Legion : James Macavoy/Patrick Stewart make an appearance?

James Macavoy/Patrick Stewart make an appearance?

Any word?

-Who is it?
-It's Grandpa. And it sounds like he's gotten into the horseradish again.

Re: James Macavoy/Patrick Stewart make an appearance?

I'm pretty sure at NYCC, Noah Hawley said that at some point (hopefully maybe even in a scene in season 1) we would probably get to see professor x. I really hope it happens. Without a doubt, if it happens, we would get Patrick Stewart (which still would be hard for them bc he will likely die in Logan so that might confuse people even though this looks like it's set way before Logan). I hope it happens. I would say Patrick would probably be interested in it too bc his show on Starz recently got cancelled so he's probably going to be free, and the show is produced by singer, kinberg, and Shuler Donner. All people he worked with on the xmen films, so I think he'd be interested
I hope it happens

legion debuts before logan i don't see the problem
all they have to do is make stewart clean shaven and ta-da, he has deaged

But this show clearly takes place in the 1970's, so how could they use Patrick Stewart unless they came up with some kind of time travel element? I mean, one of Legion's personalities does have that power, so it's possible, but it seems more straightforward to have era-appropriate Xavier McAvoy, no?

So Charles miraculously has a teenage son in the 1970s out of nowhere? He didn't have a kid in 1973, or during the early 60s while he was "with" Raven and interested in Moira...I know they love fudging with timelines and continuity and all, but really? During the DoFP years they'll have quiet moments at an insane asylum? Anyway, to quell any questions on who would be Charles in the show, Hawley said neither because they'd have to pay them movie salary for a TV show. So we'll be seeing a different Charles actor than we're used to.

Yeah it doesn't make a lot of sense, timeline wise (does anything in the x-universe?). Even if Charles got Gabrielle pregnant when he was a teenager in the mid-1950's, that would only make David around 20 at the most. It's nonsensical unless time travel is involved.

Perhaps, but the more likely outcome will be Charles being portrayed by a new actor.

COOKIES AND MILK!-Ed

Since Legion is taking place in another universe, one of the producers said another actor would play Prof. X if he showed up on the show.

The producers said that if Xavier appears, he won't be played by Stewart or McAvoy.

This NEEDS to happen if the show is going to get a season 2. The sooner they use Xavier the better.

"Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop to look around once in a while, you could miss it."