Best and Worst : Best movie fight scenes of 2016

Best movie fight scenes of 2016

Best movie fight scenes of 2016

1. Captain America: Civil War – Airport battle and final fight.
Civil War has some of the best action sequences of this year and both fights I equally love for different reasons. The airport battle is the most fun sequence in the film. It is amazing by technical standards with the use of perfect editing, vfx, cinematography and choreography. So many memorable moments from seeing Spider-man in action to Ant-man’s turning into Giant Man. Now the final fight in Siberia I love for how it wraps up the story in an emotionally satisfying way. Once that video was revealed, you know that politics were no longer a factor and it became personal. It was a fight I wasn’t actually sure who was going to win and I couldn’t look away like a car accident. And it really showed you how brutal these characters had gotten when Tony wanted to avenge his parent’s death And Steve and Bucky had to protect one another.

2. Star Wars: Rogue One – Battle of Scariff.
Gareth Edwards knows how to do a final battle along some help from Tony Gilroy during the reshoots. It features some of the best battle sequences in Star Wars that don’t feature a lightsaber. The ground battles felt very dirty and tense while the space battles looked visually stunning. This fight wasn’t afraid to show how harsh and brutal war is going to be. It showed these great new characters getting picked off one by one until the last were finished with literally a bang. But it also shows how their self-sacrifice is what leads the Rebellion to victory in New Hope.

3. Batman V Superman - Warehouse fight.
Batman V Superman is not great movie but what I will remember the most is when we finally got to see Batfleck taking out criminals. And If I will give Zack Snyder one thing over Christoper Nolan it’s that he knows how to show Batman as an experienced fighter. You see this Batman can truly take one five goons at the same time and truly hit them at their weak points. It felt like it was the fight I always wanted to see come out of an Arkham game and into a live-action movie.

4. Deadpool – Deadpool vs. Ajax/Colossus vs. Angel.
Great duel with Deadpool and Ajax wielding katanas against axes while Colossus and Angel brawling it out in a scrapyard. I put this fight in my top five because it is pretty brutal but there are plenty of great gags like the wardrobe malfunction to Deadpool's brain-damaged hallucinations to make it as funny as it was entertaining.

5. Doctor Strange - Time Reversal.
This is probably the most original fight sequence I have ever seen in a superhero movie. Whereas most of these fights usually end with lots of destruction, Doctor Strange goes in a complete reverse, no pun intended. It starts with an already-destroyed city and then rewinds time to see the hero and villain fight while the city is repairing itself. And this leads to Strange confronting the demon Dormammu and defeating him by countlessly say “Dormammu, I’ve come to bargain” through a never-ending time loop.

Runner-ups:
Batman V Superman – Batman fights Superman
Kubo and the Two Strings – Battle on the lake
Warcraft – Durotan fight Gul’dan

Re: Best movie fight scenes of 2016

13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi- the final hour basically
The Accountant- basically every action sequence
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice- warehouse fight
Blood Father- final fight
Captain America: Civil War- airport & final battle
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them- final action sequence
Hacksaw Ridge- battle scenes
Jason Bourne- final fight
Kubo and the Two Strings- boat fight
The Magnificent Seven- final fight sequence
The Nice Guys- fight at Gosling's house, final action sequence
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story- Vader fight
Star Trek Beyond- space battles and motorcycle sequence

I thought the war scenes in Hacksaw Risge were unbelievably good.

Civil War was amazing