Legion : Time period?

Time period?

Early 1970's? I'm just guessing from the clothes. Anybody know for sure?

Re: Time period?

Probably before Days of Future Past, where the US government is in the early days of being aware that something called mutants exist but the public is not.

I hope this means we get a Boliver Trask or young Stryker cameo.

It'll be later than the 1970's, Legion is a full grown adult here and he's Charles Xavier's son, so I'd say it's probably in the 1990's or later.

It is hard to tell by the clothing style though, it doesn't seem to have a real time stamp on it. Most of it looks 80's or 90's but the military troops from the trailers look much more modern day. Hard to tell.

It's actually ambiguous as to the time period to convey David's sense of unreality.

That's a clever use of costuming.

I wonder what narrative style the series is going to be in? Will it all be from David's perception? Because if so it could be a very strange series indeed.

From what I have read, yes, the entire show will be told from David's perception. That's why the trailers are so out there and trippy.

Yes I think the whole point was to make it so a naive viewer wouldn't necessarily be sure if the main character is telling truth or not. Like, is he a crazy human or is he something "else". However I think the suspense over that will be VERY short-lived I mean most people are aware this is based on comic books.

----------------------------------

So yeah, that's how I feel anyways

Yes, but Noah Hawley made clear that they are not directly following any of the Legion storylines from the comic books.

So there is a possibility that that he is crazy.

If they were going by the timeline, David would be exactly the right age as a grown man in the mid-70's here. Xavier was with Gabrielle Haller right after WWII, So if David was born around 1950, then he would be about 25 in 1975, which fits with the aesthetic of the clothes and electronics in the trailer.

Xavier having a son in his 20's the 1990's makes no sense unless he conceived him during his druggie bathrobe era in the early 1970's when he had lower -ahem- mobility (not saying paralytic scant have sex with assistance, but they're usually not very fertile, esp in their 40's). That doesn't jibe with the Gabrielle/Israel storyline though, so idk.

Looks like late 60's

-Who is it?
-It's Grandpa. And it sounds like he's gotten into the horseradish again.

I'm not certain the actual time the series takes place is known. Noah Hawley has said that they went for a 60s/70s British design aesthetic, but not that that is the time period of the series (which likely takes place inside Haller's head, from what we know already).