Soaps and Serials : Favorite Soap Villain or Villainess

Re: Favorite Soap Villain or Villainess

You omitted my favorite EoN baddy who aroused desire in teenagers and married women alike, Rick Oliver. Everyone thought he was the best thing that ever happened in Monticello, only Martha Marceau saw through him and when Laura Hillier murdered him, Martha was arrested. It was always rough to be related to Police Chief Bill Marceau. His daughter Judy was framed for murder by lascivious Teresa Vetter (who'd poisoned her husband so she and her lover could take over the numbers racket and when her many crimes seemed to catch up with her started to seduce the D.A. - you can catch a glimpse of her with the D.A. in "Driving Miss Daisy") Judy was saved from the Vetter frame) by Lt. Ed Gibson (a pre-Dallas Larry Hagman) then went nuts and tried to kidnap the Capices' daughter; Chief Marceau's second wife Martha was framed TWICE for murder (Rick Oliver and a few years later Taffy Simms) as well as being thought a goofball because she believed her new house to be haunted. Oh, how I miss that glorious serial. Great narrative, intriguing mysteries. Both Irving Vendig who created the show and Henry Slesar who wrote it for many years were soap opera geniuses!

Agreed! Sheila Carter from B&B/Y&R any day, although my runner-up would be Joan Ferguson from Prisoner: Cell Block H.

"He came to life...good for him"

Alan Spaulding, Roger Thorpe & Alexandra Spaulding (The Originals: Christopher Bernau, Michael Zaslow & Beverlee McKinsey) on GUIDING LIGHT!

Eastenders - Steve Owen
Coronation Street - Linda Sykes
Sunset Beach - Gregory Richards, Annie Douglas

We must also give a HUGE Shout-Out to the wonderful LARRY BRYGGMAN, who played the sleazy Dr. John Dixon...the conniving ex-husband of the beautiful Kim, played by Kathryn Hays.

I do hope he won't upset Henry...

Jilly Stewart (played by Peta Toppano) in Return to Eden...

Wendy Hughes coolly played her in the mini series, and she was very good as the "bimbo-chic" best friend and femme fatale.

Toppano in the series ramped it up to number 11 by playing Jilly as a vile, neurotic, hell cat... A scheming witch and tramp!

Newman from Seinfeld (1989–1998)

OLTL - Allison Perkins

Gina Capwell (Santa Barbara)
Melissa Agretti (Falcon Crest)
Annie (Sunset Beach)