Best and Worst : Best Sequel in a Movie Series

Best Sequel in a Movie Series

Another one of these lol. These can be either second in line for being the best next to the original or it can actually be the best. However, it can only be a sequel in the original franchise if the franchise was rebooted/remade (ex Spider-Man 2, Halloween II, TMNT II, etc.) Here are my picks:

Batman (Burton/Schumacher franchise) - Batman Returns
The Dark Knight Trilogy - The Dark Knight (also best one in the trilogy as well as the best Batman movie ever)
Spider-Man Trilogy - Spider-Man 3
Superman (original series) - Superman II
Shrek - Shrek 2
Toy Story - Toy Story 3
Rocky - Rocky III
Mad Max - The Road Warrior (also best in the series)
Friday the 13th - Friday the 13th Part III (also best in the series)
Halloween - Halloween H20
A Nightmare on Elm Street - A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2
Child's Play - Curse of Chucky (also best in the series)
Saw - Saw III
Evil Dead - Evil Dead II (also best in the series)
Hellraiser - Hellbound: Hellraiser II
Paranormal Activity - Paranormal Activity 3
Scream - Scream 4
Insidious - Insidious Chapter 2
Final Destination - Final Destination 2
Wrong Turn - Wrong Turn 2: Dead End
Ice Age - Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
Madagascar - Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Kung Fu Panda - Kung Fu Panda 2
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - TMNT
Austin Powers - The Spy Who Shagged Me
Terminator - Terminator 2: Judgement Day

Re: Best Sequel in a Movie Series

Batman (Burton/Schumacher franchise) - Batman Returns
The Dark Knight Trilogy - The Dark Knight
Spider-Man Trilogy - Spider-Man 2
Shrek - Shrek 2
Toy Story - Toy Story 3
Rocky - Rocky III
Mad Max - Fury Road
Friday the 13th - Friday the 13th Part III
Halloween - Halloween H20
A Nightmare on Elm Street - A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2
Child's Play - Bride of Chucky
Saw - Saw III
Evil Dead - Evil Dead II
Scream - Scream 4
Final Destination - Final Destination 3
Kung Fu Panda - Kung Fu Panda 3
Die Hard - Die Hard with a Vengeance
Hellraiser - Hellraiser: Bloodline

7/10=good()5/10=mediocre

Wow a lot of your picks are the same as mine lol. Well you know what they say, great minds think alike!

I added 2 at the end randomly.

7/10=good()5/10=mediocre

I see good choices. I have only seen the first 3 Hellraiser movies so far and the original Die Hard

I actually dislike all the Hellraiser movies.

7/10=good()5/10=mediocre

The Godfather II... better than The Godfather

I really want to watch the Godfather films, if I have the time for them considering that they are all 3 hrs long each.

You can skip the third one...stinko

I have been hearing that the third one is by far the weakest, but it doesn't seem that bad to me from the ratings on IMDb and Rotten Tomatoes

wellllll ok but start at 1

Of course, I always start with the first movie, well usually anyway. Some movie series I've seen are out of order (Halloween, Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, etc)

Batman (Burton/Schumacher franchise) - Batman
The Dark Knight Trilogy - The Dark Knight
Mad Max - The Road Warrior
Lethal Weapon - Lethal Weapon 3
Halloween - Halloween
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Child's Play - Child´s Play
Insidious - Insidious Chapter 2
Kung Fu Panda - Kung Fu Panda 2
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - TMNT
Evil Dead - Evil Dead
Blade - Blade II
Hellboy - Hellboy
Die Hard - Die Hard
Bad Boys - Bad Boys
Kill Bill - Kill Bill Vol. 1
The Godfather - The Godfather II

Loneliness has followed me my whole life, everywhere. In bars, in cars, sidewalks,stores, everywhere

Are those your favourite movie in each series? I was asking for best SEQUEL in the headline because I can see you have first instalments for your picks...?

Batman Returns
The Dark Knight
Spider Man 3
Shrek
Toy Story
Rocky 4
Mad Max 2
Friday the 13th
Halloween H20
A Nightmare On Elm Street
Saw
Evil Dead 2
Scream
Final Destination 5
Terminator 2
Lethal Weapon 2
For a Few Dollars More
Die Hard
The Godfather
Fletch
The Silence of the Lambs
Predator
Aliens
Kill Bill vol.1
Home Alone
Desperado
Universal Soldier
First Blood
Psycho

👆

We are the music are the music makers... we are the dreamers of dreams.

Hey, man! Glad to see you posting more threads like this, I enjoyed the first one.

Batman (Burton/Schumacher) - Batman Forever (I never liked any of those movies but when I was a kid, at least Jim Carrey made Forever entertaining in a goofy sort of way)
The Dark Knight Trilogy - The Dark Knight (you are definitely right about this being the best in the series and the best Batman movie ever. I hate that all the fanboys have made this film seem overrated, so now I can't talk about it without getting ridiculed by somebody. But I truly believe it's a good movie and Heath Ledger deserved his Oscar)
Spider-Man Trilogy - Spider-Man 3 (it's not a great film, but I have to agree. 2 was a lot more boring compared to 3)
Toy Story - Toy Story 3 (sad, heartfelt ending that may be ruined when they make that fourth installment to be quite honest with you)
Rocky - Rocky III (my favorite film of the franchise)
Mad Max - The Road Warrior (no arguments there, either)
Friday the 13th - I believe it is The Final Chapter that has Tommy Jarvis as the main protagonist against Jason, I liked that one the best
Halloween - Halloween H20 (I saw some of this once but other than that never watched any of the sequels, so we'll go with this one)
A Nightmare On Elm Street - Wes Craven's New Nightmare (nothing topped the original, but with Craven back in the game this was the best they could have done at that point)
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - never watched any of the sequels
Child's Play - never watched any of the sequels
Saw - Saw II (I guess. Those got worse and worse for me as it went on)
Evil Dead - Army of Darkness (completely different type of film, really, but I enjoy the heck out of it)
Scream - Scream 2 (actually my favorite installment in the franchise)
Insidious - N/S
Final Destination - Final Destination 2 (again, it just gets worse as it goes on)
Ice Age - Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (Simon Pegg's Buck character saved this)
Madagascar - Escape 2 Africa (I really only like the first one, but this tops the other sequels)
Kung Fu Panda - Kung Fu Panda 2 (again, I only enjoy the first one, but 3 was pretty bland)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - TMNT (pretty easy decision)
Terminator - Terminator 2: Judgment Day (one of the best sequels of all time)

Sorry, I really want to add on again:
Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back (just the quintessential sequel, really)
Lethal Weapon - Lethal Weapon 3 (I love the whole series, so it's hard to pick, but I think I like this a little better than 2 and 4)
Alien - Aliens (because the rest suck)
The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers (Return of the King was epic, but the second film is actually my favorite, and contains a lot of my favorite individual scenes as well)
Star Trek - Wrath of Khan (one of the only movies I can watch in this franchise, apologies to all the Trekkies out there)
Jack Ryan - Patriot Games (one of my favorite Harrison Ford movies that isn't a big franchise)
Indiana Jones - The Last Crusade (all Indy fans love this movie)

"We're not too old for this sh*t!" -Riggs and Murtaugh, 'Lethal Weapon 4' (1998)

Hey nice choices. Which reminds me, I forgot to add Catching Fire for the Hunger Games and also Breaking Dawn Part 2 for Twilight for those franchises. I can't believe I didn't put those down lol. Yeah, I have seen the Lord of the Rings trilogy (all 3) but not any of the Hobbit films. My favourite sequel is obviously Return of the King, but my overall favourite in the trilogy has got to be The Fellowship of the Ring only because RotK was way too long imo, and my least favourite is The Two Towers (but it's still a good movie). I can see you have a lot of extras, which I'm pretty envious about checking out some major franchises (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Star Trek, etc).

Mine would be Catching Fire for the Hunger Games as well. I never got into Twilight. The Hobbit films are alright. I like them for what they're worth, but they can't touch Lord of the Rings. You should definitely check out Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and Star Trek (particularly the first two if you ask me, but it's always subjective. Everyone can be called either a Star Wars person or a Star Trek person, it's just a matter of finding out).

"We're not too old for this sh*t!" -Riggs and Murtaugh, 'Lethal Weapon 4' (1998)

Sanjuro is a great sequel to Yojimbo

Bump