Phoebe in Wonderland : Appropriate for an 8 year old

Appropriate for an 8 year old

i (13) havent seen it yet and my sister (8) wants to see it. is it ok?

Re: Appropriate for an 8 year old

I think it depends on the child. My intellectually gifted mildly disabled seven year old daughter loved it and could really relate to it. My main concern for an eight year old is that there are some disturbing things in it, like Phoebe's hands being bloody from washing them, and how she is so overwhelmed by other compulsions, and one scene involving physical danger. I think there was some very brief "bad language" but you could barely make it out. So, if you're prepared to talk with her about tough issues causing stress to a child, and conflict between the adults around her, and if you think she would be interested in a movie about such topics, I think for most kids it would be okay.

I think there were 2 F-words.

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

You know, it's a fine line for someone as young as 8 years-old. A ten year-old could probably handle and understand what is taking place. I think I would want your Mom, Dad, Grandma, or some other adult watch the movie with you and little sis. Just my opinion.

I see no problem at all. The movie deals with this problems in a very subtle way, almost as it was all in Phoebe's visions. It has some touchy subjets, but the script handles it very well, and if your sister has doubts about anything, I don't see a mother, grandmother etc having any problems explaining them to her.

I just watched the movie, and my nine year old sister watched the first 40 minutes with me, and was apparently loving it. I'll post what she thought about the whole movie when she finishes it, but I can tell you that the only thing she asked me during the whole time was what did the kid had, what really isn't explicitly told until the last 10 minutes of the movie.