Rings : Date pushed back

Date pushed back

So the studio has officially pushed back the date of release to February. That is a really really bad sign for the quality of this film. The studio actually spent quite a bit of money on this film already and the fact that they wouldn't take advantage of the Halloween season to promote it says a lot about the faith the studio has in this film being successful. This seems all but destined to fail.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: Date pushed back

OH MY *beep* GOD. I LITERALLT WANT TO KMS NOW. THEY ALREADY RELEASED A TRAILER. THEYRE GONNA LOSE A LOT OF MONEY

Someone's triggered. ;)

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
They probably couldn't get the editing from the reshoots done in time, or the scoring finished... they probably also didn't want to compete with Inferno. But now it's up against Resident Evil 🙄

-

EVIL COMES HOME - January 27th, 2017

The same thing was done with the new Amityville movie. They released a poster and a trailer...then pulled the movie and went and did reshoots.

In this case, Rings was scheduled for November, got pushed to April because they needed to do reshoots after bad test screen reactions, and then was pushed to October after reshoots still hadn't been completed (They only finally did them over the summer). I think at this point, reshoots are done and F. Javier Gutierrez posted on social media a few days ago that they are in the final days of scoring and post-production.
I'm pretty sure this new push is a mix of 2 things, the fact that Blair Witch (another movie relying on nostalgia of an older movie) bombed pretty hard, and the fact that Paramount lost a ton of money this week ($115 million).

I'm guessing that maybe reshoots didn't fix the problem (I remember back when the people that saw test screenings were saying that the original cuts of the film were even less good than The Ring 2) and Paramount decided that rather than doing more reshoots, it may be best to push it to a month where it has less competition so it can turn out a profit that's a bit better.

RE is bigger competition than Inferno, though

-

EVIL COMES HOME - January 27th, 2017

Might as well send it to Redbox... or Netflix.

On a 30 million budget? LOL NO

It's not like it's going to make even a quarter of that back in theaters. Lol.

It can if they get the same marketing team from 10 Cloverfield Lane

10 Cloverfield got good reviews and was good.

Rings could get good reviews? It probably wont anyways but look at Suicide Squad or even Ouija, awful reviews but made TONS of money

Why is Akiva Goldsman still allowed near an important screenplay?

smithc93 important? LOLs.

*ahem*
FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--

What the *beep*

Paramount's been having a pretty bad year this year and they obviously know they have a stinker on their hands with this film. I'm surprised they didn't pick the January dumping grounds.

At this point, I have lost interest in the movie. Judging by what the studio is doing, it is obvious the film's going to be terrible.

This move certainly gives the impression that this movie is a piece of crap.

Blair Witch flopped hard and it had good hype behind it, at least before it was released. Rings has no hype at all so it was heading for a big underperformance.

This is definitely the case. It was probably tracking bad and, with competition from Ouija releasing the weekend before and a Marvel movie the weekend after, it probably wouldn't have made as much money as Paramount wants. If they push it to February and give it some good promo it has a better chance to make back its budget. However if in the coming months there is little to no promo (like what's happening with the new Amityville movie), then it's just because they knew it was a stinker so they put it in one of the dump months.

It will get pushed back again and again until finally they just stop giving "release dates" and stop talking about it at all. The film has technically been done for over a year but it has been delayed and reshot to hell and back. It is not coming out.

Why am I reminded of Jason X's countless release date changes ?

I hope they won't push the release date of the book back as well. They are going to release the original Koji Suzuki's book, but with the cover that is like this movie's poster. I think it's the most beautiful edition of the book so far (at least in English). I'm really looking forward to buying it. It has "Rings" instead of "Ring" on its cover - that's bad, but otherwise it's a beautiful picture. I know that it's probably the main heroine's back that we see on the picture, but since we don't see her face and she has black hair, you can imagine it's Sadako. But now I think, since it's the movie's merchandise, it's possible they will move it's release date to February as well. :(

I have all the original English translations of the Ring series, the covers are awesome. I can't picture Ringu with the poster from Rings, it doesn't make sense. the ring on her back makes no sense. Sadako/Samara have made psychic images but not branding skin, so far.

Personally I'm relieved. From the trailer alone you can tell this movie would be less a supernatural mystery like the first and more a mindless mainstream horror. If they need time to make some changes I'm all for it.

They're not changing anything. The reshoots are OVER and Paramount is sure as hell not gonna spend any more money in this. Also the trailer didn't even show the actual plot, you know nothing!

Mainstream horror is right. Trailer showed an entire plane of Freakin labTOPS playing the RING VHS tape. WTF!

Ring 2nd best horror movie of all time
Rings probably wont be top 225 horror movie. Terrible trailer and been pushed back 5 times now.

I know I wasn't crazy. I was like what happened to the movie? o.O. Also they should make it come out in Jan on the 13th since its a friday. Makes more sense.
http://www.beyondblackwhite.com/-My community