Best and Worst : Rank The Indiana Jones Films

Re: Rank The Indiana Jones Films

Heard about that, haven't seen it but I'll give it a look.

I recently uncovered my old copy of the book, From Star Wars To Indiana Jones: The Best Of The LucasFilm Archives. Seek it out ASAP if you've never read it. I've owned it since the mid-90s and it covers the original three Star Wars and Indy films. All sorts of great production stills and artwork and prop pictures and it goes into tons of detail about the making of all six of them. Highly recommended reading for both SW and Indy fans. Both sets of films get equal coverage and attention, and the Indy section is amazing, too.

The first one was 8/10...the rest were junk.

8/10 isn't a bad rating by any means but somewhat low for a film as revered as Raiders.

1) Raiders of the Lost Ark - far and away the best of the series.

2) Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - for all of its faults, it's basically just Raiders of the Lost Ark again, only replacing one higher power (Judeo-Christian God) for another (Ancient Aliens)

3) The Last Crusade - a more-than-solid addition to the series with a great new cast member.

4) Temple of Doom - so bad it physically hurts (mostly my ears from all of the female lead's screaming)

http://brianjhadsell.blogspot.com/

Crystal Skull being rated second highest seems to be more common these days.

Probably the most common ranking.

- Raiders of the Lost Ark. 7/10
- Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. 6/10
- Last Crusade. 6/10
- Temple of Doom. 4/10

As disappointing as Crystal was, it's not that much worse than the others...

Seems there's been a major turnaround on KOTCS lately.

I've seen some rank the Young Indy series in with the films. It's been too long since I last watched any of the episodes to compare the show with the films.

Slightly OT but I'm kind of surprised they never made an Indy cartoon series, especially back in the 80s when just about every big hit movie got one.

News is out of the fifth now, seems it may finally go into production not too long from now. Seems they've got a Director Of Photography already onboard.

Bump

Sadly the news of a fifth possibly being made was recently debunked :(

-
Calling disagreement hate is childish.

Raiders of the Lost Ark
The Last Crusade
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Temple of Doom

Raiders and Last Crusade might as well be 1A and 1B for me. Enjoyed Crystal Skulls just fine however did not particularly care for Temple of Doom.

Bump after Rudeboy_Murray and IMDB_Vits posts being all over the front page.

And again. That guy could really use his own forum here for his topics :/

OT but that guy can really use his own forum at this point with how much his threads eat up the front page here

I just remembered the Indy Stunt Spectacular attraction at MGM Studios, I remember going a few times as a kid and loving it. Been so long since I last went.

The first one is the only good one.

I don't disagree with it being called the best at all, even if Temple Of Doom is my personal favorite.

Raiders of the Lost Ark
Temple of Doom
The Last Crusade

--Seak W.C. Dub

Great ranking

http://badassdigest.com/2014/12/12/disney-ceo-bob-iger-says-more-india na-jones-movies-are-on-the-way/

Looks like we could have some new Indy movies to bring into this in a few more years. But they better get on it this year before Harrison gets too old for Indy again, which at 72 he arguably already is.

The Last Crusade
Raiders Of The Lost Ark
Temple Of Doom
The 4th doesn't exist, it s just a shame on the name of Indiana Jones

Raiders Of The Lost Ark
The Last Crusade
The Temple Of Doom

The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull

'Welcome to primetime bitch!'

Off-topic but great signature, big ANOES fan here

Raiders Of The Lost Ark (7/10)
Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull (7/10)
Temple Of Doom (6/10)
The Last Crusade (6/10)

🐺 Boycott movies that involve real animal violence (& their directors) 🐾

You and I so far are the only ones here who rank Last Crusade last. I still like it even if it's in last place for me.

Hi guys
Last crusade is the best Indiana Jones, it is one of the best adventure movie ever made !!!! The sens of action is good, there is humour, fantastic elements, the music is perfect with what we see at the screen. Just a wonderful movie !
Skull of crystal, is just a shame for me. Harrisson is too old to make an energic guy, Shia Labeouf has no charism, just ridiculous, they have put inside Marion Ravenwood for what ? To make bad jokes beetwenn her and Indiana Jones ? If it is that, it s a good choice, however i cant' t see the utility of this carachter !
The only good is Cate Blanchett, because i love her, and i agree if she ask marry with me :)))))
Well and to finish to show how i hate this movie, just one thing, the scene of the nuclear blast and the refregirator. That is when Indiana jones die in my heart.

I actually like Last Crusade a lot, don't get me wrong. It just feels kind of repetitive compared to the others, but I always really enjoy it. I think they're all excellent films in their own way.

Glad I was able to

With it almost 2015 right now, I wonder if we'll be getting any news on a fifth movie this year? If it doesn't enter pre-production at some point it'd be best to scrap it, at least with Ford.

Hi
I dont't think they go to make a V.
In first Harrisson Ford is too old now to play an athletic guy.
And they have try to introduce the carachter of Shia Laboeuf in the IV to prepare the public to make him the new hero of the franchise but for me it fail.
So There is only and there will be only 3 Indiana jones , sorry Cyborg goblin, i know you like the IV but i can't like it :)

I think Harrison has it in him for at least one more entry.

1. Last Crusade
2. Raiders of The Lost Ark
3. Temple of Doom
4. Kingdom of The Crystal Skull

Exactly what the Doctor says

Me too, he's one of my favorite actors and his obituary is one I hope we won't read for another few decades.

I'm fine, thanks for asking :)

Off-topic but I notice your account got reinstated, awesome to see

Or more like Exorcist: The Beginning That movie in some ways feels like it could've been an alternate fourth Indy film but got re-worked to be an Exorcist prequel, instead.

Raiders Of The Lost Ark
The Last Crusade
Temple Of Doom
Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull

i played you sucka!

Bump

News is out that Chris Pratt might be Indy in the next movie. I like him well enough but it'll be so hard seperating him from Ford.

Bump

The Last Crusade
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Temple of Doom

I hope the plane crash Harrison was in recently won't affect him playing the character again. I have hope we'll get at least one more film with him before he retires the role for good.

Temple of Doom
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Last Crusade
Crystal Skull

The three of us have the same top two.