Best and Worst : IMDb, Can't You At Least Archive All the Message Boards???

IMDb, Can't You At Least Archive All the Message Boards???

I'm one of the many who thinks that IMDb's decision to disable the message boards is terrible and I would love them to reconsider and keep things the way they are (maybe with better administrative rules).

If they're bound and determined to stop them, though, PLEASE can't they archive all of the ones that are here, and just make it so that they can't be added to?

One of my favorite things about IMDb is when I see a new movie, or one I haven't seen in a long time, is to come here and check out the film. I like to see the quotes selected, read the trivia, and read the posts that others had put up in the past. I can't believe that I won't be able to do that anymore!

It was bad when Television Without Pity stopped (this is much much worse), but after the outcry at least they archived what was already there. Please please please do that here!

I remember when I drove a Moon-Crane. Damn near rolled the thing into the Sea of Tranquility.

Re: IMDb, Can't You At Least Archive All the Message Boards???

Good idea!

This is a good idea. Archived board that is locked could also incorporate some kind of report button so person X (whoever/volunteers) can tidy up any remaining troll/abuse and eventually leave a decent post history of Imdb.

Yea. That would be great.

Poorly Lived and Poorly Died, Poorly Buried and No One Cried