Ouija: Origin of Evil : Not a movie you'd expect to be good.

Not a movie you'd expect to be good.

The original Ouija wasn't good to begin with, so you kinda figure that the sequel is going to be a disaster. I haven't seen the movie yet, but based on trailer I already know it's going to be better than the first, and the reviews seem to agree.

It's pretty rare to get a sequel that's better than the original, so I'm glad it still happens. Mainly I'm happy that we're getting a good horror movie.

Who has seen it? Is it a legit horror movie?

Re: Not a movie you'd expect to be good.

It's legit, not groundbreaking as others have mentioned, but still a good quality film. The story was predictable, but there were some truly creepy and disturbing moments that gave me chills, and all without gore (which wasn't necessary to the story). It was well acted, especially by the young lead; she was awesome. Worth a full price ticket - and I don't say that often!

It was definitely effective but in the end doesn't steer away form tired and cliche possession vibes. I don't know if I'd say its worth seeing in the theatre. it's a 6.6/10

"the mucus queen is yours"

Was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Saw it yesterday in a pretty much empty theater. Wish I'd stuck around for the post-credit scene.

what happened at the post credit scene

First one didn't leave much of an imprint on me. I really liked this one and would highly recommend, same old tropes but somehow felt fresh and had some really good directing and editing choices which elevated it.

I came on the boards to try and figure out the ending because to be honestly I didn't get it. Do yourself a favour and go watch.

How did y'all hate the first one and now are recommending this one? NOBODY has explained that yet. And then the stories are related... They're acting like it's a completely different franchise.

Because it is a completely different film. Different writer, director, editors and actors.

Beside the board game and a word in the title, there is nothing related. Please watch the film before spreading misinformation.

They said the first one was *beep* though. Not just *beep* absolute *beep* So people can't really take them in their word when they're now saying the sequel to that *beep* gets rave reviews.

Ouija is *** and so what? You keep saying sequel sequel sequel sequel when, as the guy said, the two have nothing to do with each other. Why is it so hard to understand the phrase "different films"?

I've seen you on so many threads now saying the same thing, you really have to be the thickest person on this board. How is it so surprising that a movie with a great creative team behind it managed to be good? It being a "sequel" has nothing to do with it.

Beside the board game and a word in the title,

And Doris. This movie literally explains how the ghost Doris in the first one came into existence and why she is the way she is in the first one. This entire movie is that entities backstory. So yes there is a lot of relation between this movie and "Ouija" This one just happened to be done a *beep* load better.

I've baited my hook with my own underwear. Is it wrong that I hope to catch a fish I can relate to?-Ragdoll.

I'm surprisingly pleasant to hear about the improvements in this movie. I didn't like the first movie and found it terribly boring. I was puzzled as the next person to hear about another installment for the first Ouija. The trailers also looked like it would be an huge improvement over the first movie. I’ve only ever saw Hush by Flanagan. And if that movie was anything to go by, I have some confident in this one.

u007f🍭🎃👻🍬

Just watched it tonight.

It was surprisingly good. I'm in the same boat as many - I expected it to suck as the first one was terrible. But the thing is, they have a new director and new writers here. So while the name and franchise is the same, the direction is completely different.

As others said, it's NOT groundbreaking in any means. But it is a very SOLIDLY made horror film that accomplishes what it sets out to do. I'd recommend the watch.

I watched the first Ouija last week and holy crap, that movie is terrible. This one, however, excels in every single aspect compared to the first one.

But I am sad to tell you that Origin of Evil sort of falls apart in the final act. There are still a few really good scenes there, but it's mostly a lot of wall crawling and a kid doing silly stuff while being possessed.

The build up to the final act is insanely good though. The first hour of the movie was great, probably one of the best modern horror films that I've watched.
It just can't seem to hold on to that level of quality for the last 20 minutes though.

That's how I felt after watching it. Great "The Conjuring" type build up which then turns into your typical possesed person ending. Overall still decent though.

I have never seen the first but this was a good horror movie

Its actually pretty good. Nothing amazing, but enjoyable. FAR better than the 2014 film.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1EOvTBMGYQ

I knew it would have been good because Mike Flanagan did not make a horrible movie yet.... Oculus and Hush are awesome, and Before I wake is good !

Last Movies: - Blood Father: 8/10
- Suicide Squad: 9/10
- Sausage Party: 4/10

Hush wasn't that good imo. Not bad, but he took off his mask too early and just wasn't very intimidating.

In my expert opinion, and I am an expert in the subject matter, Flanagan has made a bad movie and that is Hush. It's one the most generic, ridiculous, uninspired slasher/home invasion movies in the last 10 years. Oculus, okay I liked it, great concept. I even thought Absentia was solid, but there is no love for me for Hush. I can honestly say I didn't appreciate one thing in the whole movie.

Yeah it was pretty bland. Could have been great.

It isn't. It's awful. And you haven't seen the movie, but say that its good based on some stupid reviews? Awesome.

Poorly Lived and Poorly Died, Poorly Buried and No One Cried

It isn't awful at all. Cliché, sure. It was an okay horror movie...definitely better than the first. And switch up ya attitude, no need to get your panties in a twist. I never said it was a good movie. I said it seems as if it will be better than the first...which it is. But it wasn't anything special either.

AGREED - It was well-made, acted and devoid of unoriginality.

I didn't know how to reply to the whole thread. This is a prequel to the 2014 Ouija, not a sequel. And to those who say this one & the 2014 one have nothing to do w/ each other, you obviously don't remember the movie at all. Notice that in the 2014 one, it's the same exact house. Also, remember the old lady in the mental institution or whatever it was? That was Lina Zander.

And it isn't – trust me, everyone.

I could hardly go as far as to 1 h 25 min before I just HAD to stop. A complete waste of time. At 1 h 07 min it's time for the mandatory holohoax propaganda and demonization of Germany, added to the movie by the zionistic producers. Simply sick. The year in this movie is suppossed to be 1965 but that feeling is NOT conveyed to the audience in any way. There ARE good OUIJA-related movies out there to watch.

I definitely would not expect the sequel to Ouija to be good lol. I watched Chris Stuckman's underrated movies of 2016 and this was on the list though, so I'll give it a chance.

This one is pretty mediocre.

The acting is all over the place but quite weak, some of the actors are better than the others. I'll leave it at that. The setting is good with the house and the usual stuff. It has a *very* slow start. It's not until halfway through the movie actually begins. The CGI is not bad but it isn't very good either. It uses cheesy jump scares that bores you after the first time. I'm not sure why this is? I guess it's because the movie is very predictable.

I thought it actually turned okay halfway through but then it went downhill quite quickly again. I personally didn't mind the slow start I actually laughed a few times, I can't remember at what. Probably just something silly. The youngest kid was quite good in some scenes and often stole the scenes. Sadly her performance varied a lot throughout the movie. The priest was awful.

I'd rate the movie as 4/10.

Havn't seen the other Ouija movies, I watched this on a whim with low expectations and it turned out to be a very good. I will probably not going to see the other Ouija movies but i highly recommend this for fans of the genre as for say Ouija board fans and/or Ouija board based movies fans i say don't bother since it is used here as a gimmick and it is not really about Ouija boards.

I gave this a deserved 7/10. a quiet effective movie that i think is going to be a crowd pleaser.

For those who liked this one i highly recommend The Awakening (2011) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1687901/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

English is not my native language.
Want to know who did 911? visit http://www.911missinglinks.com/