone had up over a thousand clips of just her scenes from The Bold and the Beautiful ranging from 1989 to 1995. And then they disappeared for copyright violation. So sad. It's not as if they're available to us in any other way.

...Justin

I watch Passions.

I watch the old classic General Hospital from the late 90's- early 00's before they runied some of the greatest characters (such as Carly, Sonny, Jason; etc)on the show probably in around 2005 or 2006.

I watch The Bold and the Beautiful sometimes on You Tube to catchup or sneak ahead.We watch it here in Australia at 4.30pm weekday.Relaxing senseless tv.

"Our own demons are often the hardest to recognise"

Catching up on snippets of Eastenders now.

I watch Guiding Light anything with Chris Bernau as Alan Spaulding and any episodes I can find from the late 70's-early 80's...

I also watch ATWT from the 80's and anything with James Stenbeck or Tonio Reyes...

Lately I've been watching Eddie Velez' run as Paul Mendez on Days of Our Lives from the early 00's....his entire run is on youtube...

http://www.funcollegegirls.com

Eastenders on dailymotion
Sunset Beach on youtube

In case anyone is interesting, I came across a B&W episode of The Edge of Night on the Internet Archive:
https://archive.org/details/dmbb11601

The people who uploaded it don't seem to realise how rare their film print is. Most soap episodes prior to 1978 were "junked" after broadcast. Same with many game shows, talk shows, sports broadcasts etc....those from prior 1978 that survive complete like "Days of Our Lives" are very lucky...

The Johnny O'Keefe doll...wind it up and it makes a comeback