Over Her Dead Body : Lake Bell

Lake Bell

For some reason, she annoys the crap out of me. CANNOT. STAND. HER. I wish her acting career would die a merciful, quick death - so, why would I see this movie?

I'm sure lots of people love her, and who am I to argue? But, I'm wondering if anyone else feels the same irrational sort of intense dislike towards Lake Bell?

Post deleted

This message has been deleted.

Re: Lake Bell

Just watched the previews, and she does look annoying and not very cute.

"Perhaps we can learn a lesson from this tragedy like don't steal and don't be disturbed."

She is an annoying ugly as *beep* "actress" who cannot act. even though this was prob the worst movie i've ever seen in my life, she took it to a whole other level! She sucked. Who hires her??? WHOOO? Stop it!!!!

Totally not alone, she annoyed me too.

But, I'm wondering if anyway else feels the same irrational sort of intense dislike towards Lake Bell?

Not towards Lake Bell (whoever the hell that is) but I do feel that way about Eva Longoria.. something about her just really rubs me the wrong way.

Dr Bong Music & Videos http://www.worldofbong.com

Lake Bell is the other female lead in this movie, besides Eva Longoria - the girl that Eva haunts. I will agree with you on the Eva hate, though. She is so annoying, and ridiculous.

I totally agree! I've never seen Lake Bell in anything, but she majorly BUGS!!!!! Not only is her name incredibly obnoxious, but she's got horse-face!

You can blame her parents for her 'obnoxious' name; it's her real name.

"Less is more."

I'm watching the movie right now and she is pretty annyoing. And she would be so much prettier if she didn't have such a huge schnoz.

I was born when she kissed me. I died when she left me. I lived a few weeks while she loved me.

I'm not sure what you are all on about. Lake Bell is gorgeous. Seriously, she has an amazing body (including an incredibly sexy tummy) and her face is very attractive. Just because she doesn't fit into the average Hollywood mold doesn't mean she isn't beautiful. You've just gotten so used to seeing leading women with nose-jobs, face-lifts and collagen lips that you've forgotten what a real woman looks like.

She is ok looking but she has the physical comedy and reminds me of Debra Messing

She looks like a transsexuall.

Agreed. She does look like a man with a woman's body or in one word - TRANSEXUAL.

When I watched the scene where the ghost tells her to start dating her bf, I thought I saw greenish outline of a beard and mustache, the kind of greenish tinge a man's face has.

I was going to start a thread on this

My vote history : http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=26712582

:O I SAW THAT TOO! I kept staring at her and noticing the difference between her and Eva Longoria. I saw the mustache.

Transexual is the best way to describe her. I'm sure if she fixed herself up slightly she would look decent.

FFS listen to all the Brad Pitts and Elle McPhersons on here.

Lake Bell is quite an attactive girl. Fair enough, different people annoy different viewers. I've always found her quite good and enjoyed her in Boston Legal.

Eva Longoria can grate at times but she plays self centred characters quite well.

You got that right, she does. she is just somehow huge, in every sense. Paul Rudd is way too cute for her. she looks old, too

And Eva Longoria does not look transsexual? Just kidding!

Personally I think that all three of the girls, Lake, Eva, and Lindsay were attractive and Lindsay is cute, has Zooey Deschanel and Kat Dennings matched.

Amanda Bynes is hot and Lindsay Lohan is not.
Profile pic: Courtney Thorne-Smith.

She's so hot, her smile is amazing. And her hair is gorgeous.

i agree she was very annoying! you would be pretty annoyed you went from Eva to Lake Bell

Post deleted

Boy oh Boy how she annoyed me! I was hoping they should have swapped Lindsay Sloane & her. Lindsay is way hotter than her in this movie. Would have been more realistic Psychic too. In no way Lake appears to be a Psychic. Its as if she was ridiculing all Psychics off the Camera.

In this movie, her acting was so cheesy it made me want to pry my eyes out with a spoon. But I loved her in What Happens In Vegas. She was hilarious. yes.gif

evil1.gifI'm your punk-rock prom queen.royal.gif

While I was watching the movie all I wanted to do was punch her in the face.

She annoys the f * * * out of me.

While I was watching the movie all I wanted to do was punch her in the face.

Funny! Yeah, that Lake chick and Eva were EQUALLY ANNOYING, LAKE MAY HAVE EDGE!
Neither can act, both are one trick ponies "Horse faces"! Whoever said Lake is gorgeous is tripping! Her cornball antics, body language, facial expressions and overall Over-the-top demeanor are all less than desirable, and IMHO kinda ugly. At least Eva is easy on the eyes. Lake makes you say, please, "make it go away".

YTF did they cast her? Glad they didn't go cookie cutter, but something is not likable about her.

Neither Lake nor Eva were lit or shot well. Lindsay Sloane looks better than both.

Lake Bell has pretty eyes, nice hair and body. Unfortunately she also has a Rita Hayworth style low hairline, no eyebrows, a man's jawline, and her big schnoz and downturned mouth are deal killers. Bottom line: CRISPIN GLOVER IN DRAG. Proof: Have you ever seen them together?

PS Eva looks good as always, but her hairdo was awful and the white sheath dress downplayed her assets. bc

Post deleted

Yeah I loathed her in this movie.
Were we supposed to feel sympathetic towards her character? Because Ashley was a HUGE bitch and I really wish she'd gotten crushed by an ice sculpture.

She was just awful.

I am obviously in the minority on this thread but I think she is beautiful AND cute/funny which is a very cool combination.

But that's just me.

Actually I am watching the movie now and I think it's pretty funny!

I think she's absolutely beautiful! I love how she looks so different from the other Hollywood actresses. Her acting might not be amazing but she was funny in this movie! I can't stand eva longoria though, she might be pretty but she's annoying and her acting sucks!

"did i ever tell you i was struck by lightning 7 times?"

I think she's absolutely beautiful! I love how she looks so different from the other Hollywood actresses. Her acting might not be amazing but she was funny in this movie! I can't stand eva longoria though, she might be pretty but she's annoying and her acting sucks!

"did i ever tell you i was struck by lightning 7 times?"

We're in the minority on this thread. :) And yeah, I thought she was funny! I think it's cool when people can act goofy and not feel the need to be all "I'm gorgeous so I must act like I have a stick up my _ _ _".

I thought Eva Longoria was good in The Sentinal but other than that and this movie I haven't seen her in anything else.

would have been better if Lindsay Sloane and Lake Bell were cast for each other's roles

It would probably would have been even better if this movie had never been made at all.

Though, I am not at all surprised to see that Lake Bell's career is heading steadily down the crapper. Appeal of any kind, she has none.

i agreeshe has no screen presence at allshud have sucked someone off to land a lead role

I am sooo glad i am not the only one who hates Lake bell. I lost all sympathy for her when she lied and tricked eva into thinking she was finally going to let her contact her husband. Eva's character didn't even get the chance to tell her husband how she felt, that was her one opprotunity to talk to her husband through another person and that nasty red godillza get it from her.

Yea, I agree with the minority, she's hot.. big time. Beautiful eyes.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Both her & Eva Longoria Parker are lets put it kindly, very average looking, & how the latter is on the most beautiful list is beyond me. Without the makeover they are probably both as ugly as hell, & wouldn't rate a second glance on any high street.

Post deleted

I agree I just thinking why do I not want her charecter with Henry, when she is who we are suppose to be rooting for. Sadly I wished the chic who played his sister was trying to date him.

I can't believe that people think Lake Bell is unattractive. I sat through this crap movie just to look at her face. I think she's beautiful.

For me it's not so much her looks, but the way she talks. She has a very annoying speech pattern that makes me hope I never see her in another movie.

Definitely a supporting role type of girl.

And a little help comes in a little glass vial and a gun pressed against her anatomy.

I like Lake. I feel that way about Langoria.

She looks like a MAN

She looks like a MAN, that's why

Re: She looks like a MAN

Lake is very, very attractive. Watch her with OWEN WILSON in the current "No Escape". She is cute.

Amanda Bynes is hot and Lindsay Lohan is not.
Profile pic: Courtney Thorne-Smith.

Nope. I think she's gorgeous.