Best and Worst : What is your worst film of 2016?

What is your worst film of 2016?

My pick: Ghostbusters (2016).

I've been a fan of GBs (hench my name here) for 31 years since i was 3 since the 85 re-issue was one of the first movies i saw in theaters and watched/taped the animated show religiously as a kid on ABC/syndicated TV and had the toys plus shirts, merchandise, drink the ecto-cooler, ate the cereal and saw GB 2 in theaters on my 7th birthday on opening day. I gotta say this remake was unnecessary and an insult to the franchise that doesn't honor or respect it but actually disrespects the franchise.

i am very thankful the new film flopped at the box-office and how it killed the franchise and sometimes it's better to kill something then let it suffer. This franchise has been a wounded dying half-dead soldier who got shot in a field of war many times as he is hiding behind a large boulder or building suffering for the last 25 years asking "Please let me die, kill me! please kill me! i don't wanna live anymore, take me take me" as he cries out to his soldier friend besides him begging him to kill him off so he won't suffer anymore since the Real GBs ended and nothing else good has came out in the last 25 years with the exception of the 2009 video game and the merchandise and comics by IDW, no movies since then and other games during the years have sucked and Extreme GBs was ok show and this remake flopped at the box-office.

You just can't recapture the same lightning in a bottle like the original as the original focused on a brilliant mature intelligent script and reminded how well crafted it is - it functions as a supernatural fantasy comedy adventure with horror trimmings, but tops the cake with a cast of talented comedy actors who are given just enough space to subtly dick around without undermining the world of the story. The world looks realistic and has an edge to it in the original as the original is what i call great filmmaking.

The new version sledgehammers some viewers with painfully forced juvenile Sandler (modern Sandler mind you)-esque humor, There's none of the restraint that allows space for wit, a poorly written unfunny script, poor pacing and the world seems utterly artificial plus no passion but money grab is what it is. None of the edge of the original movie and a lame villain who lacks the menace of Gozer and Viggo. It's closer to The Real Ghostbusters 80's early 90s cartoon (though not as good or well written like that show). This whole thing seems to perfectly showcase what 80's and 90's comedy did right, and what some modern comedy is doing wrong. Not to mention shooting the logo in the dick as a bad guy which is an insult to the franchise and there is no passion in this remake and just a cash-grab made by Sony. I have female friends who even find the tokenism of doing a 'women's version' of a successful franchise to be irritating and demeaning as a few of them thought this remake was poorly written, misygonstic towards men as one of my lady friends said it's an unfunny insult to women with such man hating agenda and well i enjoyed a few of Feig's movies, i felt he was the wrong guy for this project and even he didn't want to do it at first but he had to for the paycheck and he felt out of his comfort zone as R-rated films is what he is good at and not big budget PG-13 films as after this flopped, he should go back to original stuff. Not to mention the GBs kill the ghosts which breaks all the established rules of the originals.

Hollywood needs to focus on making good films and focus on the new franchises like Jack Reacher, Bourne, John Wick, Marvel Studios etc. not digging up some old favorites and desperately mangling the corpses into some focus-group approved poorly written abortion. Ghostbusters is best left alone. If Ramis was still with us then a third film might have been worthwhile, but they should have made it years ago, and now that he's gone so has Ghostbusters. A TV series about ghost-busters could work, but it shouldn't use the name of this series. Stealing the names of beloved properties just encourages creative laziness, studios need to rediscover the creative spirit that birthed great films/series, not keep recycling past glories.

I hope some people here will understand what i am saying as the world has moved on and some franchises need to be dead and left alone only for the memory of the original to be seen/loved/watched by everyone for years to come on what quality filmmaking is all about and that i am right with my truth about why some series should be left alone as some would and not to recycle some past glories as we moved on and need some fresh new things for current film.

Sometimes dead is better like Jud Crandall in Pet Sematary would say and the franchise died with Harold Ramis. My pick for worst film of 2016.

"Unicorn, mermaid, vampire,sorceress! No name you'd give her would surprise me i love whom i love"

Re: What is your worst film of 2016?

Meet The Blacks...

My 3 worst are
Cell
Yoga hosers
Ghostbusters

Ghostbusters for sure

Life goes on, and it has to be stay that way

I haven't seen most of the 2016 movies that have been considered universally disliked. But Ghostbusters would probably be mine as well.

Independence Day: Resurgence

7/10=good()5/10=mediocre

ID4: Regurgitation is my second least fave movie of the year

"Unicorn, mermaid, vampire,sorceress! No name you'd give her would surprise me i love whom i love"

Suicide Squad.

No fun, story ridiculous, characters kust bad, scenario, ahahahahha good joke.

Movie with all promotion on the joker and with 3 minutes of a joker scary as the joker from the serie of th 60

One thing that make me warning on the screen : the ass of Margot Robbie in 3d 😀

We spared no expense
Si tu veux éviter un malheur, ne jette pas de chips a ton chauffeur

Zoolander 2. I never saw the original film so that didn't factor into my opinion of the sequel. It's just awful. Dozens of cameo appearances and a cast of actors that are genuinely funny but they're all either stupid or boring here.

Whatever you are, be a good one.

Worst 10 films Ive seen this year

The Boy
The Choice
Justice League vs Teen Titans
The Shallows
The Forest
Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip
Mechanic: Resurrection
The 5th Wave
Ice Age: Collission Course
How to be Single

There lies his crown in water deep, till Durin wakes again from sleep.

Independence Day Resurgence. Ghostbusters would be a very close second.

Independence Day Resurgence.

Yoga Hosers & God's Not Dead 2

The Fifth Wave and it may well be one of the worst of all time.

Batman V Superman is the lousiest movie I've ever beheld. When I consider the $12 and 169 minutes of life that I'll never get back, I shake my head in dismay. So sad! Truly the worst of 2016.

Dear Santa, please send me a Tiffany Mynx clone or lovebot this year.

Really ?

I found this movie great, and the extended version a masterpiece. The scene where Batman fight the guys of Lex Luthor is amazing ! And the Batmobile scene ! And the fight beetween Superman and Batman, it is a titan clash !!! I enjoyed this movie.

And if Santa send a clone to me, thank to him 😀

We spared no expense

I respect your opinion, I simply and steadfastly disagree. This movie should have been so much, much more. It was overly dark with disjointed, all-over-the-place plotting, almost zero character expansion on Lois Lane, Superman, Lex and any other number of minor and major characters. Heck, Jimmy Olsen was an afterthought!

The few minutes of action between Supes and Bats is intense but it can't redeem a poorly shot, poorly conceived story and otherwise banal performances from Cavil, Affleck and even Gabot. Her time on the screen is utterly wasted and you really learn nothing about her, except where you can "fill in the blanks" based on Wonder Woman's history. A non-comics fan would be scratching their heads over her. Was she fun to watch? Oh yes! Was she essential to the story and added a meaningful story of her own? Not really.

I'm not exaggerating. This is the worst movie I've ever seen. It was a blown opportunity to make something great. I can only hope the coming DCEU movies will be much brighter with better acting and intelligent plots.

"Hallelujah, Holy *beep* Now where's the Tylenol???" - Clark Griswold

Hi

I respect your opinion too. Your opinion has the same value tham my opinion.

I understand that somebody don't like same movies than me. and sure there is more movie we like twice than we dislike.

B vs S could be better, sure. The problem, i think, it is that DC want to introduce lot of his justice league in 2/3 years, when Marvel make it since 10 years. So i agree with you that the scenario would be better (the scene with Flash is just miss understanding for people who don('t know the comics and it is a probleme.

But for me i really enjoy the fight scene and sure at 1000 % that Gal Gadot is fun to watch 😀

We spared no expense

On this we agree totally, Gal Gadot if fun to watch! 😁

bvs is an absolute mess of a film... they packed WAYYYYY too muich into that film.. it was so convoluted and boring because of non-stop action(it happens).. i cared about absolutely NOTHING in that film... 5th worst out of 41 viewd so far for me...

worse..
Neighbors 2
The Do Over
The Legend of Tarzan
Sausage Party

I have Mechanic Resurrection and London has fallen above bvs, and they're terrible. jmo

Probably London Has Fallen. It does improve for about 5 minutes near the end but otherwise its garbage, the CGI is photoshop level and the script was clearly written by an idiot.

Runners up are Mechanic: Resurrection and Zoolander 2. People slagging off BvS need to re-evaluate their taste. The theatrical cut was a fun mess due to WB's meddling but the ultimate cut is one of the best comic book movies ever made.

Independence Day: Resurgence

I am the Alpha and the Omoxus The Omoxus and the Omega

Zoolander 2

"No more dead bodies for daddy tonight"

Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising

Loneliness has followed me my whole life, everywhere. In bars, in cars, sidewalks,stores, everywhere

One of these three:

The Do-Over
Sausage Party
The Legend of Tarzan

all 3.5-4/10 territory... granted i try to avoid terrible films.

and I agree with the last poster too - as Neighbors 2 would be the next one I would mention... only seen 41/89 on my watchlist

My 5 worst.

1. The Atheist Delusion - 1/10
2. WEAPONiZED - 1/10
3. Ghostbusters - 2/10
4. Slender - 3/10
5. Home Invasion - 3/10
6. The Conjuring 2 - 4/10
7. Cell - 4/10
8. The Trust - 5/10
9. I Am Wrath - 5/10
10. Independence Day: Resurgence - 5/10

Suicide squad

Get a Job
Anna Kendrick failed me :(

Suicide Squad, absolutely dreadful from beginning to end.

Nothing is as it seems so I wouldn't judge by what you think you see.

Still need to watch the original of Ghostbusters, the sequel and the reboot. I know there are lot worse than BvS which it is my worst movie of the year as of now (3.5/10).

_
http://67.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm56tvJqLq1qb9pa3o1_500.gif

I've not seen that many of this years releases but The Conjuring 2 was a real borefest of old hat nonsense.

Star Wars Rogue One which I just saw the other day was really bad, but still better than Suicide Squad and Hail Caesar which were just dreadful. Agree with you on The Conjuring 2, an utter bore fest. Also, The Witch was pretty bad as well.

Nothing is as it seems so I wouldn't judge by what you think you see.

definitely ghostbusters