Rings : Blame the new Ghostbusters for IMDB shut down

Blame the new Ghostbusters for IMDB shut down

this movie was so polarizing thst I'm sure the over sensitive supporters of the film logged massive complaints to IMDB.

Re: Blame the new Ghostbusters for IMDB shut down

IMDB messageboards were a Cesspool of racism and misogyny before that movie was even greenlit. And people complained years and years before that movie existed. Blame the decade worth of trolls that were allowed to run rampant, not the people complaining about the trolls.

You have the power to put any person you don't like on ignore. The people who complained are the people not using this feature because they think they are special snowflakes and would rather destroy the entire site instead of using the ignore feature.

However, the closing of the message boards has nothing to do with trolls. It was done because IMDb can't monetize the message boards and make money off of it. The CEO is a liar . They only care about money.

No, I'll keep blaming complainers.

You must be one of those hacks who labelled everyone a racist and misogynist because they hated the awful new Ghostbusters because it was awful.

Oh, and clearly because they were chicks this time too. >:]

Blame the SJWs like you, go crawl into your safe space.

IMDB messageboards were a Cesspool of racism and misogyny before that movie was even greenlit.

I guess you have not been to the Yahoo comment boards then. This is nothing, I mean nothing compared to Yahoo comment boards.

Look at the boards for any superhero movie and you'll see why it got shut down.

Blame the Walking Dead boards for this. The things posted there are ridiculous and have nothing to do with the show

I couldn't find any outrageous threads over there. What specifically are you referring to?

No it was having Blacks take over more leads

The amount of racism is out of control, but IMDB will only act if they are homophobic.

Go to Marvel discussions and just see the amount of filth and anger directed at having a black guy play Sue Storms brother in the Fantastic Four. It got so bad, that Marvel stopped printing the comic which was in print for 50 years. Then they tore Thor a part for having a Black guy play Heimdall who watches over the Rainbow Bridge to Asgard.

Let's not forget the rumor that the same Black guy who played Heimdall, was supposed to be the new James Bond. OMG that news alone nearly blew up the internet!

Let's not forget the Black Storm Trooper hate filled comments from The Force Awakens. Where did this come from? There wasn't this kind of hate when Sam Jackson played the first Black Jedi or even when Bill Dee Williams played a starring role decades back.

This is indeed a new kind of racism, because oddly enough it is from people whom we thought were the MOST open minded of folks: Comicons

Sure Ghostbusters having all women leads didn't help things, because it went beyond simply changing one characters sex or race, to changing all of them.

Now there is another rant about Hollywood wanting to feature yet another previously all male cast film, by an all female cast. I can't remember what it is right now, but someone should be able to and post it here.

Re: No it was having Blacks take over more leads

Was it the new "Ocean's Eleven" movie?

Changing the cast's race/gender for no other reason than to pander to a political angle is a TERRIBLE idea and always fails because the motive is propaganda rather than making a good movie.

I personally think they should decide to change Charlie's Angels to a group of transgendered. The left's various contradictory groups would rip each other apart and we could sit and enjoy the bloodbath.

Do you have proof this was done for no other reason than what you have mentioned? Or is it just your opinion.

Why is it you lefties always demand absolute proof for any contradictory claims, but never offer any for your own, no matter how hyperbolic and ad hominem the attack tactic?

In other words, no you don't.

I can point to "Ghostbusters" as the most recent case of this. That's proof. Recent proof.

Now, you give me an example of a movie in which the cast was changed based on race or gender which has been a resounding success.

That's a ridiculous request. Sequels and remakes in general rarely do better than the original.

Try again.

In other words, you can't give an example to support your notion, but I did. so I win.

Chalk up another conservative victory! >:]

Actually you tried and failed to find more than one remake/sequel that did better than the original, hence your lengthy hiatus and ridiculous post.

"Titanic"

Ahem, allow me to reiterate: I win.

Er You forget the sequels Titanic II (2010) and Titanic (2012)

Like I said sequels and remakes RARELY do better than the original.

Evil Dead - Evil Dead 2 - Evil Dead Remake

Nightmare on Elm Street 1 - 2 - 3 - Remake

Die Hard 1 - 2

And for a gender reversal success you can also look at Evil Dead and the remake. I do prefer the original though.

With current remakes, reboots and sequels I think people are finally starting to realise that they'll be getting a lukewarm effort at best so are more reluctant to go.

John Hancock

You're a fucing moron!

Who?

Idris played the perfect Heimdall. Tired of these *beep* SWJ whimps and these comic nerds complaining about everything. If I had my way, they all would be dead in a giant fire pit.

Don't get hurt kid. I'm not your daddy, I'll beat you senseless.

All the hipster SWJ hermits at IMDb got too offended. Bunch of pussies.

Don't get hurt kid. I'm not your daddy, I'll beat you senseless.