Cult TV : Favorite TV theme song Ever ever

Favorite TV theme song Ever ever

Hey guys! I have a podcast that's mostly about old TV shows and movies and how awesome the world was back when.

We've done retrospective looks on
Boy Meets World
Saved by the Bell
Fresh Prince of Bel Air
The Adventures of Pete and Pete
Ren and Stimpy
Batman: The Animated Series
The Critic
Clarissa Explains it All
and next week we upload 3rd Rock From the Sun.

We're doing a countdown on our show of peoples favorite TV show theme songs of all time. PLease do me a favor and email a vote to torgospizzeria@gmail.com

and if you want to hear the podcast it's here http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/torgos-pizzeria-podcast/id425836729 ?ign-mpt=uo%3D4

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Torgos-Pizzeria/123237774430208

Re: Favorite TV theme song Ever ever

I just love the classical Gothic opening music of Angel. It almost makes me want to cry.

The opening music of Doctor Who is also a classic. With that eerie electronic sound it instantly transmits the idea that "there are strange things going on out there....", and as a matter of fact if it had lyrics that phrase should be one of the lyrics.

Firefly "The Ballad of Serenity"

long standing top pick would be - believe it or not - from The Greatest American Hero

Oh yeah, I forgot how great that theme was. They cancelled this sweet show before it had a real chance to get going. We never missed an episode of The Greatest American Hero. William Katt was terrific. He's Barbara Hale's son (Hale was Perry Mason's secretary Della Street).

My favorites:

Maverick
12 O'Clock High
Mission: Impossible
Peter Gunn
Alias Smith & Jones
Hawaii 5-0

And NO the world was not awesome during the Vietnam War. But the 50s weren't bad.

Yup, Peter Gunn and Mission Impossible, AND The Avengers.

What's up, Cock?.....FTW

Hi,
Sorry I didn't reply sooner but I was busy being sick all of January.

I guess you liked the theme songs I picked and added a couple of really good ones--Peter Gunn (I have a 45 rpm record of that one) and Mission Impossible. I remember Mission Impossible theme playing on the radio in the fall of 1967, a big hit. All the themes we've both mentioned still hold up as great to this day. I actually can't truly remember The Avengers' theme even though I always watched that show. One of the stars, Patrick McNee, was living about 50 miles south of where I live but don't know if he's still with us. I'm sure I'd remember Avengers' theme if I heard it, but I haven't seen an episode since the 70s.

We are having bouts of various illnesses here in the UK as well - hope you are feeling much better now....

Here is the full version of The Avengers theme with, in my opinion, the best pairing of McNee and Diana Rigg, and yes Mr McNee is still with us aged 91!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPSWrGJjur8

The Fall Guy theme tune hands down

No question - Angel. The extended version of that song is great! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPnkB_cKKi8

Goth for LIFE!

I would go with these:

Hill St Blues

Hawaii 5-0

Rockford Files

Mission Impossible

M*A*S*H

Taxi

Probably "All in the Family".

~~
Jim Hutton: talented gorgeous hot hunk; adorable as ElleryQueen; SEXIEST ACTOR EVER

just read this post for the first time and would like to post my choices if I could please??the haunting and creepy music from the origional series "The Twilight Zone" and also the music from the opening of the origional tv series "Dark Shadows" are by far my most favorites.

DR.WHO
THE INCREDIBLE HULK
KNIGHT RIDER
SUPER-FRIENDS
THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN
SPIDER-MAN AND HIS AMAZING FRIENDS
ULYSSES 51
OUT OF THIS WORLD
CHALLENGE OF THE GOBOTS
TRANSFORMERS
G.I.JOE
LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE
KOLCHAK:THE NIGHT STALKER
WAR OF THE WORLDS:THE SERIES Season 1
THE FLASH
GREATEST AMERICAN HERO
DIFF'RENT STROKES
WALKER:TEXAS RANGER
TOUCHED BY AN ANGEL
and a bunch of others I am sure I've forgotten to list.

Could be nostalgia... but my favorite to this day would be the theme from:

"The Persuaders" (1971 - John Barry)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t99QQIXez4M

Barney Miller. I don't think I ever heard it played on the radio, but it was certainly good enough to be a stand-alone jazz piece.

"The Persuaders" (1971 - John Barry)

I was gonna say that. Well, the only one that doesn't seem to have been mentioned that needs to be is "The Wild, Wild West" theme by Richard Markowitz.

Get Smart

Volker Flenske: (While torturing David) I don't know why you're doing this to yourself!

Themes from

The Rockford Files
Columbo
Dallas
Magnum P.I.
The Waltons
Taxi
Cheers

~
If this is what happens when God is looking out for us, I'd hate to see Him pissed.

Why wasn't kenan and kel in the original post?